This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Pegmeister’s TR 11/25 - 12/06 EXCITED

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a great trip. Where are you this trip?

Post Thanks / Like
    We’re at Manchebo for the bulk of our trip and then move to the Renaissance for a few days. Can’t do Ritz every every trip!!!

1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay!! You're there!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So.... we did have some challenges today but are finally settled in. Let me say first, that the Manchebo staff is wonderful at resolving issues and I am happy to be staying here.

Our flight was uneventful and we arrived at the Manchebo within 45 minutes of landing. The room wasn't ready So we headed to Pega Pega for lunch. Their grilled shrimp with curry sauce is phenomenal. After about an hour and a half we hadn’t heard about the room so the bartender checked for us and it was ready.

Here’s where the issue came in. I had requested a first floor as Tom’s mobility and breathing makes it difficult to walk any distance. The assigned room was 2nd floor and the furthest point from the lobby. I totally understand that requests can’t always be granted but I didn’t think we could manage it. I asked if we could just get a regular ocean view or a second floor closer to the lobby. They had nothing. Tamara, the front desk person went to great lengths to find a way to make it work. She ended up asking a couple that had just checked in if they were willing to make a switch. I wasn’t real comfortable with that but she insisted it didn’t hurt to ask. At this point I’m feeling overwhelmed, fear the tears that are threatening to fall and I took a moment to walk away and regroup. Doesn’t some manager come over to ask if I’m okay. Dam it!!!! Anyhow, the couple agreed to switch so we got into our room around 5:30 and I have just finished unpacking!!

While waiting to see what would happen with the room we went to the manager’s cocktail reception. I enjoy it as they have local crafts people selling their wares. I was feeling bad for myself and bought one of those shadow boxes that has the cutout for a door and you can look in and see the beach. Mine has a goat looking out the door.

Anyhow, I am completely exhausted and plan to sleep on the beach tomorrow!!!!

0 5

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad that the tears did not flow and that the Manchebo folks made all work.
    It never hurts to ask!!
    OMG I love those shadow box things.
    I have had my eye on them for a few years at the LaCabana shop.
    REST and breathe.
    Get a good night's sleep!
    All is well and the beach is calling your name.
    See you soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    So.... we did have some challenges today but are finally settled in. Let me say first, that the Manchebo staff is wonderful at resolving issues and I am happy to be staying here.

Our flight was uneventful and we arrived at the Manchebo within 45 minutes of landing. The room wasn't ready So we headed to Pega Pega for lunch. Their grilled shrimp with curry sauce is phenomenal. After about an hour and a half we hadn’t heard about the room so the bartender checked for us and it was ready.

Here’s where the issue came in. I had requested a first floor as Tom’s mobility and breathing makes it difficult to walk any distance. The assigned room was 2nd floor and the furthest point from the lobby. I totally understand that requests can’t always be granted but I didn’t think we could manage it. I asked if we could just get a regular ocean view or a second floor closer to the lobby. They had nothing. Tamara, the front desk person went to great lengths to find a way to make it work. She ended up asking a couple that had just checked in if they were willing to make a switch. I wasn’t real comfortable with that but she insisted it didn’t hurt to ask. At this point I’m feeling overwhelmed, fear the tears that are threatening to fall and I took a moment to walk away and regroup. Doesn’t some manager come over to ask if I’m okay. Dam it!!!! Anyhow, the couple agreed to switch so we got into our room around 5:30 and I have just finished unpacking!!

While waiting to see what would happen with the room we went to the manager’s cocktail reception. I enjoy it as they have local crafts people selling their wares. I was feeling bad for myself and bought one of those shadow boxes that has the cutout for a door and you can look in and see the beach. Mine has a goat looking out the door.

Anyhow, I am completely exhausted and plan to sleep on the beach tomorrow!!!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    A bit of a rough start but I'm not a bit surprised at the lengths the Manchebo staff went to help. They're so wonderful. Now sit back, have a cocktail or two, and enjoy. And I couldn't agree with you more on the grilled shrimp at Pega Pega. I had it twice it was so delish.
    How is Tom's toe?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    A bit of a rough start but I'm not a bit surprised at the lengths the Manchebo staff went to help. They're so wonderful. Now sit back, have a cocktail or two, and enjoy. And I couldn't agree with you more on the grilled shrimp at Pega Pega. I had it twice it was so delish.
    How is Tom's toe?
    His toe is way better today, thanks!!!! I brought gauze and tape but don’t think it will be necessary, thankfully

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    I am glad that the tears did not flow and that the Manchebo folks made all work.
    It never hurts to ask!!
    OMG I love those shadow box things.
    I have had my eye on them for a few years at the LaCabana shop.
    REST and breathe.
    Get a good night's sleep!
    All is well and the beach is calling your name.
    See you soon.
    It’s the same lady as Lacabana. She is so nice and was happy when I asked if it was her that had the shadow boxes at Lacabana. Her prices are over the top but today I just wanted it and I had hit $450 in keno on Friday so I figured I could splurge a little.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Let’s see if I can post a photo of the shadow box. Of course it came in upside down!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pegmeister’s TR 11/25 - 12/06  EXCITED-70701dab-7040-4dc0-8e9a-bd6264f252bd-jpg  

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad things worked out and Tom is feeling better. Love the shadow box. Relax and enjoy Aruba. I can't wait fo the trip reports.