This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 166

Thread: Paul/Andrea May Trip 2019

  1. #101
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35,010
    Post Thanks / Like

    May 9

    Thur May 9

    Today was a slow day for us.
    I got a ton of sun yesterday and my lips got fried
    I totally forgot my coppertone lip block yesterday.
    Last night and today I was in agony.

    We finally made it to Eagle Beach at around 11.
    We brought our chairs, found an empty palapa and hopped into the water and there we stayed for 2+ hours.
    Back to Sunset Studios for some pool and shade time with a little bit of an afternoon nap.

    Dinner was a picnic of sandwiches, honeydew and reisling……..watching the sunset across the street from where we are staying.

    We headed down to the Alhambra where we played for an hour and left with a few dollars more than what we started with. We take any kind of a win.

    Seriously, May is a wonderful time to be in Aruba.
    The winds are strong, the sun is plentiful and it is pretty quiet!

    Tomorrow we’ll spend some time with Pam and Walt in the afternoon and then dinner with Peg and Tom.

    Goodnight.
    0 4
     

  2. #102
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    5,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    The sun seems even stronger than usual if that’s possible! Sorry about the burn!! My issue is under my eyes, where normally I have dark circles it’s now all puffy. I used sunblock so I suppose it could have been worse. Sunglasses for today though.

    Looking forward to dinner. Hope they still have white asparagus. I didn’t see the ad in their website that was there earlier.

  3. #103
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    1,766
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Thur May 9

    Today was a slow day for us.
    I got a ton of sun yesterday and my lips got fried
    I totally forgot my coppertone lip block yesterday.
    Last night and today I was in agony.

    We finally made it to Eagle Beach at around 11.
    We brought our chairs, found an empty palapa and hopped into the water and there we stayed for 2+ hours.
    Back to Sunset Studios for some pool and shade time with a little bit of an afternoon nap.

    Dinner was a picnic of sandwiches, honeydew and reisling……..watching the sunset across the street from where we are staying.

    We headed down to the Alhambra where we played for an hour and left with a few dollars more than what we started with. We take any kind of a win.

    Seriously, May is a wonderful time to be in Aruba.
    The winds are strong, the sun is plentiful and it is pretty quiet!

    Tomorrow we’ll spend some time with Pam and Walt in the afternoon and then dinner with Peg and Tom.

    Goodnight.
    Fried lips are the worst. A lot of people do forget to protect their lips. I usually forget the lip balm myself and ended up putting sunscreen on it. I agree May is my favorite!





    0 0
     

  4. #104
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35,010
    Post Thanks / Like
    wet tea bags will help under the eyes!!

    we saw asparagus in the Superfood yesterday.
    EXPENSIVE!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    The sun seems even stronger than usual if that’s possible! Sorry about the burn!! My issue is under my eyes, where normally I have dark circles it’s now all puffy. I used sunblock so I suppose it could have been worse. Sunglasses for today though.

    Looking forward to dinner. Hope they still have white asparagus. I didn’t see the ad in their website that was there earlier.
    0 1
     

  5. #105
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    5,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, thank you, I did the wet teabag thing then applied Murads eye renewing cream. I’ve always had dark circles but when I get a tan there not as noticeable that is until I get a little burn and they puff out. (Sigh)

  6. #106
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Yes, thank you, I did the wet teabag thing then applied Murads eye renewing cream. I’ve always had dark circles but when I get a tan there not as noticeable that is until I get a little burn and they puff out. (Sigh)
    Natural beauty seems to take a bit of effort....!
    0 3
     

  7. #107
    Senior Member Sue M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,314
    Post Thanks / Like
    The sun is very sneaky. Hope you feel better. Have a wonderful time this evening. Where are you having dinner?
    0 0
     

  8. #108
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    5,652
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Natural beauty seems to take a bit of effort....!
    Love your humor!!!

  9. #109
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    2,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Aruba Aloe After Sun is really very good on sunburns, but I don't know what I'd do about the lips. Maybe you can treat it like chapped lips with some vaseline.

  10. #110
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35,010
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks!
    I had been trying chapstick and lipstick and I have a small thing of vaseline I just tried thanks to your advice!

    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    The Aruba Aloe After Sun is really very good on sunburns, but I don't know what I'd do about the lips. Maybe you can treat it like chapped lips with some vaseline.
    0 0
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •