This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh no... more? It's Phrogg's trip number four! - Oct 22 - Nov 3

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually stop by West Deck on our way in since we get to Aruba before our room is ready, and sometimes on our way out. We like everything about the place.
    I want to grow my own food, but I can't find any bacon seeds...
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Don't you meam "weirdo is in the eye of the BEER holder..." haaaaaa.

Not sure where dinner will be just yet. We're currently at Malmok to watch the sunset and the wind is coming in strong from the West (the Malmok/Arashi side) at the moment, so the waves are insane on this side of the island right now. I'll post some pics to my Google album once I have wifi. I'd hate to be out on a Black Pearl snorkel trip right now! I don't think they would even be able to go out in this. It's nuts!
    Just getting caught up on here - your pics are amazing, love, love, love the owls and the sunset - thank you for taking us along - I still feel I'm there through your posts and pics! Glad you are feeling better!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We usually stop by West Deck on our way in since we get to Aruba before our room is ready, and sometimes on our way out. We like everything about the place.
    We ended up going for lunch today and it was wonderful! It's now been added to our Places To Go When In Aruba!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Dinner at Azzuro Sunday night was decent. It's owned by the Giannis Group, so same food as Giannis. We got the flaming cheese wheel of pasta, as hubs calls it. The pasta and sauce and cheese were good. The sausage and shrimp add ons were meh. Not a lot of flavor. The desserts were good though! Hubs got the brownies and I got Hawaiian Gelato which was super dark chocolate with coconut shreds in it. It was practically black, the chocolate was so dark. Kinda weird to look at but tasted amazing. I also had a chocolate martini because chocolate. The sunset that evening was beautiful. Lots of pinks and purples.

Yesterday was a "bit of a Monday" even here in Aruba. Everything we tried to do was just a little off all day. Breakfast at Bugaloe was ok, but it was rather cloudy so the water wasn't as pretty, the music was super chill to the point of almost depressing and there was a rather loud, obnoxious American tourist hanging around the bar for just a little too long. We left there, drove to Mangel Halto for some snorkeling but couldn't see much of anything underwater because it was all churned up. Decided to pack it in and head to Boca Catalina instead. There are tons of rocks, shells, corals, etc washed up now so getting in and out was a bit tricky. Water also all churned up there so we couldn't see much of anything there either. I did find a cool piece of sea glass as I was hauling myself up out of the water. We decided to hit up Arashi and hang there for a bit. All good until the power went out and they went around telling everyone we had to pay in cash. Unortunately, I did not have enough cash so we had to wait for the power to come back to pay. Oops. Power came back after about 30 minutes. I guess if we had to sit somewhere without power, that was not a terrible place to be! We paid, left, came back to the Airbnb for a little while and hubs took a nap. I paddled around the pool. Went to Fireson for dinner because I wanted a burger and we come to find out they were out of burgers AND the two beers I was planning to have. So, we settled for other options and then left. Went across to the mall area so hubs could get some ice cream. We walked through there for a few, got accosted for the second time by the "you could win a prize and help me earn money if you take this card" folks who act super offended when you tell them no thanks. The first one was outside Bugaloe in the morning. That stuff drives me nuts. Same goes for the people outside Salt n Pepper who try to give away free samples of whatever insanely overpriced skin cream. I digress. Came back to the Airbnb to find a bunch of little bugs crawling all over a couple pop cans we had on the counter so we spent the evening cleaning. A total Monday all the way around.

We have today and tomorrow as our last two full days here and then head home on Thursday. Not sure yet what we will do but it will probably involve breakfasts somewhwere, Boca Catalina, Arashi, pool at Airbnb, dinner somewhere we haven't been yet this trip and Balashi consumption (duh), rinse, repeat.
    Last edited by phrogg108; 11-01-2022 at 09:18 AM.
    0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow, that was a "monday" absolutely.
    those kind of Mondays in Aruba are unusual.
    sometimes, going back to bed for an hr or 2 and then starting over helps.

that dark chocolate gelato photo ...i never would have guessed gelato.

...........and now it is Tuesday!
    enjoy your adventures today
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    wow, that was a "monday" absolutely.
    those kind of Mondays in Aruba are unusual.
    sometimes, going back to bed for an hr or 2 and then starting over helps.

that dark chocolate gelato photo ...i never would have guessed gelato.

...........and now it is Tuesday!
    enjoy your adventures today
    It was definitely an off day. Thankfully, it has been the only day like that and we have two more to make up for it!

Right? The Gelato was definitely a strange, almost unappetizing, color. The server said the same thing when she set it down "I know it looks really weird. But trust me, you'll love it!" LOL. I was hoping the picture did it justice!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    That was definitely not a typical Monday Monday in Aruba. You are lucky that you know all that was not the norm for Monday in Aruba.
    I watched Hyro on utube doing a walk around a couple of days ago and he kept saying this is not what we usually see here on this walk.
    The waves in the Malmok area and the churned up water made a cloudy sandy view of the beautiful sea in Boca and Arashi . Not snorkel worthy.
    It happens, but the people that are visiting for the first time might miss out on the true beauty of the crystal clear calm beautiful blue
    sea we always brag about. Sure hope they get to see it before they leave.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to grow my own food, but I can't find any bacon seeds...
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Loving your pics! Thanks for taking us along - today will be a better day I'm sure, have fun girl!

Post Thanks / Like
    Today ended up being a super fun day! We took our time heading out this morning. Skipped breakfast and everything. I know, the horror!! But, we decided to go to Frenchman's Pass and Spanish Lagoon and saw the Balashi goldmine ruins. It was super cool! I posted some pictures in my Google album. After that, we went to the Wendy's by the new roundabout for lunch. Hubs has been wondering every trip we've taken here why Wendy's is so popular here. We have it at home, of course, but it's never as busy as the ones here. So, we decided to try it out. It's exactly the same as at home but with some local options not available in the US. And that completed our trip to Wendy's. Lol. We came back to the Airbnb and he watched more cricket while I swam a bit. He's a cricket fiend now. What the heck?? I finally made him turn it off and we went for another drive. Ended up by the Moomba area and decided on Nos Clubhuis for happy hour drinks and some appetizers. That was fun! Sat there until after sunset then decided we wanted dessert somewhere. We saw Cafe Bingo on our way back to the Airbnb and decided to stop since we've never been. It was outstanding! I had an espresso martini and then a butterscotch martini, along with the apple cobbler a la mode with cinnamon ice cream. I want to bathe in the crumble that was on that cobbler!! Hubs got another appetizer and then the cream puffs. We decided we liked it so much that we are going to have dinner there tomorrow night. It will be our last night here and also happens to be hubs' birthday tomorrow, so why not?! Lucky duck gets to spend it in Aruba every year! Anyway, was a great day and more than made up for yesterday's weirdness. One more full day and then we start the packing for home tomorrow night. *sigh*
    0 3