This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Live reporting from July 3-14th at the Playa Linda and the Boardwalk 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes we are. We arrived pretty early today. Our flight was uneventful and landed about 25 minutes early. We were through security in a flash and our bags were out rather quickly. We were in our cab and on the way to our hotel about 5 minutes after we were suppose to land so that was great!

We arrived at the Playa and needed to wait a few hours for our room but they locked up our stuff and we headed to the pool for a bit. We grabbed lunch at Azzuros which was just fine. We ate dinner here many, many years ago but never had lunch.

Couple of things that stand out so far. I really like the family pool...7ft deep is great! Another quick takeaway is there is not nearly enough seats for everyone here.It won't bother us but if you are not an early riser here you won't get shade all day long...at least when its sold out as it is today.

The beach repair is a non issue for the post part. They have a 60 yard section blocked off but its not an eye sore or a big issue by any means so don't worry about that if you are coming here.

Relaxing on the balcony having a quick Bacardi while the family naps...getting up at 3am is harder on them than me at this point... We are headed to Bugaloe to dine with a couple of our island friends. My view is very nice as long as I angle my chair the proper way otherwise my view is of the Holiday Inn Parking lot.

The island is jumping with world cup fever....sadly for the people of Aruba Columbia lost (choked) in penalty kicks....lots of sad faces when England won today. Great weather day...its actually cooler here than at home which is a relief

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Are we there yet??

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    glad that you made it safe and sound.
    tracy and cj need those naps!!!

have fun tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Yes we are. We arrived pretty early today. Our flight was uneventful and landed about 25 minutes early. We were through security in a flash and our bags were out rather quickly. We were in our cab and on the way to our hotel about 5 minutes after we were suppose to land so that was great!

We arrived at the Playa and needed to wait a few hours for our room but they locked up our stuff and we headed to the pool for a bit. We grabbed lunch at Azzuros which was just fine. We ate dinner here many, many years ago but never had lunch.

Couple of things that stand out so far. I really like the family pool...7ft deep is great! Another quick takeaway is there is not nearly enough seats for everyone here.It won't bother us but if you are not an early riser here you won't get shade all day long...at least when its sold out as it is today.

The beach repair is a non issue for the post part. They have a 60 yard section blocked off but its not an eye sore or a big issue by any means so don't worry about that if you are coming here.

Relaxing on the balcony having a quick Bacardi while the family naps...getting up at 3am is harder on them than me at this point... We are headed to Bugaloe to dine with a couple of our island friends. My view is very nice as long as I angle my chair the proper way otherwise my view is of the Holiday Inn Parking lot.

The island is jumping with world cup fever....sadly for the people of Aruba Columbia lost (choked) in penalty kicks....lots of sad faces when England won today. Great weather day...its actually cooler here than at home which is a relief
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy Bugaloe!! Glad you arrived early and all ready to be in vacation mode!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Trying to get motivated this morning, lol. Last night was a good 1st night. We made it to Bugaloe for dinner, and MANY drinks. The typical band we go to see is on vacation and they were replaced by the Travel Session band that was also quite good. After dinner I tucked the family into bed and headed out to the Hilton to play in the poker tournament they were running. I made the final table and got knocked out in 5th position which was good for ZERO dollars. After playing poker I headed over the the Hyatt to play a little blackjack with my last 100 prior to going to bed. The 100 did not last long so I was tucked into bed just after midnight.

We are happy to be checking into the Boardwalk later today for our next 10 nights. We will check out of here in a few hours and head down to the Palapa on the beach I have reserved down at the Boardwalk...just need to claim it within the next hour so we have it all day.

Couple final thoughts on the Playa....the people are really, really nice here. The AC works well and the bed was comfortable. If we stayed here again my only request would not to be anywhere near the staff closets or the elevator because it was loud in our room if you were not in the bedroom. Its a very nice spot for people to stay all things considered. Off for some breakfast.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for sharing your story

I may have missed it in another posting, but how come one night at playa Linda instead of all nights at boardwalk?
    boardwalk not available for the first night?

I am glad that you like playa Linda.
    so many many people love that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Trying to get motivated this morning, lol. Last night was a good 1st night. We made it to Bugaloe for dinner, and MANY drinks. The typical band we go to see is on vacation and they were replaced by the Travel Session band that was also quite good. After dinner I tucked the family into bed and headed out to the Hilton to play in the poker tournament they were running. I made the final table and got knocked out in 5th position which was good for ZERO dollars. After playing poker I headed over the the Hyatt to play a little blackjack with my last 100 prior to going to bed. The 100 did not last long so I was tucked into bed just after midnight.

We are happy to be checking into the Boardwalk later today for our next 10 nights. We will check out of here in a few hours and head down to the Palapa on the beach I have reserved down at the Boardwalk...just need to claim it within the next hour so we have it all day.

Couple final thoughts on the Playa....the people are really, really nice here. The AC works well and the bed was comfortable. If we stayed here again my only request would not to be anywhere near the staff closets or the elevator because it was loud in our room if you were not in the bedroom. Its a very nice spot for people to stay all things considered. Off for some breakfast.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct, the boardwalk was not available for the extra day...when I booked the flight I thought they had a spot but I was incorrect...Still glad we got to experience something new. Off to the pool after claiming our palapas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe arrival which is good. Have a great rest of your time on the island which I know you will. Nice to hear you stayed at Playa Linda. It is a good fit for us. The beach is busy but does not bother us. The employees are always very nice and helpful. Look forward to more reports.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We are now checked out of the Playa and back over at the Boardwalk for the rest of our trip. Today was a lot of fun despite having to move. We grabbed lunch at Cafe Fresh which we both really enjoy. We then relaxed at the Playa all day. We played some serious bingo which was fun! They play for big bucks over here, lol. The coverall was worth $267 and the smaller jackpots were over $135 which is pretty good for a $6 investment into some fun.

I said this trip was going to include some day drinking and today....well, wow did we drink some playing bingo, lol. The 2 for 1 specials over at the Playa made it good on the wallet though, Luigi kept the drinks flowing and he makes a great one as well!

Sadly for everyone else it rained a bit today...we were playing bingo so it did not bother us in the least. We will probably grab a quick cat nap before heading over to to the Ritz to hang out of the night. I hope the clouds clear a bit so the fireworks are nice tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Despite raining for a bit the sun has been back out for the last couple of hours and you would never know it had rained unless you sat through it, lol. Off for a nap!

Post Thanks / Like
    Don’t forget to give the slots a try this trip, especially the 88 Fortunes Machine.

0 2