This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our covid trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I will be honest (sorry) but this seems selfish if you had another option. Just because you can stay for 2 months does not make it okay not to test because you are not symptomatic. Did you know that 65 % of people who get Covid got it from someone who was asymptomatic? Sorry but this really bothers me. I know its not required but your reasoning seems selfish, sorry.
    There is no reason to be sorry. I respect your point of view. I should have added more context to my account. My wife and I have been isolated from all but a few family members. None of them has had covid, nor have they been in contact with anyone who has. I will also admit that it is selfish. I was looking out for my wife and me. But I will also stipulate that I was not putting others in danger given our history.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think your actions were selfish. We tested at the airport in Aruba on arrival. I had no idea we were being selfish by not testing beforehand.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    if my memory serves........you did not have good testing options in your area at the time, you had Thanksgiving interference, plus you had just come back from a business related trip a few days earlier. I do not think anyone thinks you selfish.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    I don't think your actions were selfish. We tested at the airport in Aruba on arrival. I had no idea we were being selfish by not testing beforehand.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Update- we can all do as we see fit not really looking to add tension we all have these days. We all make choices daily and we don't need to agree. Moving on. I do understand Mohairs point. Bon dia.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 01-10-2021 at 04:49 PM.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Closing thread
    If the original poster wants to begin a trip report it goes in My Aruba Story
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 3