This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip 36 report June/July 2022

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe View Post
    I just booked us on Delta first class October 3-17 using 85,000 miles. The airfare is $1255 for first class, and $560 for coach. I’ve been stalking the fare for the past two months and finally purchased today.
    I was spoiled flying 1st class by myself when I met my friends from Boston in Aruba. When my husband and I went in March and this month we flew business class and he loved it. I don’t think I could get him to go back to economy (except maybe the price). I was checking airfare for a Nov. trip ( before Thanksgiving ) and United right now wants $4,400 a person. Yes, a person and it looks like now they only have one flight. I checked Delta ( JFK ) for the same dates and it was like less than $1,400! So the dilemma is book Delta now, wait and see if United out of Newark goes back to 2 daily flights or look at other options. I know it’s a crap shoot trying to figure out what to do. Everyone says book at a price you’re comfortable with. Decisions, decisions.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We too got spoiled flying first class to Aruba but there is only so much we are willing to spend on the fare. For our upcoming September trip we paid a little more than $1800 on United out of Newark for 2 - first class round trip. Got a deal around Black Friday. Now it’s more than double. I would only fly out of Newark to Aruba since the traffic lately is horrendous going over 2 bridges to LGA or JFK. Could take hours! Not worth the stress.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney4555 View Post
    I was spoiled flying 1st class by myself when I met my friends from Boston in Aruba. When my husband and I went in March and this month we flew business class and he loved it. I don’t think I could get him to go back to economy (except maybe the price). I was checking airfare for a Nov. trip ( before Thanksgiving ) and United right now wants $4,400 a person. Yes, a person and it looks like now they only have one flight. I checked Delta ( JFK ) for the same dates and it was like less than $1,400! So the dilemma is book Delta now, wait and see if United out of Newark goes back to 2 daily flights or look at other options. I know it’s a crap shoot trying to figure out what to do. Everyone says book at a price you’re comfortable with. Decisions, decisions.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Today was a mix of pool and beach. We played some beach football...and pool football. We dined at Madero for lunch as usual. I had a burger and and wife had the nachos....CJ skipped lunch outside of eating half my burger as he went to the Ritz for breakfast today...he wanted an omlette and it sounded good to me as well so we went.

Right now CJ is at the gym pumping some weights- lol. T is in shower as we prepare for the second part of our day. We are headed to the bowling alley so CJ can enjoy the arcade then we will head back to the Ritz for dinner. Not sure about gambling tonight I am 50/50 on it.

More later.
    Just finished trip 36 and have trip 37 Booked.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Colette M View Post
    We too got spoiled flying first class to Aruba but there is only so much we are willing to spend on the fare. For our upcoming September trip we paid a little more than $1800 on United out of Newark for 2 - first class round trip. Got a deal around Black Friday. Now it’s more than double. I would only fly out of Newark to Aruba since the traffic lately is horrendous going over 2 bridges to LGA or JFK. Could take hours! Not worth the stress.
    We’re looking to leave on a Sunday morning, so thinking we wouldn’t have to deal with work traffic but still would rather go out of Newark. When I flew by myself ( pre-Covid ) to meet my Boston friends I paid between $860-$1100. I think those fares are like catching lightning in a bottle. Right now it looks like United has only one fight when they used to have two or three. They really are cutting back I guess due to staffing issues.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just relaxing on the balcony as the family starts moving around a bit. Last night we dined over at the Ritz again. The food and service was incredible as always. After dinner we came back and relaxed and played some card games. After that I went over to the Ritz to make a donation in a short amount of time...oh well.

We got some rain this morning but it looks like it wants to clear up. Thinking some poolside bingo maybe in order today- need to run it by the family.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Back on the balcony enjoying leftover spaghetti and meatballs from Casa Nonna- yum!!!! Today has been a super lazy day. CJ said he wanted to relax around our place today for a "rest day" and we are just fine with that. We spent about 4 hours lounging around on of the boardwalk pools- so relaxing! I am thinking about a nap...but time will tell.

I think tonight we will venture over to LaVista at the Marriott for dinner. Their pizza and salad sounds good right now. Not sure it will happen but its a solid maybe, lol. The only plans we actually have currently is to see Andrea and hubby on Weds- other than that we are just relaxing. Trying to schedule a day we take CJ to the go-carts and then out to dinner with one of our island friends. Funny how much of entire vacation revolves around where we are going with who...and where we are dining each night always with a friend if working. We love supporting the people we care about so we do what we can to make it work and enjoy every second of it.

We had the pleasure of chatting with the owners of the Boardwalk today around the tranquil pool. They have done such and amazing job with this property its crazy. We learned that as of 2023 they will be going 12+ for visitors. That said any previous visitor or anyone with a reservation will be exempt from the new rule. They also talked about possibly opening a "familly" location with a similar design....love the changes they are considering or have put into effect.

We are considering booking Xmas/NYE here this year...time will tell.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    New Year’s Eve in the Caribbean has always been a dream of mine! Maybe someday…..
    Your trip so far sounds perfect. No stress, lazy days, naps, great food. What more can anyone wish for?
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We will be in Aruba starting December 22.

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    The holidays in Aruba are the best.

We will see Jay and co on Wednesday.
    Leaving the troops for a couple of hrs will and visiting will be an awesome respite.
    I am dog tired.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Cant wait!!!! We will see you soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    The holidays in Aruba are the best.

We will see Jay and co on Wednesday.
    Leaving the troops for a couple of hrs will and visiting will be an awesome respite.
    I am dog tired.

1 0