This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip report 10-11 to 10-21

Post Thanks / Like

Trip report 10-11 to 10-21

Our day started at 3 am so I’m a little tired so please forgive any spelling or grammatical errors. The car service picked us up at 4:45 to get us to JFK at 5:30 for our 7:53 am flight. No traffic at all- I’m guessing that it’s because today’s Columbia Day and schools are closed. We flew Delta first class so there was only one person ahead of us at check in. This is our first time using Clear with TSA precheck. Breezed right through security. Nice!! The walk to the gate #33 was pretty far. Stopped in the Delta lounge where they were serving scrambled eggs, sausage, home fried, oatmeal, fruit for breakfast along with a selection of muffins, scones and bread. A cup of Starbucks coffee and my brain fog from getting up so darn early started to disappear.
    The ladies room was closed due to a maintenance issue (how comes it never seems to happen to the men’s room?) so us girls had to line up outside the single use family lavatory. The line was getting longer and longer and finally someone knocked on the door and was told, ‘occupied!’ So we all waited some more, and some more until someone said that the person was in the loo for the past 20 minutes. I flagged down one of the Delta hosts and asked him to check on the person to see if she was okay. Turns out she was fine- just putting on her makeup
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like

Trip report 10-11 to 10-21

Our day started at 3 am so I’m a little tired so please forgive any spelling or grammatical errors. The car service picked us up at 4:45 to get us to JFK at 5:30 for our 7:53 am flight. No traffic at all- I’m guessing that it’s because today’s Columbia Day and schools are closed. We flew Delta first class so there was only one person ahead of us at check in. This is our first time using Clear with TSA precheck. Breezed right through security. Nice!! The walk to the gate #33 was pretty far. Stopped in the Delta lounge where they were serving scrambled eggs, sausage, home fried, oatmeal, fruit for breakfast along with a selection of muffins, scones and bread. A cup of Starbucks coffee and my brain fog from getting up so darn early started to disappear.
    The ladies room was closed due to a maintenance issue (how comes it never seems to happen to the men’s room?) so us girls had to line up outside the single use family lavatory. The line was getting longer and longer and finally someone knocked on the door and was told, ‘occupied!’ So we all waited some more, and some more until someone said that the person was in the loo for the past 20 minutes. I flagged down one of the Delta hosts and asked him to check on the person to see if she was okay. Turns out she was fine- just putting on her makeup. Seriously ������
    fWe stopped by the gate desk to show our green check marks again. Agent said you’re good to go and told us to board. The flight was uneventful. Delta has not brought back meals in first class yet but they did hand out pretty decent snack boxes. We had a choice of banana bread with lemon ricotta or coconut chia oatmeal with mango. A good selection of movies to pass the time.
    ‘we landed early around noon and we’re through immigration and customs and we’re checked in to the Ocean Club by 1:15! We’re long time OC owners having purchased when they first opened in 2001.
    Martinis and steak tonight at Ruth Chris cause it’s easy and we can walk there then tomorrow morning we’re off to Lings to stock up on breakfast and lunch food. We’ll eat dinners out and have made reservations for most of the time we’re here.
    Last edited by Tuckahoe; 10-11-2021 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Added more information
    1 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I merged the 2 threads
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Sorry! Still half asleep!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG I am so jealous!!! So glad everything went well. Enjoy. I hope you post your vacation.
    Thanks,
    Diane
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoy your vacation! How are the renovated rooms at the Ocean Club? Heard they are beautiful. Our friends are vacation club owners. When we travel to Aruba together they stay at the Ocean Club and we stay st Marriott Stellaris. Have fun. Hope you have great weather like we had last month!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I laughed at the story about the girl who commandeered the only working bathroom in your wing at the airport for 20 minutes....for makeup! That girl is lucky she made it out of there in one piece as I imagine there were many disgruntled ladies to greet her when she finally emerged from the family lavatory.
    That was such wonderful news that you were checked in to the Ocean Club by 1:15pm - outstanding!!! I'm looking forward to following your posts this week. I hope you have an amazing vacation.
    Bella Ruby - a luxury vacation home for your next tropical adventure in Aruba: www.BellaRubyAruba.com
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The Delta gates are very far at JFK. Once when I took Ms Daisy to Aruba thru Delta she took that long walk and all along kept giving me dirty looks. She asked if I was trying to due her in. I felt so guilty but I didn't know. From that moment on I started ordering wheel chair service for her even though she could walk. Another time with Delta after the long walk when we were ready to board, they loaded us on a bus and it went thru the run away for a quite a few minutes to another terminal. Strange.

Enjoy your trip. Let us know about Ruth Chris as there have been mixed reviews lately. I've only dined at the one in NY Times Square which was wonderful.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Early flights are a pain but it sounds like you guys did great! Excited for you about your trip and reading your trip reports! Enjoy!!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you have a great time! We also bought at the Ocean Club in 2001 and love it! Keep us posted as we all live vicariously through the trip reports of others. Have fun and stay safe.
    0 0