This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Family Trip Number 12, July 19 -26

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Family Trip Number 12, July 19 -26

    Car service picked us up promptly at 6 AM and we were off to Logan. Into Terminal C and through security in about 25 minutes. Our flight took off about 20 minutes late, but we still arrived at Queen Beatrix 25 minutes earlier than scheduled. We were given incorrect baggage carousel location. By the time our bags began to appear, there were at least 2 other flights' bags on the carousel. Quite the cluster but we moved on. No bag check on the way out of the terminal. More4Less picked us up, took us to their office, and we were off to the Marriott Stellaris within 30 minutes. Our room was ready. The bellman brought our bags up to the room and we were off for our traditional first night dinner at Amore Mio. Two very good pizzas and salads, drinks for 3 of the 4 of us and we had a very good, quick and light meal for under $100. More to come as I catch up.....
    0 5
     

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    would you like me to change the title....to JULY or was this August 2021?

    welcome to the posting side!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperFan1 View Post
    Car service picked us up promptly at 6 AM and we were off to Logan. Into Terminal C and through security in about 25 minutes. Our flight took off about 20 minutes late, but we still arrived at Queen Beatrix 25 minutes earlier than scheduled. We were given incorrect baggage carousel location. By the time our bags began to appear, there were at least 2 other flights' bags on the carousel. Quite the cluster but we moved on. No bag check on the way out of the terminal. More4Less picked us up, took us to their office, and we were off to the Marriott Stellaris within 30 minutes. Our room was ready. The bellman brought our bags up to the room and we were off for our traditional first night dinner at Amore Mio. Two very good pizzas and salads, drinks for 3 of the 4 of us and we had a very good, quick and light meal for under $100. More to come as I catch up.....
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0
     

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    would you like me to change the title....to JULY or was this August 2021?

    welcome to the posting side!
    Thank you Andrea. We're actually in Aruba now. So, the title should have read...."July 19 -26, 2022.
    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    42,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    done
    have a blast!!

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperFan1 View Post
    Thank you Andrea. We're actually in Aruba now. So, the title should have read...."July 19 -26, 2022.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy the rest of your stay!
    Trip 38 booked for Feb! Cant wait.







    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    6,668
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting.
    A wise man is easily fooled. But, only a fool would fool a wise man!
    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,015
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you are having a great time. Thanks for the report!
    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like
    We started off Day 2 with the buffet breakfast at La Vista, here at the Marriott. It's pricey but quite good. We like to stop in for breakfast 2 - 3 times per trip, to see our favorite wait staff and to support them. After breakfast, it was off to the beach for the day. We can't say enough about how friendly and welcoming the beach staff is, and how hard they work. They always remember us, which is a great feeling. The beach is somewhat crowded, but we've seen it more so. Dinner was at Daniel's and very good.

    I should mention that the Wendy's rotary/roundabout is still not finished. Travel, on the main road, is allowed south bound, but not north bound, and you can not take that left to go down toward Linda's. To get to the Linda's area, a dirt road has been "built" through the median, just behind the Mall. During the day, the detour signs, through that neighborhood are clearly visible. I would imagine it would be dicey trying to see the unlit detour signs at night.....
    0 1
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,015
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love breakfast as La Vista and the staff! Did you ever meet Pope Francis? He is so entertaining and an amazing waiter. He calls himself Pope Francis and everyone knows him as that! Next time look into having continental breakfast being included. It’s pretty extensive. We stay at the Marriott too. Love it.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperFan1 View Post
    We started off Day 2 with the buffet breakfast at La Vista, here at the Marriott. It's pricey but quite good. We like to stop in for breakfast 2 - 3 times per trip, to see our favorite wait staff and to support them. After breakfast, it was off to the beach for the day. We can't say enough about how friendly and welcoming the beach staff is, and how hard they work. They always remember us, which is a great feeling. The beach is somewhat crowded, but we've seen it more so. Dinner was at Daniel's and very good.

    I should mention that the Wendy's rotary/roundabout is still not finished. Travel, on the main road, is allowed south bound, but not north bound, and you can not take that left to go down toward Linda's. To get to the Linda's area, a dirt road has been "built" through the median, just behind the Mall. During the day, the detour signs, through that neighborhood are clearly visible. I would imagine it would be dicey trying to see the unlit detour signs at night.....
    Last edited by Colette M; 07-26-2022 at 08:58 PM.
    0 0
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    5,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperFan1 View Post
    We started off Day 2 with the buffet breakfast at La Vista, here at the Marriott. It's pricey but quite good. We like to stop in for breakfast 2 - 3 times per trip, to see our favorite wait staff and to support them. After breakfast, it was off to the beach for the day. We can't say enough about how friendly and welcoming the beach staff is, and how hard they work. They always remember us, which is a great feeling. The beach is somewhat crowded, but we've seen it more so. Dinner was at Daniel's and very good.

    I should mention that the Wendy's rotary/roundabout is still not finished. Travel, on the main road, is allowed south bound, but not north bound, and you can not take that left to go down toward Linda's. To get to the Linda's area, a dirt road has been "built" through the median, just behind the Mall. During the day, the detour signs, through that neighborhood are clearly visible. I would imagine it would be dicey trying to see the unlit detour signs at night.....
    The roundabout is "supposed to" be finish the first week of September.






    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •