This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bri's Trip Report 11/25 - 12/1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    great photos, thanks for sharing

we had nice time last night.

you do more in Aruba than we do!!

enjoy the day and see you tomorrow

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today, breakfast was at Diana’s for a Dutch pancake. Great service (I think the manager/owner waited on me - I went early and no one else was there). It was great and their coffee is really good!

On the beach today, three doggies hung out with me under my palapa just napping and resting. I brought them some water, but they didn’t drink it all. I was surprised as I thought they were hot and thirsty. Guess not. They eventually left me and went elsewhere lol. They’re so cute and docile. They hung out with other folks on the beach and received food and lots of pets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bri's Trip Report 11/25 - 12/1-6f97a1f7-dd62-4258-8975-c35f1424551c-jpg  
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Today, breakfast was at Diana’s for a Dutch pancake. Great service (I think the manager/owner waited on me - I went early and no one else was there). It was great and their coffee is really good!

On the beach today, three doggies hung out with me under my palapa just napping and resting. I brought them some water, but they didn’t drink it all. I was surprised as I thought they were hot and thirsty. Guess not. They eventually left me and went elsewhere lol. They’re so cute and docile. They hung out with other folks on the beach and received food and lots of pets.
    I believe those dogs are the ones who used to live in the lot between Oceania and Screaming Eagle. My son said they put a fence around the lot and it seems like the dogs moved to the beach. At one time, I think there were 4 of them. Usually, someone had bowls set out near Screaming Eagle/La Quinta for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s so sad, I hope they are well
    fed.
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I believe those dogs are the ones who used to live in the lot between Oceania and Screaming Eagle. My son said they put a fence around the lot and it seems like the dogs moved to the beach. At one time, I think there were 4 of them. Usually, someone had bowls set out near Screaming Eagle/La Quinta for them.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad they are being waited on by beach goers!!

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like

Just love the Dutch pancakes. We usually go to the Dutch Pancake House downtown. They have some nice savory versions, although the Nutella and strawberry version is quite good as well. Also, like Linda’s but have yet to try Diana’s.

I’m one who will feed the pups. Tom always has a fit. You have to feel bad for them but the number of street dogs seem to be declining thanks to the rescues and others who look out for them. Wish I could talk Tom into adopting one.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Prior to 2020 I would walk from LaCabanna to starbucks near high rises and when I would return with food in a bag, I would have 8 dogs follow me. Some stayed distanced, but there always one that would be close, so my husband always lost some of his sandwich. lol We were in Aruba in 2/20 and did not see any roaming dogs, and saw a lot of them on leashes so we thought the island cracked down on the rules. We love to see all the dogs and cats when we are there.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve never had a dog so I am hesitant to feed them “people food” because I have no idea what they can eat and don’t want to get them sick
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Just love the Dutch pancakes. We usually go to the Dutch Pancake House downtown. They have some nice savory versions, although the Nutella and strawberry version is quite good as well. Also, like Linda’s but have yet to try Diana’s.

I’m one who will feed the pups. Tom always has a fit. You have to feel bad for them but the number of street dogs seem to be declining thanks to the rescues and others who look out for them. Wish I could talk Tom into adopting one.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve never had a dog so I am hesitant to feed them “people food” because I have no idea what they can eat and don’t want to get them sick
    That’s smart. It’s surprising how many things they can’t have but as street dogs, I think they have more tolerance. We have a yellow lab that I obsess over so I’m always checking on things she wants to eat!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    California Lighthouse
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bri's Trip Report 11/25 - 12/1-f6ba2257-47f4-4831-923d-f2913e782564-jpg   Bri's Trip Report 11/25 - 12/1-0bd30a7a-c268-4055-a07a-61facb97ab98-jpg  

0 0