This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Phrogg's 2nd Aruba Trip

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a great pharmacy on the other end of the building where Fireson's is.

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel somewhat better now that I got a good sleep. My left foot is still a mess though. Ugh. I have no idea what to do with it other than soak it in the pool and probably beer. Hahaha!

Today is our last full day here. *sigh* What a great week it has been though! Minus the rope creatures from hell... Not sure what we will do today. We talked about going to Mangel Halto, but I think we will be passing on that. I've gotten enough sun this week thankyouverymuch. We will probably stay more or less low key today. I do know that Fireson will have their IPA back on tap today, so that will be a "must stop". I may check out that pharmacy too since we will be nearby.

Depending on how well I can hobble, those Slippery Monkeys could still be on the radar, but we shall see.
    Last edited by phrogg108; 10-30-2020 at 08:21 AM.
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    last full day................well that is very unfair.

I thought of you last night. I took the dog for a real quick walk in the common area between our home and the golf course.
    I had flip flops on and I stepped on a fire ant hill.
    I got a few bites and the sting was intense and now the itch is brutal.
    I believe what I feel is minimal compared to your stings.

Go find that slippery monkey!!
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    I feel somewhat better now that I got a good sleep. My left foot is still a mess though. Ugh. I have no idea what to do with it other than soak it in the pool and probably beer. Hahaha!

Today is our last full day here. *sigh* What a great week it has been though! Minus the rope creatures from hell... Not sure what we will do today. We talked about going to Mangel Halto, but I think will be passing on that. I've gotten enough sun this week thankyouverymuch. We will probably stay more or less low key today. I do know that Fireson will have their IPA back on tap today, so that will be a "must stop". I may check out that pharmacy too since we will be nearby.

Depending on how well I can hobble, those Slippery Monkeys could be in the radar, but we shall see.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    last full day................well that is very unfair.

I thought of you last night. I took the dog for a real quick walk in the common area between our home and the golf course.
    I had flip flops on and I stepped on a fire ant hill.
    I got a few bites and the sting was intense and now the itch is brutal.
    I believe what I feel is minimal compared to your stings.

Go find that slippery monkey!!

Ack! Fire ants are the worst!!! Those things wig me out! Definitely find something to put on those bites!! I think my foot is so painful because it's on the side near my heel and the pressure of walking that gets put on it makes it hurt more than itch. Everywhere else is super itchy. I just had it in the pool for a bit and that definitely helped.

Also, fun fact: seems the next door neighbor here is a John Denver fan. I just heard "Take Me Home, Country Roads" as well as "Annie's Song" and a few others. Lol.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Those slippery monkeys are quite elusive. Happy Hour is 3-5 at the Surf Club. 2 for 1 drinks including the slippery monkey. If you go nd happen to see Genard, tell him Walt and Pam say hello and that we'll see him soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Those slippery monkeys are quite elusive. Happy Hour is 3-5 at the Surf Club. 2 for 1 drinks including the slippery monkey. If you go nd happen to see Genard, tell him Walt and Pam say hello and that we'll see him soon.
    Now that is DEFINITELY good to know! Especially the 2 for 1 deal! Are we allowed to get into the Surf Club even if we aren't staying there? I assume we just have to wander past at the right time?

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, just walk right in!!
    they won't allow u to use their pools, but they WILL sell you drinks!!

Now that is DEFINITELY good to know! Especially the 2 for 1 deal! Are we allowed to get into the Surf Club even if we aren't staying there? I assume we just have to wander past at the right time?
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually the only pool you can't use is the Lazy River, you need a special bracelet. Just walk up to the pool bar or Compass Lounge (outside the main building) and order up!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!!!!

So far today,, we have found plenty to do! Lol! We drove to Mangel Halto, took a few pictures. Then, we drove down to Grape Fields Beach in hopes of seeing some kite surfers. There were none. However, we decided to keep driving along and saw Rincon Beach and all the huts there that I guess locals use for holidays and weekends. That was neat! We then tried our best to get lost in San Nicolas and Savaneta. We took all kinds of back roads around, eventually went through Spanish Lagoon and passed the donkey sanctuary.

We are currently at Casabari. Hubs is on top of the rock, taking pictures. I am... you guessed it... drinking beer. Ha! I am having a Balashi Magic Mango and it's not too bad! I think I like regular Balashi better, but it's still nice and fruity! I decided to forego the climb up the steps to the top of Casibari mostly because of my foot. Also, there's the whole "heights" thing. Not my fave...

I do believe the plan is to finally go track down some Slippery Monkeys later! They're not gonna escape me this trip!
    Last edited by phrogg108; 10-30-2020 at 01:12 PM.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like

I do believe the plan is to finally go track down some Slippery Monkeys later! They're not gonna escape me this trip!
    Atta girl!