This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Robin and Stu Dec. 12-Mar. 31

Post Thanks / Like
    I am always glad to read everyones trip reports...makes me feel like I'm almost there too. We'll be there most of March. I hope we run into you!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be nice!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We had appointments for 9 and 930 AM testing. We got there early and waited in the car as directed and filled out the appropriate paperwork online. Then we waited and waited. There were two people before me(on the app). At 9:39 I called then asked why we were waiting so long. We were told that only one doctor was in and they were behind. Just after 10 we were called and answered some questions before being allowed in and asked more questions, then we had our noses violated. 20-30 minutes later we walked out with our negative results. We never did see a doctor. I completed everything for me online and now have my green check! Filling out the ED card made very real and I am so excited!

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the green check! It won’t be long now!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that was some fast results! Congrats and safe travels.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We are just tying up the last of the loose ends before heading to the hotel tomorrow night.

Stu started having back pain on Sunday night. It mostly only hurts when he lays down, so he has not been sleeping much. He tried to go to the doctor yesterday but they were closed. He did get into today and got meds for his pulled muscles. I am hoping he can get some sleep tonight. It will be interesting getting through the airports. We might need to get some assistance.

Our son is off on Friday and can take us to the hotel which makes me very happy. We are already checked in their and will be using a digital key. I have to call and set up the shuttle for our 730 am flight because they are limiting the number of people. If we need to we can always get an Uber. We are supposed to land at 1 pm.

Our older son and gf are trying to rent a condo in our building for a month or two while we are there. It will be nice to see finally see him.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We are just tying up the last of the loose ends before heading to the hotel tomorrow night.

Stu started having back pain on Sunday night. It mostly only hurts when he lays down, so he has not been sleeping much. He tried to go to the doctor yesterday but they were closed. He did get into today and got meds for his pulled muscles. I am hoping he can get some sleep tonight. It will be interesting getting through the airports. We might need to get some assistance.

Our son is off on Friday and can take us to the hotel which makes me very happy. We are already checked in their and will be using a digital key. I have to call and set up the shuttle for our 730 am flight because they are limiting the number of people. If we need to we can always get an Uber. We are supposed to land at 1 pm.

Our older son and gf are trying to rent a condo in our building for a month or two while we are there. It will be nice to see finally see him.
    Yes please get wheel chair assistance for Stu don't chance it. I know he has a history of back pain and I've been there to know that the first few days rest is required. If I run into Stu at the Aruba airport we will do a wheel chair race to customs. LMAO. Oh lord! Never imagined i would have these kind of issues with hips, back. I expected that in my 70s, 80s and I'm still in my 50s...
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Yes please get wheel chair assistance for Stu don't chance it. I know he has a history of back pain and I've been there to know that the first few days rest is required. If I run into Stu at the Aruba airport we will do a wheel chair race to customs. LMAO. Oh lord! Never imagined i would have these kind of issues with hips, back. I expected that in my 70s, 80s and I'm still in my 50s...
    He took the meds and slept and feels better than he has all week. The only thing he really needs to lift is his carry on. I can do the rest or we can do it together. I have back issues that started when I was 37, however; I think things that happened to me when was much younger led to the issue. We are both now in our late 50s.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I called this morning and arranged to be on the first shuttle from the hotel to the airport. The lounge we go to doesn't open to 7 am so we won't be able to use it. The terminal we usually as our TSA checkpoint is closed. I have no idea what gates are open these days. We normally get to the airport 2.5 hours early, but it will be shorter this time-about 2 hours. I hope it will be okay. I know there are way less flights, but don't know about staffing. Our flight appears to be about 1/3 full based on empty seats at this time.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe travels!
    0 0