This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Stu and Robin Jan. 21-April 7

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for your loss. My sympathies to you and Stu.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry guys, our prayers are with you and your family.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J&D View Post
    Very sorry to hear about your loss. I unexpectedly lost my sister to a heart issue a couple days before Christmas this year, she was only 56, I still can't get over the shock of it. Take solace in knowing your loved one is in a better place, and that they want you to enjoy your vacation.
    I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. I hope happy memories help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Our son and his gf left liquid detergent in the owner's closet and there must have had a pinhole in it. What a mess.
    Is it warm in the owner closet? We had the same thing happen with a large bottle of Dawn dish detergent. We suspect it was the heat from the external wall that the cupboard under the sink backs on to. We now put anything liquid on a tray or in a bucket as it's happened twice.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Is it warm in the owner closet? We had the same thing happen with a large bottle of Dawn dish detergent. We suspect it was the heat from the external wall that the cupboard under the sink backs on to. We now put anything liquid on a tray or in a bucket as it's happened twice.
    It's not really warm in the closet, but it is on an external wall. Thanks for the idea of putting it on a tray. This is the first time in 5 years we had an issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    So sad to be away when something like this happens. My condolences to you and your family.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you again everyone. We will watch the funeral on Zoom tomorrow at noon Aruba time. Ellen is the first one of "our generation" to pass away on both Stu's side and my side of our families. I guess we will see the cousins on Zoom, maybe.

I slept later than I planned, but was out the door by 930 to run some errands since tomorrow is a holiday and most places will be closed. I still have a few more things to find. I spent most of the day rewashing towels-it looks like someone must have washed jeans with towels-they had a blue tint to them, and taking care of a bunch of other things in the condo. I have to go through all the old bedding(we had 2 full and now have 2 queens) to see what is still good and can be donated for people and what can be donated to one of the dog related organizations. I still have about a 1/2 of work to do.

The painter came by to give us an estimate and an approximate start date. We are having the whole condo-ceiling, walls and trim painted. I am not doing it. I did it once, but not again. Tomorrow I will ask my neighbor help me select the paint color from the 3 colors that her daughter suggested.

Dinner was at Salt & Pepper. We both ordered off of the tapas menu. Like always, it was good as was the service. We just wanted a quick dinner. I will cook tomorrow since Stu has an evening appointment.

Post Thanks / Like
    We are glad that you were not planning on doing the painting at your condo with everything you have to deal with. We are wishing you the best since we know how much it hurts to deal with a death and a funeral. You are in our thoughts and prayers!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Robin and Stu, J&D, so sorry to read of the loss of your loved ones. Prayers of comfort to you all.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I realized last night that my statement "Ellen is the first one of "our generation" to pass away on both Stu's side and my side of our families" was very unfair to my kids, because they already lost their cousin to leukemia in 2015. Additionally, I had three cousins pass away before I was born(2 in the Holocaust and 1 less than 10 weeks old due to a heart defect at birth).