This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mini Trip 5/24-5/27

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    safe travels today Bri.
    your trip raced by but I am glad that you did get to enjoy your getaway.

again, thanks for sharing your vacation with us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Yesterday was essentially the same. I hung out on the beach for quite a while, came back to the room for a snack and to figure out where I wanted to have dinner. I went back to palm beach to do some browsing and a little shopping. Started to lean towards Tango for dinner, the menu looked good, but decided to head down to Tulip instead. It was a late dinner but it was pretty quiet with a few tables occupied. I had the french soup and curry Caribbean shrimp, it was very good. The resorts were dead quiet by the time I got back. Hung out on the balcony and called it a night.

I wish I had more to report but that’s really it. Even though it was a short trip, it was just what I needed this weekend.

When I checked in online for my flight yesterday, they were offering vouchers for people to take later flights on Tuesday and Wednesday...it took everything in me to decline. Oh well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing. You are much more in control than me I would have jumped at the chance for the vouchers....I so wish Jetblue overbooked flights but they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Yesterday was essentially the same. I hung out on the beach for quite a while, came back to the room for a snack and to figurJet e out where I wanted to have dinner. I went back to palm beach to do some browsing and a little shopping. Started to lean towards Tango for dinner, the menu looked good, but decided to head down to Tulip instead. It was a late dinner but it was pretty quiet with a few tables occupied. I had the french soup and curry Caribbean shrimp, it was very good. The resorts were dead quiet by the time I got back. Hung out on the balcony and called it a night.

I wish I had more to report but that’s really it. Even though it was a short trip, it was just what I needed this weekend.

When I checked in online for my flight yesterday, they were offering vouchers for people to take later flights on Tuesday and Wednesday...it took everything in me to decline. Oh well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that would have been tempting vouchers but I know you had to get back to work. Glad you got some rest and thanks for posting. Safe Travels..

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe travels home,Bri! Enjoyed your reports!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for reporting. I hope your trip home was an easy one.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad you got the relaxing weekend you needed. Do you think you would you do another quick trip again?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely, the 3 and half days is fine for me on a holiday weekend. It’s a nice little break and I’m not worried about missing work since most people take off anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    So glad you got the relaxing weekend you needed. Do you think you would you do another quick trip again?

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting through the airport was faster than expected. The United check in/ bag drop lines were empty but I only had a carry on, so no need to use it. I used the kiosk to print my boarding pass. The Jetblue line was LONG. American had quite a line as well. I got to the airport a little before 11. With a quick stop at duty free, I was at the gate area in about an hour. 3 customs agents, including one for global entry. The line moved fast enough, as it wasn’t crowded.

I rented from Wheels 2 Go for the first time and had a great experience. I had a Kia economy car, which was very good on gas. I’d definitely rent from them again. The communication was great from the reservation stage throughout the end.
    Last edited by Bri; 05-28-2019 at 07:40 PM.

1 3

Post Thanks / Like
    We have used Wheels2go now for a number of concurrent trips. Anky and Ricky are first class and put customer service first. They have a Number of economy cars. We try to reserve the Nissan March.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for sharing your trip report. Even for a quick trip like yours, it brings me joy to read about what people are doing on the island.
    0 1