This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rich's 35th trip to Aruba - Dec. 6-20

Post Thanks / Like

Rich's 35th trip to Aruba - Dec. 6-20

I am five days away from my 35th trip to Aruba. I am starting my trip report now to document the process of jumping through the hoops to get there.

For my Covid test, I am going to be doing the Vault saliva test that jet Blue recently introduced and which is accepted by Aruba for entry (I am actually flying American Airlines, though). On Thursday morning, I will perform the test at home (while on a Zoom call with an inspector from the testing company) and send it via pre-paid UPS Next Day Air.

I elected to try this method, as there are no testing sites near me that produce results within the 72-hour window. The closest site to me that might work is a 90+ minute drive away. I am hoping to avoid having to test at the airport upon arrival.

I have been mostly quarantining since last Wednesday (except for a few quick errands) and plan to keep a low profile these last few days, until I head to Connecticut on Saturday to stay over before my Sunday morning flight.

My December trips to Aruba are usually one week, but I decided to rent a second week. At my timeshare, Playa Linda, there are plenty of owners who have their weeks available to rent, so the price was good. I even got a refund of $61 when I changed my flight itinerary!

This will be a much welcomed and needed vacation! The pandemic robbed me of my usual two-week trip in early April, as well as a planned trip in May for a friend's daughter's wedding.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Rich I meant to tell you earlier, the Beach Bar has been very quiet. Last night they turned the lights off an loved before 9pm

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy your trip and post lots of updates for the rest of us!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Rich I meant to tell you earlier, the Beach Bar has been very quiet. Last night they turned the lights off an loved before 9pm
    Yes, they tend not to be too busy long into the evening. Happy Hour ends, the sun sets, and the crowd moves on. Do they have more tables set up, because I understand bar seating is still not allowed?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Bar seating is only available at hotels and it is available to only their guests. Have a great trip.
    June 8th - can't get here quick enough!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Rich, thanks for posting your steps to get tested. We thought you had to fly Jet Blue to take advantage of their testing, so it will be interesting how this go for you upon testing and arrival in Aruba.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems like nobody is promising testing times now. We have an appointment on Dec. 9 for our trip on the 12th. Hoping that we get the results back in time. I thought Vault was only through Jet Blue.

Post Thanks / Like
    The test at the airport is quick and cheap. Yes you have to stay in your room till your results come back, but at least you're waiting in Aruba. My results came back in 6 hours, Pam's took about 12. In any event we were ready to go first thing the next morning.

Can't wait to read about your trip Rich, we'll be here till the 12th if you want to meet up for a beverage.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    The test at the airport is quick and cheap. Yes you have to stay in your room till your results come back, but at least you're waiting in Aruba. My results came back in 6 hours, Pam's took about 12. In any event we were ready to go first thing the next morning.

Can't wait to read about your trip Rich, we'll be here till the 12th if you want to meet up for a beverage.
    Being tested upon arrival at AUA is my backup plan. I wouldn't mind quarantining at my resort, but my fear is testing positive at that point and being whisked away into isolation.

Would love to get together for a drink! If there are still multiple forum members on the island, perhaps a repeat of the get together you folks had last night would work.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    Yes, they tend not to be too busy long into the evening. Happy Hour ends, the sun sets, and the crowd moves on. Do they have more tables set up, because I understand bar seating is still not allowed?
    They brought in high top tables and set them next to the bar.