This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...

Post Thanks / Like
    Moving day! Ugh
    I will update from where I left off later today. I Have to be packed and ready to vacate my room by 10 o’clock although my new room might not be ready until 1 o’clock so I have a three hour waiting game with the front desk lol

I will say, however, that the weather has been absolutely gorgeous and it is so nice to have all my friends back here again, unlike last year when it was just me.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Friday morning I threw together a bowl of shrimp ceviche then headed down to the pool. About 11 of us got together for a cookout about 5:30. We had a ridiculous amount of food. Dogs & burgers, 2 pasta salads, Mac & cheese, cheese tray, 7 layer dip... And dessert someone made banana pudding thingies. After dinner Steve hooked up his laptop to the TV and played a slide show of the dives he's done so far this year.

Saturday I headed over to the infinity pool. About 6 Susan and I went to Dushi Burger for dinner. I had the Mexican burger, tomato onion jalapeño and guac & cheese. It came with tortilla chips. Sue had the BBQ burger. Both were very good. We walked around and window shopped and were back home at a reasonable hour.

Sunday was moving day. I asked if they could move me to a first floor unit as my owned week is the second floor and the stairs get me pretty early on. They did better than that and I got a 4th floor studio in the building with the elevator.

Sunday night I took a cab up to Casa Tua and had the caprese and the white pizza. I like the pizza, but would not order that one again. I like my pancetta a bit crispier and the Swiss cheese wasn't ringing my bell. Walked a bit and caught a cab home.

This morning 5 of us went shopping downtown. Parked at Crystal and they all went in to play as I headed to my shoe store. I didn't have any luck there as my feet were swollen so I couldn't really try on shoes. So I went over to Seaport plaza and bought a bracelet instead. After that I walked to West Deck and waited for the girls. I had a cocktail... west sunset I think it was called, and the fried funchi. When they showed up i had the governors salad. 3 others had the salad, 2 had grouper fingers. We ordered a piece of key lime pie and the black & white chocolate mousse cake. EVerything was great and Both desserts were absolutely delicious.

Tonight I went back to fusion and had the shrimp croquett with calamari. I've never had croquette before and I'm still not 100% sure I like them but that calamari was good.

There's more to tell but it's late and I'll write more tomorrow.

1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet you have a nice view from that 4th floor studio!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I've really enjoyed your report, especially the pictures. Thank you also for sharing your sea glass experience...something i would really like to do.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my “art pieces” from Gaby today. The ankle bracelet, pendant and my favorite the dark amber glass made into a bracelet. It looks like a black rock but when you shine a light through it you see the amber color. It is easiest to see when I shine my phone flashlight on the stone but I can’t take a picture with my phone when I do it that way lol so I tried holding it up to the sun and you can see it on the edges at least. She will be across the street tomorrow night at Tamarijn for the Local artist in the lobby. I am excited to go over and see her murano glass work and will probably end up buying a few more pieces from her.

Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-9eca4aa2-4f00-417e-ba4c-ee5498eb579f-jpg Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-e838d168-af9b-463d-a510-2290161b2bb5-jpg

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice! You must have been excited to get them. I’m surprised you found as much glass as you did.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Very nice! You must have been excited to get them. I’m surprised you found as much glass as you did.
    I found more than this and I don’t feel greedy like I took too much. I have some ideas on what to do with the rest when I get home. I’m super excited about that big dark chunk though. I love my bracelet

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Really nice! The dark amber glass is very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    I got my “art pieces” from Gaby today. The ankle bracelet, pendant and my favorite the dark amber glass made into a bracelet. It looks like a black rock but when you shine a light through it you see the amber color. It is easiest to see when I shine my phone flashlight on the stone but I can’t take a picture with my phone when I do it that way lol so I tried holding it up to the sun and you can see it on the edges at least. She will be across the street tomorrow night at Tamarijn for the Local artist in the lobby. I am excited to go over and see her murano glass work and will probably end up buying a few more pieces from her.

Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-9eca4aa2-4f00-417e-ba4c-ee5498eb579f-jpg Trip Report 9/19-10/2/21 - Beach, Pool, Food, Repeat...-e838d168-af9b-463d-a510-2290161b2bb5-jpg
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Laura.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool!!!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: (link forthcoming!)

0 0