This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our covid trip

Post Thanks / Like

Our covid trip

We flew in from Nashville yesterday and experienced a few surprises. We departed at 5:30 AM so the airport wasn't busy at all. We first flew to Charlotte and were shocked by the number of people in the airport. It looked like a pre-covid mob in the airport, except everyone was wearing a mask. There were twenty people in line at the Starbucks and the other food establishments were busy as well. As we waited we could only find seats with people on either side of us. The flight to Aruba went smoothly. The plane wasn't very full. I had a window seat and my SO had the aisle, with no one in between. I was also surprised by the testing setup at the airport. They checked our forms, but they didn't explain the sequence of baggage retrieval, customs, and testing. We both tested negative and first received our negative results on the app about 13 hours after testing. The email arrived a few hours later. We're very glad to be here and can now become accustomed to more pleasant experiences.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since this appears to be a trip report I have moved to MY ARUBA STORY.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back!

Charlotte is always busy. It is a huge hub for airlines, especially American. We flew through there a few times, however; once we left the airport to visit friends before continuing on the next day. The baggage claim area and ticketing and check in is very small compared to the number of terminals and gates.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think it better to test at the airport or before I go because its not easy?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    test B4
    no matter how inconvenient, please try.

If you test positive in Aruba, you will be isolated and your vacation is gone.
    If you test positive in Aruba, you will have been positive on the plane and airport.
    If you choose to test in Aruba, you will go from the airport to your resort or rented home/condo/apartment til test results are released and not allowed to move around freely.

If it is not easy as you say.............take the VAULT test.

Quote Originally Posted by crystal View Post
    Do you think it better to test at the airport or before I go because its not easy?
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We departed out of Chicago Ohare and hardly saw anyone, and connecting through Charlotte we were going to pick up a snack bit changed our mind due to the restaurants and stores were crazy busy. We only had to walk two sections over and stayed away from the other travers and boarded quickly.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    test B4
    no matter how inconvenient, please try.

If you test positive in Aruba, you will be isolated and your vacation is gone.
    If you test positive in Aruba, you will have been positive on the plane and airport.
    If you choose to test in Aruba, you will go from the airport to your resort or rented home/condo/apartment til test results are released and not allowed to move around freely.

If it is not easy as you say.............take the VAULT test.
    I agree that most people should test before they go, if they have a one week or even a one month vacation. We are staying for two months, so we opted for the test at the airport instead. We thought that if by some chance one of us tested positive in the US, we would have to quarantine at home in the winter for at least two weeks. We were symptom free so the airport test was better for us. We would rather quarantine here than at home.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be honest (sorry) but this seems selfish if you had another option. Just because you can stay for 2 months does not make it okay not to test because you are not symptomatic. Did you know that 65 % of people who get Covid got it from someone who was asymptomatic? Sorry but this really bothers me. I know its not required but your reasoning seems selfish, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohair View Post
    I agree that most people should test before they go, if they have a one week or even a one month vacation. We are staying for two months, so we opted for the test at the airport instead. We thought that if by some chance one of us tested positive in the US, we would have to quarantine at home in the winter for at least two weeks. We were symptom free so the airport test was better for us. We would rather quarantine here than at home.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 01-09-2021 at 06:27 PM.
    Trip 32 begins on June 5.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Aruba4 ever!!! We decided to come to Aruba knowing this year would be so different, no bars, and less restaurants. We took 2 tests before leaving to ensure we were negative. We would have liked to know everyone chose to test before being in contact with others.
    2 3

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have a wonderful trip and enjoy the island!

0 1