This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike and Jen 12/8 - 12/16

Post Thanks / Like
    soo happy again reading all the reports.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Hi! Sorry to leave you hanging... wifi is a little weak in our room at la cabana... i will do my best, typing on my phone with the glare by the pool.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I always seem to pick the wrong link on the ticker and get a photo instead of live count down...

The flight from Atlanta to Aruba was smooth and quick ...3.5 hours tail wind got in early.
    The entertainment system was on the fritz. So, i read instead of watching movies.
    Immigration was speedy. The line at the passport scanners was a little long, but we were waived over to the manned stations.
    Got a stamp on our passports for the first time in a long time. There is something about the stamp that is a cheap thrill.
    Checked luggage for the first time in 10 years, because the couple that is traveling with us was horrified by the prospect of carry on only.
    Our bags were already on the carousel as we walked up.
    Headed out and Hubert was already there waiting for us. What a delight!!
    Took the new road to La cabana. Very nice - arrived in record time.

Checked in and up to our rooms without delay. Dropped our bags and walked over to Super Food for liquor and a few groceries.
    Missed happy hour at Pata Pata, so we headed down to the beach for sunset ordered a pizza from Sbarro and went up to the room for dinner and libations.
    Unpacked and in bed by 930p... as i have a nasty habit of not being able to sleep the night before travel.

So far the theme of this trip seems to be perfect timing yay.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, your taste in music is outstanding we are at table 44 if you are around today.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    We r at Surfside beach ( Reflexions) today but will be at # 77 poolside tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen Doe View Post
    Andrea, your taste in music is outstanding we are at table 44 if you are around today.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for taking the time to look us up at the pool Andrea! It was a treat to see your smiling face :0)
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jen Doe View Post
    I always seem to pick the wrong link on the ticker and get a photo instead of live count down...

The flight from Atlanta to Aruba was smooth and quick ...3.5 hours tail wind got in early.
    The entertainment system was on the fritz. So, i read instead of watching movies.
    Immigration was speedy. The line at the passport scanners was a little long, but we were waived over to the manned stations.
    Got a stamp on our passports for the first time in a long time. There is something about the stamp that is a cheap thrill.
    Checked luggage for the first time in 10 years, because the couple that is traveling with us was horrified by the prospect of carry on only.
    Our bags were already on the carousel as we walked up.
    Headed out and Hubert was already there waiting for us. What a delight!!
    Took the new road to La cabana. Very nice - arrived in record time.

Checked in and up to our rooms without delay. Dropped our bags and walked over to Super Food for liquor and a few groceries.
    Missed happy hour at Pata Pata, so we headed down to the beach for sunset ordered a pizza from Sbarro and went up to the room for dinner and libations.
    Unpacked and in bed by 930p... as i have a nasty habit of not being able to sleep the night before travel.

So far the theme of this trip seems to be perfect timing yay.
    I miss getting the stamps. I no longer know how many trips we’ve taken as I used to just count the stamps!! Have you poked around the gift shop, Purely Aruban Art, yet? I love that little shop. Even though we don’t stay at LaCabana, I always like to make a stop to poke in the gift shop and maybe a brief stop at the Glitz!|

Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for taking the time to write a report.

Post Thanks / Like
    Monday 12/9 First full day... super chill.
    DH scored us a table by the pool around 8a (there were many to choose from - I love low season travel.)
    The other 3 of us wandered down closer to 930a... recovering from our travel sleep debt.

The conversation and rum so far this trip have been pleasant and plentiful. (Thus, I am way behind on my vacation binge reading.)
    Spent the day lounging with the occasional dip in the pool. Brought down some sandwiches from the room for brunch. We need to get back to the grocery store for more supplies.
    Andrea found us just before we were about to get cleaned up for the rum tasting yay!
    The rum tasting was festive, 33 selections, up from the 25 when we did it a couple years ago.
    We ordered 4 bottles: pineapple + coconut; white chocolate + raspberry; vanilla; cherry
    They were delivered to the front desk …bubble wrapped so we can put them in our checked bags, should we fail to empty them. I am going to need to pick up the pace ;0)
    We walked over to the Fofoti trees for sunset, then headed to Mangoes in the hope they still had deep fried cheesecake on the menu.
    Alas they do not, but our waiter asked the chef if he could make it for us if we came back later in the week, AND HE SAID YES!! We will be back on Wednesday :0)
    I had the veggie crepes, chicken alfredo, and cheesecake. DH had the French theme special (onion soup, tenderloin, and creme brule.) Our friends had the pecan crusted grouper and seafood linguini. All delicious, we groaned with fullness on the walk back. For the record our friends are thin and fit, we are not ;0)
    Changed back into our bathing suits and spent the remainder of the evening alternating between the hot tub and cooling off in the pool. Met some lovely folks from Texas and Rhode Island.
    Finally got a Brown Lady at the 10p Pata Pata happy hour and then called it a night.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Peg,
    I poke around in there every year and usually score at least one treasure. There is a particular painting in there this week that I find very cheerful, so I will likely make it mine tomorrow :0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I miss getting the stamps. I no longer know how many trips we’ve taken as I used to just count the stamps!! Have you poked around the gift shop, Purely Aruban Art, yet? I love that little shop. Even though we don’t stay at LaCabana, I always like to make a stop to poke in the gift shop and maybe a brief stop at the Glitz!|

Have fun!
    0 0