This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacki's family trip 8/7 - 8/21/2020

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    during normal times the Pata Pata serves all!!
    I love their happy hour.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad to read that your daughter is on the way soon. I know this is such quality time for all of you together and I hadn't seen her mentioned. I'm sure being in the medical field, she really needs this break!
    0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    agree!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I'm glad to read that your daughter is on the way soon. I know this is such quality time for all of you together and I hadn't seen her mentioned. I'm sure being in the medical field, she really needs this break!

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely she does need this. Besides being in the medical field, she is just finishing her assignment in Boston so she moved all her belongings home and has been working a ton to be able to take this time off to get to Aruba.
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad she is going too.. being in this field during this time; we all need to get away from it all..
    She earned it and actually deserves it.
    I am counting down the days myself. Work way too many hours and like her need to get away from "all of it"
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Tuesday - Laid back morning, Arielle's last day on the island. We met on the beach at 12:30 for the shuttle to Palm beach to check in for our Delphi Watersports Dolphin Catamaran snorkeling tour. What a great time! There were 12 of us, plus 8 other people and 2 crew members. Very easy to social distance. They have steps on the back to get back on to the boat after snorkeling. Very important as I get older and the knee gets worse, plus a rope swing AND slide. We are thinking about booking it again next week! Came back pretty well into the rum punch so we continued it at happy hour. I really don't remember the rest. I've heard stories, but choose not to believe that was me singing & dancing and going down the slide at La Cabana!

It's really nice to have grown children whom I don't have to watch so closely anymore!
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 6

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s so refreshing to hear reports of people having fun in Aruba. Thank you!!!!!!!!

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love it!!!

Those grown children are now complaining about looking after dear old mom out there being a wild woman.
    Enjoy every moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Tuesday - Laid back morning, Arielle's last day on the island. We met on the beach at 12:30 for the shuttle to Palm beach to check in for our Delphi Watersports Dolphin Catamaran snorkeling tour. What a great time! There were 12 of us, plus 8 other people and 2 crew members. Very easy to social distance. They have steps on the back to get back on to the boat after snorkeling. Very important as I get older and the knee gets worse, plus a rope swing AND slide. We are thinking about booking it again next week! Came back pretty well into the rum punch so we continued it at happy hour. I really don't remember the rest. I've heard stories, but choose not to believe that was me singing & dancing and going down the slide at La Cabana!

It's really nice to have grown children whom I don't have to watch so closely anymore!

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing like great family fun times..
    Too think your children will look back and say "remember when Mom did that in Aruba." lol
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Jason drank more than his share on that catamaran. His first drinks - honestly. He was waiting for Aruba for his first legal drinks, except for a sip here & there. He was just as wasted, if not more! Did I mention that I was bartending on the boat? Ha! Good times!

Wednesday - Brianna day!

Went to the beach early, texted a goodbye to Arielle, who was too emotional to say goodbye in person. I left around 11:30 to go to Superfood with my Sister in law Ann & my brother to pick up some groceries for Brianna's room, dropped the groceries & Ann and headed to the airport to pick up the girl!

She was not feeling well and wound up with strep throat a few days before, was contemplating skipping Aruba all together so I was so very happy to see her standing there with her suitcase!

Came back to the room, made lunches and went down to the beach. Decided to just hang, not really do any dinner plans - Brianna needed to rest. Came back from the beach for showers and made some random foods for dinner, played POKENO in the room. Erica & her boys went to Red Fish for dinner then came back for POKENO. Another great family fun night with all my babies!
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1