This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report 9/20-10/3/20

Post Thanks / Like
    If you do, can you report back on what's going on there? I heard they were renovating the front entrance. Just curious if any other changes or other construction going on.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Salt and Pepper. Once they a Mustard Soup. It sounded so different that we had to try it and it was amazingly good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I like Salt and Pepper. Once they a Mustard Soup. It sounded so different that we had to try it and it was amazingly good.
    A recipe I like and very easy: https://www.thedutchtable.com/2012/12/mosterdsoep.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    If you do, can you report back on what's going on there? I heard they were renovating the front entrance. Just curious if any other changes or other construction going on.
    When I was up there last Monday to go to the spa, the area where the gift shop used to be was all torn up.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooo, that's interesting. Isn't Spa del Sol great? What kind of a massage did you get so I can live vicariously through you? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    When I was up there last Monday to go to the spa, the area where the gift shop used to be was all torn up.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Are usually get the 15 minute relaxing massage but this year I went for the 80 minute relaxing massage. So awesome!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband loves Spa del Sol and always gets the deep tissue massage. His back bothers him often. The difference in how much better he walks after the massage is quite noticeable. As for me, I guess I need too much personal space and can’t get comfortable enough to even consider a massage

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, that long massage is heavenly. Last year I also treated myself to their after-sun aloe cucumber body wrap on my last full day. Try that next trip. It was divine.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    Are usually get the 15 minute relaxing massage but this year I went for the 80 minute relaxing massage. So awesome!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Went over to the beach about eight this morning and pretty much had it to myself until around 10 o’clock. Some dark clouds showed up at the other side of the island in but they never came down this way. Gina came down from ABC and spent a couple hours at the beach here. I went back to my room so I could do my nails and take a little nap before dinner. Kind of a lazy day for me.

Four of us went to MJ tonight for dinner. It was absolutely delicious! The three of them all have plain schnitzel and I had my favorite dish which is no longer on the menu, Dutch tenderloin. It’s grilled pork tenderloin with grilled onions, tomato, cheese and sauce on top. They did a great job and it was fantastic. There was also a great breeze there which I have never experienced at MJ. I tried to get the singer to play some Godsmack, but he said he needed a drummer hahaha. I settled for some Stevie Ray Vaughn.

The three of them had salads before dinner, and I took a look at the dessert menu. The desserts are quite pricey, in my opinion, but I’m on vacation so I ordered a $15.50 piece of coconut cake to bring home. I will put the photos on my Facebook group. Sorry I didn’t turn the flash on for the pork dish so the picture didn’t come out very well. On a sidenote, Christopher, our co-waiter is freaking adorable and smells really good! Ha ha Ha

jay’s is coming to pick up my car tomorrow morning so I probably won’t be venturing out very much more for the rest of this week. Unless I feel like forking over money for a cab, which is quite possible. But honestly, I have enough leftovers in my fridge to last me the rest of this week so I really have no business going out for another dinner. Which means I’ll probably go out for at least two more dinners. Ha ha Ha
    Last edited by Laura in NH; 09-29-2020 at 12:50 PM.
    0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    They also did a raffle at the restaurant for anyone who made a reservation at five, 530, or 6 o’clock. They started it when the new curfew went into place last week. A couple sitting at a table near us won the raffle and the envelope they picked had a $100 voucher in it for their next visit. That’s a great prize to win. Too bad it wasn’t me ha ha Ha
    0 0