This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrea/Paul Nov 28 - Dec 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, can't believe it's almost over. Have a great last day today, enjoy Reflexions!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the trip reports, really enjoyed them. I know what you mean about the couples with kids that run wild at the pool. The last time I was at La Cabana I was surprised to see so several couples with kids at the resort, and this was in September. By the time I made it down to the pool they were already there, running wild with the parents yelling out the same thing every couple of minutes. I looked for a place that was a good enough distance away, which worked, except for one afternoon when two kids wandered over to where I was sitting and proceeded to ask me a whole bunch of questions. Mostly why I was reading instead of swimming in the pool. Anyway, enjoy your last full day. Hopefully the weather on Aruba is way better than the rain and overcast conditions that we have here in T&T. Take care!!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don’t get me wrong ... we love kids. ( I had one for breakfast this morning).

One of them asked Paul why he had hair in his ears ? Of course I laughed, Paul not so much.
    Back in the LaCabana Paul was sticking the nose hair trimmer in his ears.

They do say the darndest things.
    Quote Originally Posted by vallond View Post
    Thanks for the trip reports, really enjoyed them. I know what you mean about the couples with kids that run wild at the pool. The last time I was at La Cabana I was surprised to see so several couples with kids at the resort, and this was in September. By the time I made it down to the pool they were already there, running wild with the parents yelling out the same thing every couple of minutes. I looked for a place that was a good enough distance away, which worked, except for one afternoon when two kids wandered over to where I was sitting and proceeded to ask me a whole bunch of questions. Mostly why I was reading instead of swimming in the pool. Anyway, enjoy your last full day. Hopefully the weather on Aruba is way better than the rain and overcast conditions that we have here in T&T. Take care!!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey that's a great question! All kidding aside , thanks so much for the trip reports from all you guys these past 2 weeks. "life without an Aruba Trip post is meaningless".
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Will you be checking out the Winter Wonderland when you go to Hung Paradise? Kind of curious if I missed anything.

It’s snowing here this morning. Feels a lot like Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like
    You can't do anything about home until you are there, so enjoy your last day. I will really miss the trip report.

I understand about the kids. It drives me nuts when parents don't watch them and let them run amok. We don't see that at Oceania as much as you see it in resorts. I think you see it more at hotels and resorts for some reason. It could be worse. We stayed in a hotel near my sil's place. There was a boy's hockey team staying there. Parents had a conference room where they were eating and drinking. Kids were playing hockey in our hallway-sticks, pucks, full gear. I did call security after the second time the puck and kids slammed our door) and they did stop them. I mentioned it at check out. The woman rolled her eyes. She said they many complaints about them.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ugg hockey in hallways

I do say that most of the parents do a great job parenting!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    We saw it on Monday night. Actually not especially terrific.
    I will take a few photos tonight.

Happy snowstorm!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Will you be checking out the Winter Wonderland when you go to Hung Paradise? Kind of curious if I missed anything.

It’s snowing here this morning. Feels a lot like Christmas!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy the last few hours of your trip. Thanks for taking us along with you.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today’s view Reflexions @ Surfside
    Andrea/Paul Nov 28 - Dec 12-0b8cfbe6-d361-494f-a1e5-0074eb2070eb-jpg
    1 1