This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul and Andrea's Covid Escape Nov 23-Dec 10

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the snowman! Glad your testing went smoothly. I wondered if you would run into issues getting an appointment etc. Here in Massachusetts people are waiting hours in line, in some cases to get their tests. To me, that would be the stressful part. While you’re on the beach in the Aruba you’ll have plenty of time to relax and figure out a plan to meet up with your son and family at a later date. Maybe a Christmas in July would be fun to plan?!

Hope you’re vacation plans for Lily have worked out. That’s going to be our biggest challenge when we’re able to travel. Maddy’s pet resort has gone out of business, a victim of the pandemic.

So, get packing and safe travels!!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the good wishes all

the friend and pets story........ the end result is that she is not coming and we have found a good pet resort (cage free kennel)
    our next-door neighbor began doing some work to her house and it was determined that her house was over run with termites or some type of destructive bugs.
    (she just bought this house and has been pouring $$$ into it non stop)
    up til just recently the plan was that the house would be tented and the bugs would be killed by the poison they pump in.
    due to the close proximity of our home and hers 20' from her kitchen window to mine, it was thought that our house should be "evacuated" for a few days. (even though we are bug free)
    the neighbor and exterminator decided the work would be done on Dec 3 and ready to be occupied on Dec 7 or 8. our home would also be evacuated, including pets.

so............the story gets longer
    I cancelled our friend. and we found a pet resort (brought the dog there a few times for practice runs and she is NOT doing the weird noise reverse sneeze) to take all of the animals for the full duration that we'd be away and the house would be vacant and animals safe.

our neighbor, unbeknownst to us got a couple of other opinions from exterminators and decided not to go the tenting route.
    she told us 2 weeks ago.
    at that point, our friend had made other plans to go to Delaware.

so Lily will go to the pet resort, the cats will stay home and another friend who lives nearby will come inn and make sure they are ok and will scoop litter, and feed/water.

this bs has been MOST annoying and stressful.

lisa...glad you asked? clear as mud right?

really truly, this has been stressful and has been pissing us off lots.

paul said to me last night when I was stressing and talking about next door bug, he told me to let it go and not speak of it again and be grateful that we did not have the bugs here.

so I am letting it go and de-stressing!

off to bank and nails.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a great trip!
    June 8th - can't get here quick enough!

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! The lengths we go to for our beloved four-legged children! That's quite a saga, Andrea. Well, Lily will have playmates, the cats will have the whole place to themselves (which I have no doubt they will be happy about-get those pesky humans and weird little furball will be out of their domain! LOL!).

You're almost there...rum & pineapple...rum & pineapple....
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I would so love to turn into the inebriated ocd anxiety riddled beach bum.

If I can do it, so can you!! I have faith in you!! Hahaha!!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, what a saga with the pets and the neighbor. I'm glad its all behind you now.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, so all of you pending travelers have been tested and are waiting for that coveted green check mark? The suitcases, while perhaps still empty (which simply pauses the beating of my OCD heart; I will refrain from asking if you are packed yet!), have been pulled from the depths of your closets? Pet care lined up? Passports pulled and valid? Cash withdrawn? Credit card limits increased (just in case something sparkly catches anyone's eye!)? Reservations made for cruises, snorkeling, special dinners? Don't forget the sunglasses, hats, reef-safe sunblock, swim trunks and swim suits!

In other words, are you ready to head to paradise? Cuz we're all more than ready to go along for the ride!!
    0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    passports and all associated paperwork ready and on the dining room table (along with everything else ranging from Preservation Areds2 to paper towels arctic cups to spf 30 and spf 4 sprays for pool use. and a zinc oxide 50 for beach use. 10 8 oz pouches of coconut rum and 3 16 oz pouches of baileys. add to that 4 lbs of costume jewelry from one friend to give to another and much other stuff including a queen sized bed dustruffle.................do not ask.

I am so ready for the results to be sent!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 11-24-2020 at 02:59 PM.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    TAKE BUG SPRAY!!!! And please, for the love of all that is holy, DO NOT TOUCH ANY ROPES!!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes! the citronella candle and the OFF are in the crap pile.
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    TAKE BUG SPRAY!!!! And please, for the love of all that is holy, DO NOT TOUCH ANY ROPES!!

0 1