This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: Robin and Stu Dec. 12-Mar. 31

Post Thanks / Like
    Robin that is awesome! Being on the board is a big responsibility but you will rock at it. The added benefit will be you will always know what's going on, lol. I too would vote for you.
    June 8th - can't get here quick enough!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    make sure you check the liability issues before you accept.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Last night my lower back started to hurt a little, so when I woke up and it was still not feeling normal, I decided just to go back to sleep. I hoped to go into the pool to work it out, but it rained off and on today. I ended up just reading for most of the day. Dinner was a meal I previously made and froze. After dinner I had a call from the board president asking me to meet him in the business center. I have told members of the board over the past few years that I'd love to help out. Tonight he asked to be serve on the board. Elections are at the meeting Friday morning. I would be the only woman and the second American on the board.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so confused. Liability issues for being on the board? I am sure your 100 percent accurate just never thought of such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    make sure you check the liability issues before you accept.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I will answer my own question- after a quick google search what great info provided by Andrea. It seems you could be liable under certain situations. I hate most paid positions so to be offered an unpaid one I would probably pass it on to another, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I am so confused. Liability issues for being on the board? I am sure your 100 percent accurate just never thought of such thing.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    An honor to be asked but I agree on liability. Seems pretty quick. Doesn't the entire membership (ie, all owners) vote for Board Members?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the meeting is tomorrow. I have served on our old condo board for 5 years and president for 3. We had O&D insurance and I will check to make sure they have something similar here. Suing in Aruba does not happen often or as easily as in the states.

Post Thanks / Like
    Woke and my back was still "not right" but I did go out for my walk, but slower than usual and I didn't have any issues other than getting rained on-ducked under a palapa at La Cabana to avoid getting soaked. Made a trip to Super Foods and Lings. I have been trying to find Palmara Coconut Rum and everyone is out. Super Food said Palmara is out stock of coconut rum. Sounds odd to me especially when I noticed tonight that they removed their logo from the building-I don't know if they are just painting or changing things or something else. Hung out for a while and took short nap since I didn't sleep well last night-kept waking up- then spent a few hours reading at the pool. Another shower and out for dinner at Yemanja. I had the Grouper Filet with the boursin cheese-sooo good. Stu had grilled Picanha which was good. I was so stuffed. We were going to walk around but it started to spit again so we just headed back to the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    After a night with very little sleep(GERD was bad because I over ate at dinner), my day today was awesome. We had our owner's meeting today and I was elected to the board. I am very excited to be able to contribute. I love Aruba and Oceania and being able to help is important to me. After lunch, Stu and hung out until Sean and Susan came over. They are so much fun! We hung out at the pool and talked and laughed. Since they were meeting with a friend for dinner, Stu and I decided to head to Renaissance Marketplace for dinner. We ended up at Casa Tua and listened to music while we ate. Walked around for a little bit and came back to find a text that my son finally has an appointment for the vaccine on Sunday at a mega center at Rowan University. All good. Now I just hope I sleep tonight.