This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazoo-2 September 3rd to 13th 2019.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info Mazoo. I've been through a couple island power outages that didn't last more than a few hours. We played LRC and just stayed in the pool for the most part. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip when you get the time to share.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    0 0

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well better late than never continuing the story. Got home and family obligations and some “put the fire out” at work cut in to having some time to complete this. We spent 11 days on the island and it was most enjoyable again. I left off at having dinner at Chicken and Lobster on the first Thursday, good, we will be back. Besides laying under the palaypa and doing nothing but enjoying the weather, dinners were the only thing we had to worry about. Friday I think we did nothing since we had a late lunch. Oh, and breakfasts were at Bugaloe or the Bread Basket. Saturday we were looking to go to Salt and Pepper but that was the night of the power outage so we opted for some Italian at the restaurant attached to Brickell, used to be Tomato Charlies but changed hands, pretty good and reasonable. Why they had power and Arawak village a few hundred feet away did not, that’s the grid.

Sunday we went to Chophouse, a first for us, based on recommendations from Forum members. I let them know beforehand it was our anniversary weekend and they set up a special table in the corner and included a shared desert as part of our order. Will definitely go back. Monday night, our actual anniversary (47 years) we went back to Barefoot and had an absolutely delicious meal (lobster, shrimp, scallop entrée) The manager knew how to use everyone’s cell phone to take pictures and edit out the glare with sunset in background. We had a minor problem with desert, seems a piece of the serving glass for the wife’s sorbet chipped off into the sorbet, no damage done but we let the manager know discreetly. Found out that it chipped and the piece was a perfect fit to the glass. They comped us the desert. Class place. Tuesday I did my trike tour again. Since there was only two of us and the other couple has been to the island before, they changed the tour up a little. We headed out to Baby Beach via downtown and ZeerOver and downtown San Nicholas, then back roads to Mango Halto to the Rock formations and done. Nice Change.
    Wednesday we did Salt and Pepper and Thursday Smokey Joes. Rented a car for Sunday and Monday and did some shopping downtown. Wife added a bracelet to her collection and I went with my first gold treasure ship coin. The parking downtown was confusing. Seems the white lined spaces are “public” and require payment, the yellow striped spaces are for “workers, etc” and are supposed to have permits. Someone said there is a lawsuit going on about the white versus yellow and paying for parking, so they discontinued the white space fees. Not wanting to take a chance finally found a vacant white space by a meter, but there was no space number assigned. It took us a good part of an hour to find a space within reasonable walking distance.

On the beach read a few kindle books. Steve Berry’s “Bishops Pawn”; Baldacci’s “One Good Deed” and Brad Thor’s “Spymaster”.

Since we never flew out on a Friday, Hubert picked us up at 11 for a 2:30 flight. United check in was a breeze (Business Class) and Aruba passport control was also simple. Just inserted passport into machine and done. Security was a different story, I never get through with my knee, pulled out of line and the did not wand me, they wiped me down checking for explosives. Since we have Global access the machines had no line, but the hall was about ¾ full. We did not have to scan our passports only look at camera and take a picture. All facial recognition, the printed form that came out had our name, passport number flight, etc on it. Same old for US Security, wiped down for explosives. When we got to the gate it was full. The people for the earlier flight to Newark were still there and there was no plane at the gate, guess it was running late. When they boarded it was back to normal. We left on time and arrived a little bit early. Bags even came out fairly quickly and that’s saying something for Newark.

Mazoo-2 September 3rd to 13th 2019.-dsc02233-jpgMazoo-2 September 3rd to 13th 2019.-img_20190908_201156902-jpg
    Last edited by MAZOO-2; 10-02-2019 at 05:24 PM.
    0 1

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    More Pics
    Attachment 7932
    Having trouble with rest let me resize and try again later.
    1 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh I so want to be brave enough to try the trykes!!

thanks for the wrap up of your trip report.

so, that anniversary dessert........you had to share it?
    it appeared to be just a smidgen of nothing...but pretty.
    0 0