Quote Originally Posted by bhoffdhoff View Post
Well, we are home now. We had our covid test on Mon.,easy peasy. We opted for the PCR test as its more accurate. My sinuses have been acting up while in Aruba and I wanted to be absolutely sure I didn’t have covid….and I didn’t so I was able to sigh a relief.

We went to the Beach Bar at Playa Linda and I was able to meet RPUmpire’s friend. It was important to me to relay my condolences to him and to tell him how much I appreciated how nice they were to Catherine when she was in Aruba last year. He was so nice. We felt like we had known him for years.

Tues. morning we left for the airport a little after nine to get to the airport in plenty of time for our 1:10 flight. You never know what can happen with traffic. Once our taxi was involved in a fender bender on our way to the airport so you never know.

I had used the wheelchair service so we made it through customs and security in plenty of time to have one last beer and a hot dog at the Old Dutch Bar. Our flight was on time and we made our connection in Boston on time too. Catherine picked us at the airport and we were home by 11:30pm. We were in bed by 12:30. Wow! Did it ever feel good!!

All in all, we had a great time, but I think a month is too long, at least it was for us. The walking part was soooo hard for me that if I don’t improve soon, I’ll probably break down and get one of those walkers with wheels. My pride has been keeping me from getting one thus far.
Glad you had a wonderful, relaxed vacation and got home safe. Don't let your pride get in your way. Maybe start with a cane and move on to a rollator. I have hip issues and I use a cane every so often but recently was advised by doctor that I should use it as much as possible to reduce the pressure on my bad left hip which will reduce how often they get imflammated. On previous trips I was considering renting a rollator. On the Aruba booklet that they used to distribute at the airport and used to be attached to this forum, I noticed an ad where you can rent a walker, rollator or even a motor scooter for a few days or a week. I had considered that a few times and I just might rent a rollator next trip. I really missed out several times when I stood at Aruba Phoenix on walking the boardwalk.