This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Live trip report 10/28-11/26/19

Post Thanks / Like
    Tracey you could take the Tram to the Beach Bar. It is right after the big beach area between Divi and the Tam. The tram will let you off there.
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you arrived safely. Look forward to more. Rest up a little and relax.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Tuesday Day 2:

Got a decent night's sleep after travel day, but still felt tired. We had breakfast in the condo and then went to Body Tech Fitness Center to renew our memberships and get back to our morning exercise routine. From there we went to Ling's grocery store to grab a few things that we didn't find at Super Foods and to see how the renovation was coming along.

Ling's continues to improve their store. It looks like it's 95% completed. They're getting ready to move the take out area from behind the produce area to the other side where the wine and liquor area used to be. They were frying fresh fish in the fish and meat/fresh fish section of the store. I don't remember them offering that before, but might just have missed it. After visiting all of the larger grocery stores this trip I'd say that Super Foods currently has the best price on beer and the duty free store has the best price for Grey Goose. It's funny how pricing moves around in the market.

Went back to the condo to unload and sat poolside for a little bit. They continue to make improvements around The Pearl. Since March they've added four large palm trees around the pool area and a couple pair of outdoor speakers at the gazebos aimed towards the pool. They play some subtle background music during the day for the sun worshipers. They've also changed out a couple of the grills, as they get a lot of use from the people that stay here. The restaurant, grocery store and day spa are still in full swing. One never knows with the way things pop up and then close down on the island, so it was good to see.

We have been looking at cars online since last trip and found a new location not far from the Pizza Hut last March. It's in a recently new building across from the new IMAX movie theater that is going up. They sell imported cars from Japan and we were impressed with the condition of them. We put a deposit on one before we came down and had an afternoon appointment with them to see it first hand. It took about five minutes to say sold and we paid for the car on the spot. We feel it was a good decision, as our extended time on the island with daily car rental costs keep growing, and it'll pay for itself in a short time.

From there we went to the Beach Bar for happy hour and a sunset, where they had live entertainment during happy hour. We were still tired from travel day, so we headed back to the condo for a light dinner and called it an early night.

Observation: As most of you know and for those who don't, J.E. Irausquin Blvd along Eagle Beach is now two lanes, which takes some getting used to if you're a frequent driver like us on the island. There have also added a number/many speed bumps along the route to keep the traffic slowed down, which is a good thing, in our opinion, as people are walking across the street to get to the beach all the time. The foliage is currently very tall along the road, creating a number of intersection blind spots, so a little extra caution is needed too. Hopefully they will get to it soon and cut it back, as a lot of it is 10-12 feet high.

That's all for now...

Link to Photo Album
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/N5nFuvAcpkULQzyr7
    Last edited by schexc; 11-04-2019 at 08:29 AM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    2 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for sharing!

I am grateful for the info about the boulevard!
    When we were there in may, that whole area was a "cluster mess"

Where will the car stay when you are not on Aruba?

(I am sorry...I think that when I woke up today I am nosier than normal)
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your car purchase!!

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for taking time out of your bust day to write a trip report. Even the most mundane things like weed growth is interest to us lurkers. Thanks so much. We feel we are back in Aruba with your posts!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We get a gated parking spot at the condo, which will be a nice convenience for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    thanks for sharing!

I am grateful for the info about the boulevard!
    When we were there in may, that whole area was a "cluster mess"

Where will the car stay when you are not on Aruba?

(I am sorry...I think that when I woke up today I am nosier than normal)

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome home

1 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is terrific!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    We get a gated parking spot at the condo, which will be a nice convenience for us.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on buying the car! I know you've been looking for a long time. Thanks for the trip report! I really need it-I am sooooo missing Aruba.

1 1