This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aruba we are finally back!

Post Thanks / Like
    Loving your trip report. Continue to Enjoy.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thursday we went back to Diana's Pancakes for breakfast. Just as great second time around! We got there when they opened at 8 and no line or waiting, but things were definitely getting busy by a bit after 8:30.

We then hung around the high rise area for a bit. We had some drinks at Carlito's Sports Beach Bar. They had an all day special on mixed drinks 2 for $12 so that was a great deal. My wife said their strawberry Margaritas were great.

We then had Greek for lunch again since it was so good the first time. The name of the place is Kouzina. They apparently are pretty new, and I'd say if you want a quick casual lunch try them out. I again had the chicken gyro and my wife had their Greek salad. Again excellent food!

We went in the ocean at Palm Beach right past Riu since it wasn't at all crowded there. Great little spot, and even found a divi divi tree for shade.

We went to Atardi for dinner. It was our first time trying them. You eat right on the beach. A smaller menu, but everything we had was excellent. I had grilled octopus and macadamia encrusted grouper and my wife had scallops and blackened mahi mahi. For dessert we had chocolate lava cake with amazing peanut butter ice cream. It rained right as we finished dessert so that was well timed. Again great meal!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Friday morning we went to 3 beaches to check out snorkeling. We did Boca Catalina, Tres Trapi, and Malmok. My wife saw the most fish at Boca Catalina, but saw an octopus at Tres Trapi so hard to declare a winner. She did say swimming was a bit easier at Tres Trapi. She didn't see too much at Malmok and said it was harder to get in and out due to rocks.

For lunch we did take out at an Indian restaurant near by called Tandoor The Indian Grill House. We got three dishes, Chicken Tika Masala, Fish Tika Masala, and Mutton Vindaloo. All were excellent. We went with medium spice level and it wasn't too spicy at all for us. Next time we'd brave one level higher. We love Indian food so we were excited to find them.

Hung out in the ocean a bit at the beach in front of blue which was great. Perfect beach for me due to being very calm, and easy to stand in all the way up to chest height water.

Dinner I made some baby back ribs we got at Super Foods which were excellent, and ate dinner on the porch while watching a cloudy sunset.

Next stop Bucuti!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for sharing and I hope that your move to the Bucuti today is easy.

enjoy.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Tandoor is one of our favorite restaurants on the island. Thanks for sharing your time on Palm Beach, we like Carlito's too.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoying your trip adventures :-) Sounds like you have had a good variety of different foods, greek, dutch, indian. Enjoy your return to your favorite resort today and rest of your adventure.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad you are enjoying your trip. I know that I'm enjoying your trip report! I hope your second week is as good as your first.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Love Your Trip Reports !!!

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope your move down to Bucuti was fast and easy! Truly enjoying your reports. Love the macadamia crusted grouper at Atardi. Enjoy!!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Great trip report and I enjoyed our conversation. I might know of a 2 bedroom for sale by a realtor. I’ll private message you info. I’ll do a trip report when I get back.
    0 0