This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip #15 - 5/4-5/19

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m sure there were a lot of disappointed people who didn’t get to watch their GOT!! Glad you got to enjoy your time though.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad your trip was uneventful. Have fun and I can't wait to read your posts.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Have some fun in the sun and thanks for posting.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So many trip reports. YEA!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you arrived safely and are enjoying paradise. Thank you for the update on Playa Linda. We are going to try Chihuahuas in August. I have heard it is very good. We really like Carlitos as well. Nice and close. Any new changes at PlayaLinda? Have a great time meeting up with Walt and Pam. Look forward to next report.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Welcome to Aruba.
    That is a pain re: the online immigration thing.
    Sometimes I feel like, damned if you do and damned if you don't.
    Enjoy your time on Aruba and have fun with Walt and Pam for Cinco celebration.

PS....I did not know Bully was around. I was told he would be on vacation for the first 2 weeks of May.
    Bully told me he is probably going to be away in August but will have one of his colleagues take care of us. Maybe Hubert. We don’t rent a car so Bully has been very accommodating. Thanks so much for giving us the recommendation when we first started vuduting Aruba. He is a gem of a person. Enjoy your day
    Last edited by Sue M.; 05-06-2019 at 08:49 AM.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like

Day 3 - Monday. Tried to sleep in. Really did try but gave up at 5 am. Headed down to the beach and had to settle for 2nd row. Life is tough LOL. Took a nice walk down past the Divi and back then headed up to the room for egg sandwiches. Lunch was from Scots and it did not disappoint. In and out of the water. Tried floating for a while but the winds are strong and I spent most of the time trying to paddle back to shore. I usually anchor down but forgot rope. Water seems cooler than usual. We also did pool aerobics today which was fun with our new buff male instructor. I have never seen the pool so packed... he is a keeper! Lol.

Witnessed a proposal on our beach. It was cute. Our concierge carved out a huge heart in the sand with the big question and when the couple returned from lunch (our maybe a cruise, not sure), he got down on one knee when they approached it. The future bride’s family were looking on. The whole beach cheered when she said yes. Very nice.

Moved to the pool to catch a few happy hour drinks then back to the room. I pursed around while everyone except me, the early riser, took a siesta. Heading off to Azzuro for dinner shortly. Another night with no sunset as the sun just disappeared behind the clouds. Still a beautiful evening and no place I’d rather be :-)

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Sue, not sure when you were here last but the towel hut has been moved to the opposite side of the stairs and coffee is now where it used used to be. Eduardo’s is expanded. It’s still a cluster waiting around to order and pickup but it looks much more efficient for the workers inside. The permanent lobby bar still is not up and running and haven’t seen anyone working on it so not sure what the plans are. They upgraded the WiFi network in March and while it is notably faster in the rooms and resort, I’m experiencing terrible service on the beach. Other than that, everything is great as usual.

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you have to give a credit card for Azzurro reservation or did you do walk in w/ no reservation?

Thank you for sharing your story.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a heads up, the last 2 weeks Old Dirty Bird tacos teamed up with Scotts Brats for.taco Tuesday. You might want to check to see if they are there tomorrow

1 3