This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Phrogg's 2nd Aruba Trip

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Wonderful!!!!

We love watching launches from the Cape!
    We have never seen one from the air though ....you were lucky.

I am glad you were not annoyed that I moved some posts to this location.
    The countdown thread got off track a bit.

Enjoy and stay well.

If you need any help with your photos shoot me a message.

I am green with envy!!
    Yeah, I was thinking about that as I posted that I was sitting on the plane. I should have started a new thread as a trip report. I appreciate you taking care of that!!

At Local Store right now. They have doors now. Lol. Did not expect that. Also, there is a local contingent all here watching the UFC fight which is in Spanish. Lol. We are just a wee bit out of place, but oh well because... Funchi fries!!!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, watching a launch from the air; very cool! Glad you’re having a great start to your vacation. You’re starting things off right going to the Local Store!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad you made it.. watching the launch is amazing.
    So looking forward to hearing more.
    Having withdrawals already.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow really excited for you!

Who did you fly first class with and what amenities did they offer? Thanks for mentioning Local Store. I wasn't sure if they were opened or not and I think it might help some of us to know what is opened or closed. Looking forward to more trip reports. Enjoy!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    So thrilled for you!! Smiling right along with you and wishing you an awesome vacation!!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Wow really excited for you!

Who did you fly first class with and what amenities did they offer? Thanks for mentioning Local Store. I wasn't sure if they were opened or not and I think it might help some of us to know what is opened or closed. Looking forward to more trip reports. Enjoy!

We flew American. They are not offering food or beverage service for coach, but we had "breakfast" and pretty much as many drinks as you would want.

Local Store was really good!

We are currently at Fireson Brewery by Excelsior and it is DEAD for a Saturday night. Kinda sad. The hotel right here only has a handful of lights on. Its really weird how quiet it is...

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    So thrilled for you!! Smiling right along with you and wishing you an awesome vacation!!

I haven't stopped smiling yet! Lol. We also hit the lighthouse earlier just cuz. We are starting to Peter out though. Been awake since 3am at this point. It's starting to catch up to us.

Tomorrow's plan is Baby Beach and Big Mama's. We will also probably go to the pet cemetery and then Grapestem Beach to watch the kite surfers. We WILL make sure to have sunscreen on this time. Made that mistake last year. *ouchy*

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    was breakfast offered on your first leg of your flight or on 2nd leg in 1st class?

thank you so much for sharing your time with us!

Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    We flew American. They are not offering food or beverage service for coach, but we had "breakfast" and pretty much as many drinks as you would want.

Local Store was really good!

We are currently at Fireson Brewery by Excelsior and it is DEAD for a Saturday night. Kinda sad. The hotel right here only has a handful of lights on. Its really weird how quiet it is...
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    was breakfast offered on your first leg of your flight or on 2nd leg in 1st class?

thank you so much for sharing your time with us!

Sorry, should have clarified that: we only got served anything on the second leg from Charlotte. The flight from Dayton to Charlotte wasn't long enough to warrant any service.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Thank you Andrea for starting this for me!!!!

We are here!!! It's as awesome as I remembered too! We made it here with only one minor inconvenience on the flight departing from CLT in that there was a tiny fuel spill, so they had to do some paperwork and stuff. But, the COOLEST part about the flight was: as we were flying over Florida, there was a SpaceX rocket launch today and we could see it from the plane!! I have some pictures of it, but it's kind of hard to see. However, I got some good pics of the smoke trail it left. So cool!!

Also, to all of you who say first class is the way to go - you aren't kidding. Wow, was that an experience! I think we will do that from now on. And, also, all of you were right about sitting on the left side of the plane to be able to see Aruba during landing. What a sight!!!

Going through customs and the health screening stuff was actually very smooth. Super quick too. We were out of the airport within 30 minutes. Grabbed our rental roller skate, er, car and made our way to the AirBnb. Didn't even need to look at a map. We remembered everything!

I've already had two Balashi Chills and we are getting ready to head to Local Store for some food and then off to Superfood for some items for the week.

I will post some pictures later tonight of the rocket and of our Airbnb. I haven't smiled this much in the last month and we only just got here!
    So very cool to see the launch from the plane! I have never seen a launch, but hubby and younger son went down for the last Space Shuttle launch and those pictures are cool, so I can imagine how awesome it was for you! Glad you arrived safe and things went well!