This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip #15 - 5/4-5/19

Post Thanks / Like
    We were there our two weeks in August so all this will be new for us. I try to keep up on the member forum. I am anxiously awaiting August. The showers were new last year. Thank you for the information. We had no trouble with the WiFi in our 1 bedroom but the second week we have a studio and they had put a booster in the room for the internet and this seemed to work. Enjoy.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 3 Evening - we went to Azzuro and scored the best seat in the house, on the railing overlooking the full beach. We walked up and made a reservation earlier in the day and they did not request a credit card They were full with no empty tables during the course of our 90 mins or so there... so their new policy doesn’t seem to be hurting them. We had our usual burrata plate as an appetizer and all got the pasta cheese wheel with a side of meatballs. This is the only place I’ve ever ordered spaghetti out and will continue to do so. So indulgent with all the meaty cheese flavor. Yum! We have tons of leftovers as the serving size is so large. Finished up with a nightcap on the balcony while the guys indulged in their one annual cigar.

Day 4 - another early wakening for beach duty. GF came down around 8 and we walked the beach down past the kiteboarding area and back. We shared a salmon bagel from out front. I went to the room and took a little nap before pool aerobics. Was looking forward to Taco Tuesday with ODB tacos at Scots, but they were not here today. We made sandwiches for lunch and enjoyed them on the beach. Walt and Pam stopped by to say hello. I mostly stayed under the palapa resting today. In fact we never moved up to the pool, which is our usual afternoon routine. We just ordered our happy hour drinks from the beach attendant (many).

Headed up to cleanup around 5. The plan was to go to Bugaloe to grab a bite and stay for Joyride Band. We arrived there at 6 and informed no way to get a table without a reservation. There were no seats at the bar and we decided to walk across the street to Salt & Pepper where we shared a pitcher of sangria and an assortment of different tapas. Everything was ok (just ok). Our friends were not impressed at all with the food so I kind of felt bad, but got over it. We walked back to Bugaloe and found out Joyride wasn’t even playing due to illness, Travel Session was filling in. There were still no tables but we grabbed a bucket and hung on one of the side benches. The band was good but it wasn’t the same vibe as usual, they took way too long of a break and lost everyone’s interest. We had couple more drinks and buckets, danced a bit when the band finally returned to the stage, then headed home, proud of ourselves for staying out and partying til the late hour of 9:30. Lol. I skipped the nightcap and hit the sack. GF was a dear and took chickee duty this am. It’s very overcast right now and sprinkling just a bit but I can see the blue sky at the other end of the island so I’m sure these clouds will pass quickly. Time for açaí bowl.....

0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Another great day. It always feels like we have not a care in the world. Aruba does that. Enjoy.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 5 - was a perfect day. All day on the beach. And all night. We ordered pizza and wings from Pizza Bobs ( they delivered) and I made home made sangria. We stayed on the beach for sunset. The beach bar was extra lively for karaoke as Rick Mango ( Jay and the Americans) performed many songs along with other PL guests. When all the professionals departed, our friend gave it a go. Great day and great night!

1 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I just love listening to people doing karaoke. Some of wonderful and, of course, others not so much.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy guys. we are shocked you coudlnt get a front row chickie qet 5am! What time do you have to get up to get one. Great to read you are having a great time. Thanks so much for reports!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for this report. It sounds like you are having a blast. It's so much fun when forum members get together. I'm glad that Azzurro worked out for you. It's one of our favorites, but we skipped it this year, due to the new reservation policy, especially the cancellation policy. We really missed it.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Your trip sounds wonderful! Thanks for posting.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I just love listening to people doing karaoke. Some of wonderful and, of course, others not so much.
    Karaoke at the Surf Club pool today at 3...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Karaoke at the Surf Club pool today at 3...

Ahh, just saw your post and we’ve been napping in the cabana!! Have fun

0 1