This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Jacki's Family Trip 8/6 - 8/19/2022

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry I have been missing again. Estelle (SIL's mom) passed, a very close friend of theirs who has been battling cancer passed - it was just a very odd and emotional year.

Wednesday the 17th started on the beach before sunrise as usual. When Brianna was done at the gym she texted and I met her at the car. We went and did some snorkeling at Arashi & then Tres Tapi where I had the most amazing, peaceful, serene and beautiful swim with a few turtles. It was the highlight of my trip, just me and my girl and a few beautiful turtles.

We did get to go to MJ's for our next to last night's meal that night. The food was just amazing as always. Service was GREAT at the beginning of the meal, then we had trouble trying to wave down a server to get our check. The flies were impossible to deal with! We were swatting constantly. Brianna eventually got up from the table, found someone and paid the entire bill. Love that kid! lol

We took our annual pictures in their waiting/picture area and went back to LaCabana for some Glitz ing and Gelato and our annual family pics in the LaCabana lobby.

Thursday was our last day on the island. We spent the entire day on the beach, back to Pata Pata at 4 for Happy Hour and drank my fill of Aruba Aribas. Had to pack them in to hold me over for the next year or so!
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Friday the 19th we left Aruba. We had breakfast with Laurie at the Islander Grill - first sit down breakfast out of the entire trip! We closed the bills on our rooms and transferred them to Laurie's credit card and she moved into our rooms. She dropped us at the airport at noon for a 3pm departure. No lines in the first departure area. Normal line outside to the next building. HUGE crazy lines from the very start of the next building, all the way down the hallway and back up the other side before heading to the security check with the bins. Travelers were rude and nasty. One guy was yelling about his Global Entry and how he should be made to wait on these lines. UGH. Entitled People are SO annoying!

Rich & the kids stayed on line through the duty free area - I ran over and picked up some Balashi to bring home and got back online with them near the luggage room door. Lines and lines and lines and waiting and people complaining that they may miss their flight - blah blah blah

We had just enough time to get upstairs, grab some Panda Express, get to the gate and wait online to board. Three hours was exactly what we needed. Flight home was uneventful and JFK was easy to navigate to the long term parking lot, well, actually, we got on the wrong airtrain at first, but jumped off and on another then got to our car and sat in NYC traffic all the way home. Bittersweet!!!!

My SIL, Ann, returned to Aruba on Saturday. I'm thankful she got to go back and spend the next week there relaxing, but annoyed that I didn't have a chance to hug her. She did a few dives with a friend and completely enjoyed her time. I'm very thankful that Aruba always gives us all the peace and family time we need.
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Jacki, so sorry for your family's losses. Thanks for coming back and finishing up your trip report, it sounds like you had a great time. Just think, it's less than a year until you'll be back!
    I want to grow my own food, but I can't find any bacon seeds...
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My condolences on the losses for your loved ones.

I appreciate you circling back here to let us know of your last days on the island. I love the swim you both enjoyed with the turtles - what a sweet memory that will be for you
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry about your families losses. It’s difficult when you are away and experience this. The airport these days sounds like a nightmare. Glad you were still able to create nice memories though.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    my condolences on the losses of those dear to you.

thanks for filling us in on the last couple of days of your stay.

the airport .....ugh!
    the price we pay for having US Customs in AUA is a high one.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It really wasn't bad at the airport. Honestly just warning people to be aware that when they say minimum of three hours, they actually mean 3 hours. Shocker! lol
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I made this album public. Here are our 2022 pictures

Jacki's Facebook Picture Link
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Works fine. Your kids are really growing up.
    I want to grow my own food, but I can't find any bacon seeds...
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    It really wasn't bad at the airport. Honestly just warning people to be aware that when they say minimum of three hours, they actually mean 3 hours. Shocker! lol
    So very sorry for your losses. Glad you had a great vacation. Did it take you 3 hours without Global Entry? Or do you have Global Entey?
    0 0