This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacki's family trip 8/7 - 8/21/2020

Post Thanks / Like

Jacki's family trip 8/7 - 8/21/2020

Started packing today. Trip report officially begins!

We have appointments scheduled for COVID tests on Tuesday morning in Seacaucus for 8 of us & Wednesday morning for 3 more. Haven't rented a car yet, not sure who is watching the dogs yet. I wasn't positive that this trip was going to happen so I'm a bit last minute here!

One of my best friends, like one of my core people, was supposed to be married on September 12, but then COVID hit. She decided last week to get married this coming Thursday in her backyard! The day before we leave! So now I'm taking off of work Tuesday morning for testing, Thursday morning for the wedding & then leaving for as few weeks. I feel so guilty!
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My niece's passport renewal didn't come back yet, my brother sent out in back in April, but they are still shut Dow, so she's staying home with her mother.
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh your niece and her lack of passport

your work will just "have" to understand. sometimes life just gets in the way of work!!

happy packing and we are looking forward to reading of all of your adventures!

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So looking forward to hearing all about it
    Maybe niece can pet sit?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel so bad for your niece! Happy packing you’ll be there before you know it.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Maybe niece can pet sit?
    I wish! She’s 6
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so happy you and your family are going!

Don't worry about work-it'll be there when you get back. You can't let work get in the way of life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jacki, you should never feel guilty about work, especially when Aruba is involved. I cannot wait to read your reports. Hope everything goes flawlessly and only 5 days to go!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love that we are getting a Dion Family trip report!!! Sending positive vibes for a smooth travel week!
    As for your last minute planning, I saw a really great weekly rental deal with Yes Rental car Aruba, including a van rental for $325 for a week https://www.yessrentalcar.com/. He gets mixed reviews, and some people find him rude, but we had a good experience and would rent again.

That stinks about the passport. I have heard some people having success by contacting their congressman to help move the process along - may be too late for that at this point. We sent ours in late June and have fingers crossed for them to come back before Thanksgiving.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    My niece's passport renewal didn't come back yet, my brother sent out in back in April, but they are still shut Dow, so she's staying home with her mother.

We are leaving this coming Sat. Was waiting for my nephews passport. So stressful and sad if she can't go with you. Also put it in April. Just got it back on Wed. Praying hers comes in time.
    0 0