This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report 9/20-10/3/20

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Laura, you were sort of on the fence prior to leaving...since this vacation is very different from the others due to the lack of your regular Divi family...... what are your thoughts today?
    i’m glad I still came to Aruba. I feel very safe here pandemic and otherwise. Of course it’s very different without my Aruba family here, but there’s also very few people in general. As you know from my previous posts over the year, I go out alone a lot. I don’t mind that. I enjoy my own company and have no problem going to dinner or movies by myself. What I do miss Is the pool side conversation and catching up with my Aruba family. I also miss going on island adventures with my friend Susan. That is not something I want to do by myself.

I am secretly thankful that there are not many people at the Divi Village Pool because I am not very good at meeting new people anyway. I seriously have resting bitch face so I don’t look approachable. Ha ha Ha

I don’t mind being alone, but I do not like to be alone in a crowd. Does that make any sense? It does to me. Ha ha Ha

the one person who is here and staying at ABC is not someone I know well. I mean she’s part of our Aruba family but we’ve never really done anything together. We would just chat for a minute once in a while by the pool. It has been nice getting to know her better although it turns out we have little in common.

Let’s see if I start going stir crazy during week 2!
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    2 5

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    RBF hahahahahaha. me too!

thanks for replying and I really get it!

I admire your bravery.
    I really admire that folks can and will do things alone!
    0 2

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m with you, Laura. I too enjoy my own company and sometimes prefer it LOL No problem doing things alone

Glad your trip is relaxing.

0 1

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning Laura,

I love your comments on being in Aruba on your own during these unusual times. I think so many of your forum friends, including me, can so readily relate to what you are saying.

Being able to able to enjoy all the things Aruba has to offer, but in a much quieter, less crowded atmosphere sounds wonderful. It almost sounds like Aruba about 30 years ago.

Like you, I am very comfortable in my own company. When I'm sitting on the bench outside Little Switzerland, I try to look enigmatic. My wife says I just look vacant.

Planning is not something we're really supposed to do while we are in Aruba, but any ideas for dinner tonight?

To answer your last point about going stir crazy next week; no, you won't. You'll just enjoy being in our favourite island for another week.

Have a super day and enjoy yourself.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    RBF hahahahahaha. me too!

thanks for replying and I really get it!

I admire your bravery.
    I really admire that folks can and will do things alone!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Solo vacations are often the best vacations and Aruba is a great place to do it. Nothing better than having the ocean or pool to yourself.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too! I usually do travel alone. Even if I travel with a friend or family, i'll usually tack on a few days before or after for some quality "alone" time.

Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    I’m with you, Laura. I too enjoy my own company and sometimes prefer it LOL No problem doing things alone

Glad your trip is relaxing.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m thinking Casa Tua at Arawak Garden for dinner. I was checking the menu and at this have narrowed it down to pizza or linguini & clams. It’s been so long since I drove up that way I hope I can remember where to park
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    I’m thinking Casa Tua at Arawak Garden for dinner. I was checking the menu and at this have narrowed it down to pizza or linguini & clams. It’s been so long since I drove up that way I hope I can remember where to park
    the have a parking lot behind where all of the kiosks are I think it costs 1.00
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am on my phone using talk text, so forgive me if I miss a weird auto correct in this post. I spent the day at the little pool it was cloudy and sprinkled for about five minutes, but it was nice to be out and not baking in the hot sun for one day. I took a cab up to Casa Tua for dinner. I waited 20 minutes outside the lobby after the desk attendant called for a cab. Another couple was also waiting for a cab to go to Giovanni’s so I told them I had already been waiting 20 minutes and if they didn’t mind sharing a cab with me they were more than welcome to so we rode up together. Turns out today is her birthday so I paid for the cabin even though he wanted to split it.

I ordered a glass of Muscato and the buffalo bruschetta. The appetizer was delicious and I could have just ordered a couple of those and been very happy. Ha ha Ha I ended up getting the penne with vodka sauce and I regret not ordering a pizza. The pasta was delicious but it wasn’t what I was craving. I was going to walk around a little bit but I decided to just grab a cab and head back home for the night. So here I am sitting on my balcony in the nice breeze.

I have a piece of caramel cake that I bought at Ling & Sons bakery yesterday and I will probably dive into that in a few minutes along with a glass of Baileys. I plan on going to Linda’s for pancakes tomorrow and then spending the day by the pool
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Your solo trip sounds awesome - you do what you want when you want to - you eat where you want - everything on your own terms. Don't get me wrong, I like having a travel partner but sometimes are interests are just not the same. We have gotten better about doing our own thing during trips - much better than we used to be.

Thank you so much for sharing your adventures and relaxation. Trip reports like yours get me so excited for our upcoming travels, especially on days when I question our decision to go.
    0 1