This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deb and Tom Escape From Reality

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh
    that is frustrating.

if you can, type it to a DOC and then just copy/paste it over to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBunches View Post
    Most of my post got cut off, so I’m rewriting. ☹️

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 1

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you're having fun!
    Last edited by hatteras; 08-30-2020 at 11:44 AM.

0 1

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our first day waking up on Aruba was great. We don’t have much of an agenda for this trip because of the most unusual circumstances. We had coffee on the balcony, and we had breakfast in our room. The staff has a sanitizing machine that looks and sounds like a leaf blower. We watched them walk around and sanitize every table and chair by the pool. In case you’re wondering, we are REALLY fun at parties ������.

Our next move was a trip to Super Foods for some provisions. For those who haven’t been to SF, you need a quarter-sized coin to get a cart, which you get back when you return your cart to the corral. I approve of this concept, as it helps with one of my most serious pet peeves from home. Put your carts back, people! ������ Due to COVID regulations, you must use a cart to shop. We were only purchasing a few items, so we didn’t get a cart before we got into the entry line. We got to the front of the line and then had to get out to get change, then get a cart and get into line again. I’m not complaining, just trying to help the next shopper. The store had required hand sanitizer at entry, and directional arrows on the aisles. It was well-stocked and uncrowded. Remember your reusable bags! Plastic bags are banned on Aruba.

We returned to our room, unpacked and got ready to go to the Private Island. We had no trouble getting chairs in the shade, and we set up for the day. We swam, read, chatted with some nice people we met, had some adult beverages, visited with the flamingos and even napped briefly. There was some drama on the beach! Someone brought a little dog over to the island. We heard growling and yelling, and then one of the staff members ran over to the scene. He looked VERY angry, as though this wasn’t the first time. Their trip to the island didn’t last long, as they soon were on the way out.

Hunger arrived as expected, but we weren’t interested in anything on the beach menu. He took the boat back and walked over to One Happy Bowl. This place is a treasure and I highly recommend a visit. The staff is kind and friendly and the food is delicious and fresh. The walls are adorned with local art that can be purchased, or just appreciated. We ate on our balcony and then headed for the pool.

The pool area is very nice. There was a DJ playing music, and there was also a young couple nearby who thought their music was better, so they played it really loud ������. Happy Hour arrived and it sounded like a good idea to us, so we partook in more adult beverages. Hey, we’re over 21, on vacation, and not driving. We were soon joined by a gentle giant of a dog named Moses. He was accompanied by his people whose names we failed to get. Mo took the chair next to me and we chatted for a bit. I say “we” but oddly enough, I did most of the talking.

Hunger showed up again, so we showered and got ready for dinner. We walked over to Yemanja which became a new favorite of mine last year. We didn’t have a reservation, so we waited about 20 minutes for a table. While I’m sure it wasn’t a “normal” Saturday night, I am happy to say they were enjoying a pretty busy night. They are not using regular menus during this time. They have stickers on the table with a scannable QR code. You scan the code with your phone’s camera, and the entire menu comes up. We had an outstanding dinner, and the service was excellent.

We walked back our room over eerily quiet streets, and then it was lights out.
    Last edited by SuperBunches; 08-30-2020 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Emoji fix

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank you so much for sharing.

ok so a mini dog got booted off the island but a giant dog "Moses" got to lounge poolside?
    I snarfed my coffee when I read about MO.

yemanja...........they did it right!
    a few of our local restaurants are doing that scan the code thing and menu appears on the phone! BRILLIANT!

continue to have fun!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We really enjoy Yemanja. It’s nice to hear that they have extra safety precautions. Have you tried their snickertini!

I was surprised about the little dog on the island but more surprised to hear of a large dog at the pool. Last time when we were at the pool bar on the ocean suites side a large black dog took up residence behind my chair. It may have been because I “accidentally” dropped coconut shrimp.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I accidentally dropped some grouper at MJs once or twice and wound up with a colony of cats at our table.
    Dear husband and our friends were disgusted as was the server.
    To add to their disgust I gave extra.

Peg I wonder if that large dog that ate the coconut shrimp is one and the same as Moses?

Someday I will tell my MOSES joke!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    This is my friend:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Deb and Tom Escape From Reality-e23bb212-e93d-4bf9-a485-6aa635cc378b-jpg  

0 1

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thank you so much for sharing.

ok so a mini dog got booted off the island but a giant dog "Moses" got to lounge poolside?
    I snarfed my coffee when I read about MO.

yemanja...........they did it right!
    a few of our local restaurants are doing that scan the code thing and menu appears on the phone! BRILLIANT!

continue to have fun!

Mo was a sweetheart. The mini dog had mini dog attitude and attacked someone.

I agree reed on the code thing. Brilliant!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Thanks so much for posting! I miss the island so much

There were two big Norwegian ships in port and two small ships while I was there - Freewinds & another that I didn't notice a name of.

Amazing how many annoying things we can handle when on vacation in paradise! They just don't seem as annoying as the do in Jersey! Can't wait to hear how the rest of your trip goes!

Same ships. Two Norwegian, the Freewinds and unmarked ship.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    This is my friend:

This is definitely not Mo. Moses has curly hair and a long beard. I will try to post a picture. Please don’t hold your breath waiting. I need lessons!