This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul and Andrea's Covid Escape Nov 23-Dec 10

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    November 27 Friday

Well it sometimes rains in Aruba.
    Sometimes it is an inconvenience, but today it really was an inconvenience.
    We got tired of the on again off again showers and called it a day at noon time.
    We did get over onto the beach for a short period of time, but the tendonitis in my right leg is better but walking on sand is not good and I am in pain now.

We made a SuperFoods run and I controlled my road rage and did well.
    We each had a cart and split the list.
    Everyone had a mask and everyone except for me had an easy time following the arrows.
    I kind of felt like Charlie on the MTA.

We took a short ride but the rain was annoying and we did not like driving in it.

We had dinner in….. chicken skewers on the grill and wedge salad.

We made a donation tonight to the Alhambra, got an ice cream and called it a night.
    We did play for 2 hrs at Alhambra which was ok as we held on for a good long time.
    It was very crowded.

Currently we are enjoying some pineapple juice and coconut rum.
    My favorite!

Tomorrow was supposed to be Reflexions, but I think we will remain close to LaCabana in case it rains.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the chicken skewers from Super Food.
    While the chicken is grilling we would order a salad to go.
    Hope the sun will stay out today and the rest of your stay.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope the sun to rain ratio improves for the rest of your stay and that your tendonitis pain stops tormenting you!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, you indicated you packed some alcohol, so I take it Aruba is not pulling it from luggage and charging you tax? Or did you not buy any duty free at the airport? We are just wondering if we can pack any alcohol in our bag?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you cN pack it and bring. There is a chance they will see it and if over the 1 liter per adult they can charge.
    We lucked out. We had 1.5 liters of coconut rum and about the same of Baileys.
    Quote Originally Posted by oneil1343 View Post
    Andrea, you indicated you packed some alcohol, so I take it Aruba is not pulling it from luggage and charging you tax? Or did you not buy any duty free at the airport? We are just wondering if we can pack any alcohol in our bag?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the ihfo. We are jealous you are in Aruba, but we hope to be there in January. Enjoy paradise.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    November 28. Saturday

Ok, it took me 48 hours to de-stress and get into a vacation mode.
    Some of you may think….”omg what is she saying…how can she be stressed, she is retired?”

I am a walking bundle of anxiety on a normal day.
    Add in travel and anything out of the norm and I STRESS.

So today, 48 hrs after setting foot on this island, I am relaxed and feeling good.

Weather today was partly sunny and very breezy!
    We spent the time at the pool again and it was nice to vegetate.
    I found a spot at the edge in the water where the return of water was coming out real forceful. I was able to put my calf and hamstring area to the jet for a good deep tissue massage. There I stayed for about 2 hours..i did have a couple of Miami Vices while there.
    When I climbed out of the pool my leg was like silly putty.

We skipped poolside Bingo and took a ride up to the lighthouse and a ride thru Tierra Del Sol.
    When I win my millions, that is where we will live!

Dinner was deeeeelightful. Bri as in “bri likes to travel” met us at the Fish House at the marina down behind the airport.
    I am going to publicly embarrass Bri. Here goes……..Bri is a breath of fresh air. Her loveliness and graciousness is outstanding. I believe that her parents did a magnificent job of raising her.
    Bri is everything that I wish I was …(young) hahaha but she is brave and outgoing and well spoken. She is self confident and is so well traveled. We enjoyed her company.

We had dinner at the Fish House and we all had shrimp….plain fried, blackened and grilled.
    All good.
    The setting is nice and is very breezy and open.
    We will go again!!

Stopped to say hello to a friend and then in and out of the Alhambra. Real quickly. Nuf said!

Tomorrow, will be either pool or Reflexions. I am leaning towards pool.

I added a few additional photos.

0 3

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for the kind words, Andrea. It was great meeting you and Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    November 28. Saturday

Ok, it took me 48 hours to de-stress and get into a vacation mode.
    Some of you may think….”omg what is she saying…how can she be stressed, she is retired?”

I am a walking bundle of anxiety on a normal day.
    Add in travel and anything out of the norm and I STRESS.

So today, 48 hrs after setting foot on this island, I am relaxed and feeling good.

Weather today was partly sunny and very breezy!
    We spent the time at the pool again and it was nice to vegetate.
    I found a spot at the edge in the water where the return of water was coming out real forceful. I was able to put my calf and hamstring area to the jet for a good deep tissue massage. There I stayed for about 2 hours..i did have a couple of Miami Vices while there.
    When I climbed out of the pool my leg was like silly putty.

We skipped poolside Bingo and took a ride up to the lighthouse and a ride thru Tierra Del Sol.
    When I win my millions, that is where we will live!

Dinner was deeeeelightful. Bri as in “bri likes to travel” met us at the Fish House at the marina down behind the airport.
    I am going to publicly embarrass Bri. Here goes……..Bri is a breath of fresh air. Her loveliness and graciousness is outstanding. I believe that her parents did a magnificent job of raising her.
    Bri is everything that I wish I was …(young) hahaha but she is brave and outgoing and well spoken. She is self confident and is so well traveled. We enjoyed her company.

We had dinner at the Fish House and we all had shrimp….plain fried, blackened and grilled.
    All good.
    The setting is nice and is very breezy and open.
    We will go again!!

Stopped to say hello to a friend and then in and out of the Alhambra. Real quickly. Nuf said!

Tomorrow, will be either pool or Reflexions. I am leaning towards pool.

I added a few additional photos.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Vacation mode is a good thing. Now you can really enjoy your time on the island. The Fish House looks nice. It seems to be a popular place for some of the forum members. I think we’ll need to add it to our to go lists for next year.

Always like to hear about forum members meeting up.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    As you know I can relate to your anxiety. Travel day was especially rough and I did need some recovery time as well.