This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ongoing trip report - January 29 through February 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy your last full day. Don’t try to fit too much in you can always have it to look forward to on your next trip! Safe travels tomorrow and thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Your last full day, man it goes by quickly. As Peg said, don't try to fit too much in today, relaxation should be your plan. There is always next time to visit more places. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad you had a great time. The butterfly farm is really lovely. Those blue ones were my favorite too, but they didn't stay still long enough for a good picture.

I hope you have a safe trip home and return to Aruba in the future.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

I am bummed that today is your last full day!
    i enjoyed every word.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got done reading your trip report and also checked out your pictures on instagram! Great pics! Makes me super excited for our trip in March! I, too, loved the butterfly farm. So fascinating to see all of the different kinds! I took some notes from your reports so we can try some new things when we get there.

Fun fact! there are (at least) three Andrea's here! I am also an Andrea and there is our fearless leader: Andrea J. Hooray for Andrea's!!
    Last edited by phrogg108; 02-04-2020 at 01:45 PM.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with everyone else, don't over plan your last day. Relax and savor for the last time (this trip) the beauty of Aruba, Eagle Beach and the water. I spent a week on my own in Aruba last August and it was the most amazing vacation I have ever taken (no one to answer to but myself!) so I appreciate your feelings on that (sorry about the unfortunate experience with your travel companion; I had a similar experience myself in 2016; hence, solo Aruba trips from now on!). Have really enjoyed your trip reports, Andrea. And just because your vacation will be over soon, don't stop posting! :-)

1 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a safe trip home and I so enjoyed your story. A great story teller. I have trouble writing two sentences. Hope you will visit again.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for the kind and encouraging words - and excellent advice!
    Last edited by ideastowords; 02-04-2020 at 10:42 PM.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, did you book again?
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for the kind and encouraging words - and excellent advice! And here's to the Andrea's And future trips. (Thank you for empathizing with my situation, Lisa.)

I took your advice and kept it *very* low key today. My excitement was going to Super Foods where I purchased six tubes of curry ketchup (thank you again for that idea, Andrea) and many pre-packaged sweet treats, so kitty sitters and office mates should be set! (Getting everything into my luggage was a real adventure tonight, though, lemme tell you!) For breakfast and lunch I treated myself to two slices of the layered cakes they have on display (geeesh...why didn't I get a photo?) and they were spectacular.

Then I grabbed my sit-n-float and relaxed in the pool and then relaxed on the beach...and then the pool and read in the sun and it was pretty much the perfect lazy day.

This evening I started to get ravenous, as two pieces of cake in the course of a day probably isn't the most nourishing diet (even if a delicious one). I decided to stay in the neighborhood and stroll down to Chalet Suisse. Walking through the doors was like stepping back into 1981, from the decor to the food selection. The dining experience was pretty sub-par. Noisy, crowded, slow and inattentive. I had an appetizer that reminded me of chicken a'la king from 1975. However, the main course of grouper medallions was excellent. They gave me the wrong bill, but there was only a $1 difference so I didn't worry about it, but watch your bills there. Even though it was my least-favorite place to visit, it was packed on a Tuesday night, so they obviously are doing something right.

Once my feet hit the ground in Minneapolis at midnight tomorrow (looooong travel day), I have to start dieting with a vengeance. I follow the Code Red diet (google that) because it's the only one where I've been able to lose weight. Essentially no sugar, no processed foods, no fruit except berries, no cheese, a gallon of water every day, and seven to eight hours sleep a night. I am hoping this kick starts my deflation process

Cannot believe that in about 36 hours, I will be back plugging away in front of my computer in downtown Minneapolis, God willing. But even though I am not looking forward to the cold and the fire-drills that will be awaiting me at work, I am REALLY looking forward to seeing my precious kitties again.

Oh, that reminds me - I love all the lizards! They are sort of the Caribbean version of squirrels, I decided - my cats would be endlessly amused.

Thank you again for your kind words and encouragement. I think Aruba is going to be an annual or biennial escape, especially now that I know the lay of the land a bit. I love the friendliness of the people, my resort, the dining options, and especially the weather.
    1 4