This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Virtual Vacation Together

Post Thanks / Like

Our Virtual Vacation Together

Okay, indulge me on this one, gang!

Glenn’s post about his trip to Hawaii gave me an idea for a hopefully fun new “virtual” thread, and Andrea blessed the idea. Let me know what you think and if any interest, I’ll get it started. So here’s the premise:

After lots of coordinating and planning, many of us have finally managed to plan trips to Aruba at the same time, and we’ve decided to call it ARUBACON! While they are individual vacations, there are a few joint get-togethers and events so we can all finally meet each other in person. Of course, there are quite a few who already do get together regularly when there and have formed great friendships. Now we want to widen the circle.

I envision this virtual trip as following the path of the current imaginary trip with the MIL from hell (I suspect she's going to turn up again), but instead incorporating where you like to stay, activities you love, restaurants you frequent, etc.; include whatever you love about Aruba but take us all along for the ride!

It may work or be an epic fail and if no one is interested, there will be no hurt feelings on my part. But I figured what the heck? Since none of us can go to Aruba right now, and we’re all suffering cabin fever, let’s go on vacation together in spirit and at the same time promote everything we love about the Happy Island. Thoughts or do you think I’m nuts (Glenn, no comment on that one is needed from you, buddy! LOL!). I’m hoping that perhaps this will also get some of you who are too shy to post or not very often share your experiences with us via our virtual trip.

0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like fun!

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great
    How do we begin?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Okay, indulge me on this one, gang!

Glenn’s post about his trip to Hawaii gave me an idea for a hopefully fun new “virtual” thread, and Andrea blessed the idea. Let me know what you think and if any interest, I’ll get it started. So here’s the premise:

After lots of coordinating and planning, many of us have finally managed to plan trips to Aruba at the same time, and we’ve decided to call it ARUBACON! While they are individual vacations, there are a few joint get-togethers and events so we can all finally meet each other in person. Of course, there are quite a few who already do get together regularly when there and have formed great friendships. Now we want to widen the circle.

I envision this virtual trip as following the path of the current imaginary trip with the MIL from hell (I suspect she's going to turn up again), but instead incorporating where you like to stay, activities you love, restaurants you frequent, etc.; include whatever you love about Aruba but take us all along for the ride!

It may work or be an epic fail and if no one is interested, there will be no hurt feelings on my part. But I figured what the heck? Since none of us can go to Aruba right now, and we’re all suffering cabin fever, let’s go on vacation together in spirit and at the same time promote everything we love about the Happy Island. Thoughts or do you think I’m nuts (Glenn, no comment on that one is needed from you, buddy! LOL!). I’m hoping that perhaps this will also get some of you who are too shy to post or not very often share your experiences with us via our virtual trip.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m sitting at the gate waiting to board. Have we all agreed on our initial happy hour? I was thinking La Cabana or maybe Lucy’s...

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    LaCabana has an awesome happy hour as does Lucy's.
    Paul and I head will arrive tomorrow by 1 pm.
    We will be at LaCabana and looking forward to "Arubacon"
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I just made my virtual reservation and can't wait for the trip.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I vote for Lucy’s and challenge you all to do the scorpion shot!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Our Virtual Vacation Together-09121aa3-8971-42bf-9d91-07503c7ae517-jpeg  

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy you to see some of you don't think i'm completely nuts! I have to get to work so will put down something short and let you go ahead and get our vacation started!

I can't believe we've actually pulled this together! Now that Aruba has reopened, and the pandemic is under control, we all need some time at the beach and to help our favorite island get back on its' feet. I'm so excited to finally be meeting Andrea, Walt, Peg, CJ, Glenn, Robin, and so many others along with their spouses. I've decided to bring along my best friend and cousin, Priscilla. She's never been to Aruba and lost her husband of 35 years last year, so it will also be a good bonding time for us. Hope she doesn't end up thinking we're a bunch of wackos...oh well, her issue if she does-because I suspect we are!

My friend Dan is about to pick us up to take us down to JFK for our 8:30am flight to Aruba. We should be at Manchebo and Eagle Beach by 3pm! Woo hoo!
    Not sure what time Peg, Tom, Chuck and his lady (darn, why can I never remember her name?) since they are also staying at Manchebo. Not sure if anyone else is as well. Guess I'll just look for a handsome dude sitting at Pega Pega with a Bright in his hand. No doubt who that will be!

Here's Dan now...come on, P, let's get this party started...off on the trip of a lifetime. Wonder who will be the first to arrive on Aruba...

0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lisa, Andrea, Robin, Walt, CP, Bri, Peg, DutchDushi and everyone else,

This is a great idea Lisa. And no, you are not nuts, just a fun-loving individual and a good friend. And your sense of humour is as warped as mine. You are my peer in haha.

I'm a CPA (That part is irrelevant) with a wild imagination. I've even bought a new pair of tinted, wrap-around sunglasses for this virtual trip. Yes, along with my other wonderful qualities, I'm shallow! And yes, Donna knows what and who I'm looking at when I wear them. You'd think I'd have learned by now.

Ready when you are. We are in the departure lounge in Toronto, waiting to board our flight to Aruba. Ok Lisa buddy, get us started!

Glenn
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom and I are arriving on Tuesday. We’re also staying at the Manchebo so it will be a PARTY! I love to arrive on Tuesdays because the Manchebo has their manager’s cocktail hour on Tuesday. There are always a few artisans selling their wares. I’m looking forward to getting 2 more of the Open Door shadow boxes so I can have a piece of Aruba at home. Of course, Magaly makes some interesting cocktails! We’ll be relaxed in no time!

0 0