This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stu and Robin Jan. 21-April 7

Post Thanks / Like

Stu and Robin Jan. 21-April 7

I saw able to snag testing appointments at Walgreens for 1/19. They are only booking a week out. Last night, it was just after 9 pm here in California and after midnight at home, so I logged and got the times we needed. The change from 3 to 2 days messed us up as we both have appointments schedule(Dr. for me and work for Stu) for the 19th figuring we'd test on the 18th, but it's all working out. Now we just have to avoid Omicron and stay healthy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tip, good luck guys.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    That was great to schedule tests at Walgreens a week out especially with the amount of people testing now. When we went to Aruba in September we had to schedule online 2 days out in northern NJ. We needed tests on Wednesday so I went online right after midnight Sunday night. Assume you scheduled the Abbott ID Now tests. We had good experience with that one. So glad you guys didn’t catch Omicron on your long cruise. You were sooooo very lucky! Let the luck continue. Lol.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    looking forward to living vicariously thru your writings!
    safe travels.

not yet CP, not yet!

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah! Looking forward to the 2022 Adventures of Robin & Stu on the Happy Island!!!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I saw able to snag testing appointments at Walgreens for 1/19. They are only booking a week out. Last night, it was just after 9 pm here in California and after midnight at home, so I logged and got the times we needed. The change from 3 to 2 days messed us up as we both have appointments schedule(Dr. for me and work for Stu) for the 19th figuring we'd test on the 18th, but it's all working out. Now we just have to avoid Omicron and stay healthy.
    Testing is going to big the biggest hurdle for us. I've been watching Walgreens availability for a few weeks. In our area, we have ten or so that have the Rapid Test. When I checked this morning, there were no appointments available at any location. At least we have a couple more weeks before D-day.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My cousin just said that Walgreens is now only booking 3 days out. I don't know if that is everywhere or just in his area in which is between NYC and Albany.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Colette M View Post
    That was great to schedule tests at Walgreens a week out especially with the amount of people testing now. When we went to Aruba in September we had to schedule online 2 days out in northern NJ. We needed tests on Wednesday so I went online right after midnight Sunday night. Assume you scheduled the Abbott ID Now tests. We had good experience with that one. So glad you guys didn’t catch Omicron on your long cruise. You were sooooo very lucky! Let the luck continue. Lol.
    Honestly Colette, I felt safer on the ship from Omicron than off of the ship. We were required to be vaccinated, tested us daily, were masked, temp check daily, not a full ship(875 ish) and we wore trackers so if someone was positive, they would know we were in close contact. This went for the crew too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Honestly Colette, I felt safer on the ship from Omicron than off of the ship. We were required to be vaccinated, tested us daily, were masked, temp check daily, not a full ship(875 ish) and we wore trackers so if someone was positive, they would know we were in close contact. This went for the crew too.
    That’s great Robin! Not all ship requirements are that diligent. And I totally understand. When we went to Aruba in September I also felt safer there than at home. At that time we were careful, masked up and all went well on the way home. The difference now with this very contagious variant is the worry of testing positive coming home no matter how careful you are. Since you own real estate in Aruba it’s so much less scary as to where you would stay if you tested positive etc. Vacationing at a resort changes everything. Fingers crossed things get better very soon!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope to see you again, in March. Have a safe flight down.
    0 0