This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Robin and Stu Dec. 12-Mar. 31

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know that when we are in Aruba in May, the coconut ice-cream will be my real weight watcher downfall.
    1 cup of coconut ice cream is 15 WW points.
    I am only allowed 23 points a day..... I will work around it by using the exercise points.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Did a partial walk this morning because I knew I'd be walking a lot today. I continued on my organizing project of our "take one, leave one" library. I was almost done when I need to get a shower, have lunch and head to Citro for a pedi-I so love getting one. I came back and spent another hour finishing the books. While I was working on them, Stu came in and said there was an issue with our sons book here and a new booking. Someone booked 9 days right before I requested an extension of our son's time here. Stu was too busy to deal with it, so I had to take care of contacting the kids to make sure they didn't book their airfare yet and contacting Prestige. Kids will leave later than their original plans but earlier than their request to extend their stay. Once I was done with all that I just came back up stairs and relaxed until it was time to walk to Asi Es Mi Peru for dinner. Stu had the 1/2 a chicken and I had duck with green rice. Both were very good. I had some coconut ice cream for dessert.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    ASI Es Mi Peru is a spot we planned to get to last trip and didn’t make it. Not sure if my interest was because of the ice cream or their little shop I read about. Was the shop open?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    where is Citro located?

Did a partial walk this morning because I knew I'd be walking a lot today. I continued on my organizing project of our "take one, leave one" library. I was almost done when I need to get a shower, have lunch and head to Citro for a pedi-I so love getting one. I came back and spent another hour finishing the books. While I was working on them, Stu came in and said there was an issue with our sons book here and a new booking. Someone booked 9 days right before I requested an extension of our son's time here. Stu was too busy to deal with it, so I had to take care of contacting the kids to make sure they didn't book their airfare yet and contacting Prestige. Kids will leave later than their original plans but earlier than their request to extend their stay. Once I was done with all that I just came back up stairs and relaxed until it was time to walk to Asi Es Mi Peru for dinner. Stu had the 1/2 a chicken and I had duck with green rice. Both were very good. I had some coconut ice cream for dessert.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    at lacabana

https://www.facebook.com/Citro-Spa-S...4908909854307/

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAngela View Post
    where is Citro located?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    ASI Es Mi Peru is a spot we planned to get to last trip and didn’t make it. Not sure if my interest was because of the ice cream or their little shop I read about. Was the shop open?
    Yes, it is in the lobby of the restaurant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometime in the predawn hours, a fire alarm, not at Oceania, but rather one of the other complexes or resorts, went off multiple times. I don't know where it was, but we were not happy campers and I can't imagine how it was for the people in that complex. I did walk this morning, but only about 7500 steps because the dark clouds were coming in. Had breakfast, shower and worked trying registering on different sites for the vaccine once we are home. Some won't let me on because we are out of the country. One had appointments in Sept and Oct. AC mega center had available appointments now, but like most are not scheduling out that far. Stu and I headed over to DoIt. When we opened our account there, they didn't really have groceries and the account was put in Stu's name. Now, I do a lot of shopping there. We had close to 80 florins in credit and they would not let me use it because it was in his name, so today we went over and changed it to me-only one person per account. Came back and had lunch, did laundry, finished my walk, just hung out together. We were going to head to the pool, but we just opted to stay in since it was cloudy off and on and windy, but it did clear up by dinner. Made dinner and froze two meals worth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Woke up late and went out late for my walk. I only did 6000 steps because it was getting hot. I figured I'd go back out tonight, but ended at over the 10,000 while running errands. I was all over the place today. I started at Lucky Superstore for a few odds and ends, then to Glassco to leave the passenger side mirror to be replaced(it was cracked during Carnival last year), then to get paint, primer and paint thinner for our garage door, Lings and SuperFood. I had planned to go to the pool, but since I had to go back to pick up the mirror at 5, I just stayed in and got caught up on emails, phone calls, etc. Left early to pick up the mirror and stopped at the settlement company. We made settlement in December and we still did not have the deed and no one was responding to emails. Of course it was there. Went and had the mirror put on. Came back and made dinner. Talked with a nice couple who previously contacted me about owning here. They are in the unit, one down and one over from us. One of the security guards has a birthday later this week and we are going to go down and give her some cupcakes later tonight.

I've talked to several people here who have had their first shot. Everyone is very pleased and say it is well organized. Right now it is for those in healthcare and those over 60.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    as a homeowner, (and I do not know either of your ages) and if you are each 60, can you get a vaccine there?
    Woke up late and went out late for my walk. I only did 6000 steps because it was getting hot. I figured I'd go back out tonight, but ended at over the 10,000 while running errands. I was all over the place today. I started at Lucky Superstore for a few odds and ends, then to Glassco to leave the passenger side mirror to be replaced(it was cracked during Carnival last year), then to get paint, primer and paint thinner for our garage door, Lings and SuperFood. I had planned to go to the pool, but since I had to go back to pick up the mirror at 5, I just stayed in and got caught up on emails, phone calls, etc. Left early to pick up the mirror and stopped at the settlement company. We made settlement in December and we still did not have the deed and no one was responding to emails. Of course it was there. Went and had the mirror put on. Came back and made dinner. Talked with a nice couple who previously contacted me about owning here. They are in the unit, one down and one over from us. One of the security guards has a birthday later this week and we are going to go down and give her some cupcakes later tonight.

I've talked to several people here who have had their first shot. Everyone is very pleased and say it is well organized. Right now it is for those in healthcare and those over 60.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Great question~! Pretty sure Robin is not yet 60, lol.
    April 17th- Aruba here we come!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We are not residents, just homeowners. I will be 60 in October. Stu will be 60 next February.