This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to Aruba - Finally!

Post Thanks / Like

Back to Aruba - Finally!

Today, it was 30 degrees and snowing where I live, but in about 72 hours, fingers crossed, I am hoping to be settled into my Oceania condo after a sunset dinner at Passions on the Beach.

I have been awaiting this for what seems like forever: Nine days of Aruban bliss after 15 months of non-stop work.

My last trip was in January 2020, and I have cancelled once already and didn't want to do so again. But Covid triggers anxiety. I caught it the second week of March so I have dodged the testing requirements. If you test positive within 12 weeks of travel and have recovered, you just need to upload your positive PCR test result, as you can falsely test positive even when you're over it. While others on this board have stated they had no trouble making it into Aruba this way, I am still a bit anxious nonetheless. However, I am extremely grateful my Covid experience was very, very mild and I am now vaccinated on top of it (J & J) so I'm hoping I'm bulletproof. (But I will always be cautious and mask up.)

I am most anxious for a pal who will be joining me for a few days. He takes his PCR test tomorrow, but he tested positive for Covid in November. I really wish I would have had him test a few weeks ago to see if a false positive was appearing. I will be so disappointed if he can't come along, as I have booked some great restaurants for us to enjoy together: Passions, Senses, Italy in the World, Fred, Madame Janettes, and The Kitchen Table. (Still deciding whether I should invest in three tasting-table type restaurants; what a fun problem to have.) Anyway, my pal appreciates fine dining so much and it would be fun to share these restaurants with him. But what will be will be; and I have to remember not to fret over what I cannot control.

How profoundly privileged and blessed I am to have these kind of worries.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck to your friend. You are really due a vacation in Aruba.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe travels and have a great vacation!!
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy your trip!!

1 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy EVERY moment and thanks for sharing!!

Safe travels.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe travel and have a great time! Well deserve!
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know which unit you will be staying in at Oceania? There is some maintenance work going on. Mostly spackling and painting in Palm and Eagle. The shower by the pool in phase 1(Eagle and Palm) will retiled along with adding in a foot wash spigot next week. None of the maintenance should effect you, but wanted to give you a heads up. If you see anything that needs attention, please let me know.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much. I appreciate it. I am staying in (edited).

Best,
    Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Do you know which unit you will be staying in at Oceania? There is some maintenance work going on. Mostly spackling and painting in Palm and Eagle. The shower by the pool in phase 1(Eagle and Palm) will retiled along with adding in a foot wash spigot next week. None of the maintenance should effect you, but wanted to give you a heads up. If you see anything that needs attention, please let me know.
    Last edited by ideastowords; 04-14-2021 at 10:19 PM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Have fun! Your restaurant choices sound great! Mask up and be safe!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy!

0 0