This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Phrogg's 2nd Aruba Trip

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you took pictures of the military guys?! On our last trip a really low flying helicopter came by the beach and they were all waving from the open door. It was so strange!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    I hate them too. I keep reading that mosquitoes like beer drinkers. Which in my case, makes me DOOMED. Whatever kind are here are causing a reaction I've never had before. They are all blistered up and weeping. As am I... hahaha!

Next time we come here, I may have to get some of the stuff you found. The worst part is that I got these bites even with repellant on! It was just basic Off though. I guess the skeeters here laugh in the face of Off!
    Here is the link https://www.ebay.com/itm/BUGGINS-Per....c100005.m1851
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I hope you took pictures of the military guys?! On our last trip a really low flying helicopter came by the beach and they were all waving from the open door. It was so strange!
    I got some. My husband got a bunch from inside the ruins. I wasn't sure if we were supposed to talk to them or not, so I just tried to slink away, lest they shoot me. Hahaha!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post

Thank you!!!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We decided to forego Moomba for lunch and are at Dushi Bagels & Burgers instead. Considering a burger at Moomba is $22, we decided to go a little cheaper.

The burgers are expensive, but Pam and I split one. They really are delicious. The Marriott burger is about the same price, but you can get a slippery monkey with it

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phrogg, the mosquitos must find you sweet. But your bites may be aggravated by the sun (leading to the bad reaction) try to do some cool applications to help the swelling. Sit your cold balashi on your leg in between sips!

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    So, for those of you playing along at home, the score is Rum Punch - 5, Phrogg - 0. Hahaha!! G*ddamn I love that Black Pearl trip!! Shockingly, we are back at Fireson right now. I'm sure all y'all are super surprised. Lol.

Also, I hit up the cigar store near Moomba when we got back and I decided to splurge and buy myself a true Cohiba. It was way too freakin expensive, but I did it anyway. Woot!!

Have I mentioned how much fun we are having being stupid, not watching what we eat or drink and generally causing mayhem? Hahhahaha!!

Yeah, I'll pay for this when we get home, but until then we are gonna whoop it up!!!

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    5 - 0 rum punch is the winner.

I am looking forward to photos!!!
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Phrogg, I'm just catching up on today's adventures! Girl, I'm exhausted just reading your posts! LOL! You keep enjoying, imbibing, and laughing!
    Did you do any snorkeling while on the Black Pearl or was the rum punch too good?
    I wonder if some pure aloe would help your bug bites. Be careful they don't get infected!!

Come on now, we're waiting for your review of Slippery Monkeys!! Get with the program!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Phrogg, I'm just catching up on today's adventures! Girl, I'm exhausted just reading your posts! LOL! You keep enjoying, imbibing, and laughing!
    Did you do any snorkeling while on the Black Pearl or was the rum punch too good?
    I wonder if some pure aloe would help your bug bites. Be careful they don't get infected!!

Come on now, we're waiting for your review of Slippery Monkeys!! Get with the program!
    We did snorkel! I totally forgot to mention all that! We saw three sea turtles and I also fed a whole bunch of fish out of my hand with some bread! Now THAT was cool!! There were fish all around me!! We also saw a couple barracuda, a ton of tangs and a bunch of sergeant majors. We also saw some goat fish and parrot fish.

Tomorrow's goal is those elusive Slippery Monkeys!! I WILL have at least 7 before I leave here!

First one: I'm the cow on the left. Hahaha!! Phrogg's 2nd Aruba Trip-screen-shot-2020-10-28-8-07-53-pm-jpg

Second one is sunset aboard the Black Pearl. Phrogg's 2nd Aruba Trip-screen-shot-2020-10-28-8-08-14-pm-jpg

Third is a rare selfie of me and my husband. Phrogg's 2nd Aruba Trip-screen-shot-2020-10-28-8-08-31-pm-jpg

Fourth is a picture from inside Bushiribana.Phrogg's 2nd Aruba Trip-screen-shot-2020-10-28-8-09-15-pm-jpg
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-28-2020 at 08:13 PM. Reason: added photos

0 3