This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Stu and Robin Jan. 21-April 7

Post Thanks / Like
    Thursday: Finally had a good night's sleep, so I did go out and walk. Headed to the pool around 1030 and found it empty which is unusual. There were a lot of midweek checkouts. Read for a few hours and headed back for lunch. Started washing items that renters will use, such as beach towels that we don't use(we have some of our own towels, linens, etc.). Took care of a few other things. We met Steven and Cathy for dinner at Mdm Janette. We had not been there in a long time and it is really a beautiful setting and the company is always so much fun. It was quiet when we arrived, but quickly filled up, with people waiting at the bar and outfront. Stopped for gas on the way home. I used to be able to fill up for 60 florins, but not this year.

Friday: Woke up to cloudy skies, so I didn't go out to walk. Attended a meeting this morning and even though it was cloudy we headed to the pool after lunch. The second or third time it rained and the cool winds came, I gave up and decided that I can read inside and get laundry done and be warm and dry. Dinner was a meal I had made and frozen.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    what did you have for entrees at MJs?

after conversions from florins to US dollars and liters to gallons gas = about $5.65 p gallon,
    since the prices are controlled by the government, when was the last time that they increased the price?

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Thursday: Finally had a good night's sleep, so I did go out and walk. Headed to the pool around 1030 and found it empty which is unusual. There were a lot of midweek checkouts. Read for a few hours and headed back for lunch. Started washing items that renters will use, such as beach towels that we don't use(we have some of our own towels, linens, etc.). Took care of a few other things. We met Steven and Cathy for dinner at Mdm Janette. We had not been there in a long time and it is really a beautiful setting and the company is always so much fun. It was quiet when we arrived, but quickly filled up, with people waiting at the bar and outfront. Stopped for gas on the way home. I used to be able to fill up for 60 florins, but not this year.

Friday: Woke up to cloudy skies, so I didn't go out to walk. Attended a meeting this morning and even though it was cloudy we headed to the pool after lunch. The second or third time it rained and the cool winds came, I gave up and decided that I can read inside and get laundry done and be warm and dry. Dinner was a meal I had made and frozen.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 03-11-2022 at 08:25 PM. Reason: auto spell ugg
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    what did you have for entrees at MJs?

after conversions from florist to US dollars and liters to gallons gas = about $5.65 p gallon,
    since the prices are controlled by the government, when was the last time that they increased the price?
    I don't know when they raised the prices, but I cannot fill up with 60 florins as I have done in the past. I am guessing it would be about 70 florins now.

Stu, Steve and I had the almond grouper-I had the potato au gratin and the guys had veggies. Cathy had the lobster roll. I thought my fish was a little overcooked/dry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stu got up when my alarm went off and figured I get up once he left the bathroom-fell back to sleep till 830-I could not believe it. Did laundry, shopped on line and just did a few things around the condo. Went to the pool around 1230, but was asked to help with something complex related for an hour or so. Hung out at the pool til 5ish. Finished up the laundry and have leftovers for dinner. There is a dusting of snow at home and icy roads. So happy to be here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Woke up to cloudy and rainy skies.The day was a mix of sun, clouds, showers and wind. We spent most of it at the pool. Dinner was at Sizzle at the Gloria. We both had burgers and funchi fries. Stu had a beer and I had a margarita. The food and service were very good.
    Last edited by robin; 03-13-2022 at 08:09 PM. Reason: correct wrong word

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Woke up to cloudy and rainy skies.The day was a mix of sun, clouds, showers and wind. We spent most of it at the pool. Dinner was at Sizzle at the Gloria. We both had burgers and funchi fries. Stu had a beer and I had a margarita. The food and service was very good.
    We enjoyed Sizzles too.

No new movies playing this week that we want to see, so next time

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Funchi Fries !!!!
    Gosh ..... I just love those.
    Oh my.....now I have a craving .... and my tummy is saying "must have Funchi Fries!!"
    My craving for funchi fries is now making me thirsty for a Balashi Magic Mango!
    (darn....I won't return to Aruba until May so this is going to be a long wait to satisfy these cravings - LOL)
    Bella Ruby - a luxury vacation home for your next tropical adventure in Aruba: www.BellaRubyAruba.com
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    Funchi Fries !!!!
    Gosh ..... I just love those.
    Oh my.....now I have a craving .... and my tummy is saying "must have Funchi Fries!!"
    My craving for funchi fries is now making me thirsty for a Balashi Magic Mango!
    (darn....I won't return to Aruba until May so this is going to be a long wait to satisfy these cravings - LOL)
    I had the leftover ones for lunch today with leftover peanut sauce from Yanti. Sooooo gooooood!

Post Thanks / Like
    Since hubby did not have any appointments, we headed to Linda's for breakfast. Stu had a build your own pancake-all veggies and gouda and I had the pineapple, coconut with a shot of coconut rum. We both woke up hungry, which is odd, so it was a perfect day for Linda's. We arrived shortly after they opened and it quickly filled up. I dropped Stu off and headed to SuperFood. Picked up what we needed which wasn't much and headed out the door. The sky had turned very dark and as I started to head to the car, it started to spit and the wind was whipping. I backed up because I had box I wanted to secure and as I did, it poured, really poured. The wind knocked over the hand sanitizer machine. The wind whipped the rain from the roof across to driveway to where the carts are stowed. One woman got stuck waiting it out in there. It was a good 15 minutes until it eased up. Even though I had plans to go elsewhere, I headed back to the condo because the roads were flooded. About an hour later I headed back out to DoIt and couldn't find what I wanted there. Again, I walked out to darkening skies, so I headed back to the condo again. Took care of a bunch of emails I needed to send, completed my morning computer routine, had lunch etc. Around 2, I went out again to Win Tung and found some of the items I was looking for and few I wasn't. Made one more pointless stop and decided to just do the rest tomorrow. Didn't do much other than read and watch TV. Dinner was leftover. Since I did more than half my 10,000 steps in stores, I did the rest after dinner.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had an appointment for 930 for our car inspection. I arrived early and took care of the necessary paperwork, then headed back to the car to get in line for the actually inspection when it started to rain again and I just got inside the car before it poured really hard for about 5 minutes. All went well with the inspection and I headed to Flora and PriceSmart. I had a few more stops, but since I did not eat breakfast, I stopped at the Aruba Experience and picked up something to go. It is really cute in there and I surely want to go back for breakfast. I then headed to Win Tung (about 11;20) for new cushions for outside, but the power was out. I figured it was just the area and head to SuperFood, but realized the kids were outside of the schools and buildings looked dark. I headed back to find out that the power was out on the whole island. Read for awhile and was just dozing off about 1:00 when the power came back on. Reset all the clocks, had lunch and headed to SuperFood, Casa and Win Tung. I think between all the places I found enough stuff to replace our family pictures when renters are here. If not, I'll bring stuff from home next year. Read and played on the computer until dinner. Walked after dinner. I am down about 8 lbs since Feb. 5-hopefully slow and steady will win the weight loss race.