This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lisa's Trip Report 8/3/21 to 8/13/21

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa's Trip Report 8/3/21 to 8/13/21

Success!
    Got my lab report from Walgreens this morning, completed the ED-Card process (very easy; they walk you through it step by step), and got my green checkmark about 15 seconds later. All printed and tucked away in a sleeve protector to show anyone who wants to see it tomorrow!!

Not able to check in online and print Delta boarding pass due to Covid. But silly; they send you the usual email; went through the whole process only to have a dialog box pop up at the end that I have to check in at the airport in person. No biggie; I expected that but why not send an email telling you the new process? But that's the only strike in Delta's column so they're forgiven.

Thank you all for your support and words of encouragement. Walt, thank you in particular for all the tips on checking in and flying first class. I have my gift cards for the flight attendants! Andrea, thanks for indulging me with all those questions last night. Sorry for blowing up your email but it was really nice "chatting" with you. I love your new hat! Andrea has graciously agreed to upload pictures for me while I'm in Aruba since I have been completely unsuccessful with that.

So on to the fun stuff!
    I'm packed and all set. Worked until 1:30 today and then got my hair washed and styled so don't need to do that in the middle of the night tonight. Have a bunch of chores to do at home and put everything together in the carry on for easy access at the airports. To bed early since alarm is set for 2:30am (ugh, but I probably won't sleep anyway) with car picking me up at 4am (double ugh!) for trip down to JFK. Flight leaves at 7:53am so feel I am leaving plenty of time. Hopefully, if open, a nice cup of java from Juan Valdez before boarding.

I'm pre-checked in at Manchebo so hopefully I'll be there and enjoying that first Bright by 2pm (flight lands at 12:30pm; I know, I'm being optimistic).

I finally feel able to write - I'm going on vacation to the Happy Island tomorrow! I promise to share it with all of you as so many of you have done the same for us all.
    0 4

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    safe travels!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe travels - looking forward to your report!
    Darlene
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a fantastic trip! Can't wait to follow along!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe travels tomorrow. Glad you decided to go. You’ll be at Pega Pega before you know it and all that stress will melt away. Since you’re arriving on a Tuesday maybe you’ll get to the managers cocktail hour. Hopefully, they’ll have some vendors. Have fun and don’t _forget to post!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you get your tests done and the results back?!

Quote Originally Posted by aruba here I come View Post
    safe travels!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Peg! Definitely plan on checking out the cocktail hour! I'll have a tiramisu for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Safe travels tomorrow. Glad you decided to go. You’ll be at Pega Pega before you know it and all that stress will melt away. Since you’re arriving on a Tuesday maybe you’ll get to the managers cocktail hour. Hopefully, they’ll have some vendors. Have fun and don’t _forget to post!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Thanks Peg! Definitely plan on checking out the cocktail hour! I'll have a tiramisu for you!
    You have no idea how jealous I am BUT so happy to think there are trip reports in our future!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you have the precious green check and are ready to go. Looking forward to your reports.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

green with envy
    looking forward to your report

You deserve this trip!!!

safe and easy travels
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

0 0