This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report 9/20-10/3/20

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ya when you want pizza and get pasta...........you still want pizza!

as Tracey said, your trip sounds awesome.

I gotta hand it to you. I admire your independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    I am on my phone using talk text, so forgive me if I miss a weird auto correct in this post. I spent the day at the little pool it was cloudy and sprinkled for about five minutes, but it was nice to be out and not baking in the hot sun for one day. I took a cab up to Casa Tua for dinner. I waited 20 minutes outside the lobby after the desk attendant called for a cab. Another couple was also waiting for a cab to go to Giovanni’s so I told them I had already been waiting 20 minutes and if they didn’t mind sharing a cab with me they were more than welcome to so we rode up together. Turns out today is her birthday so I paid for the cabin even though he wanted to split it.

I ordered a glass of Muscato and the buffalo bruschetta. The appetizer was delicious and I could have just ordered a couple of those and been very happy. Ha ha Ha I ended up getting the penne with vodka sauce and I regret not ordering a pizza. The pasta was delicious but it wasn’t what I was craving. I was going to walk around a little bit but I decided to just grab a cab and head back home for the night. So here I am sitting on my balcony in the nice breeze.

I have a piece of caramel cake that I bought at Ling & Sons bakery yesterday and I will probably dive into that in a few minutes along with a glass of Baileys. I plan on going to Linda’s for pancakes tomorrow and then spending the day by the pool
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay for you! I love hearing about all of your adventures. Thank you for sharing with us!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Laura, glad you are enjoying yourself
    We like to be by ourselves as well. Will socialize with people for a bit
    But that is it. Unless we know you we tend to stick to ourselves
    Pizza and pasta is good
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to Linda’s for pancakes this morning and then spend the day at the infinity and take a village pools. I took a ride up to the high-rise area and went to Smokey Joe’s for some ribs for dinner. The ribs were great! Very meaty and I love the sauce on the original ribs there. I was able to park for free in the lot behind Hooters and walked up the strip. I bought my Aruba flag facemask and was back in my room by 830. Now I’m out on the balcony with my bourbon and cigar, a tradition that I usually share with friends. But this year I am doing it solo.

Did I tell you I get to stay in my one bedroom unit for next week? When I went down to ask them about moving tomorrow the desk agent said he didn’t know why they were moving me since nobody was coming into this room this week and I told him that my week 39 room is a studio. I told him that if they didn’t make me pay the maintenance fee I’d be happy to stay in the bedroom he said if you pay the one bedroom taxes, then you can stay there. So I don’t have to move tomorrow! Yay for me.

I think the weekly tax difference for the one bedroom is around $45. It’s worth it to me to pay $45 not to have to pack everything up and move to a room where I have to climb stairs.

tonight is the first night I feel like going out at 9:00, so it’s the first night that the curfew is annoying me ...hopefully it’s the last night that the curfew annoys me as well. Ha ha Ha
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry for the annoyance of the curfew........but you have your drink and cigar

glad to read that Smokey Joes was good.
    Paul loves the ribs there, but we rarely eat in the Palm Beach strip area.

having the 1 bedroom for an additional week without a move is well worth that $45.
    packing up to move during a vacation is indeed a pain.

thank you!!

Went to Linda’s for pancakes this morning and then spend the day at the infinity and take a village pools. I took a ride up to the high-rise area and went to Smokey Joe’s for some ribs for dinner. The ribs were great! Very meaty and I love the sauce on the original ribs there. I was able to park for free in the lot behind Hooters and walked up the strip. I bought my Aruba flag facemask and was back in my room by 830. Now I’m out on the balcony with my bourbon and cigar, a tradition that I usually share with friends. But this year I am doing it solo.

Did I tell you I get to stay in my one bedroom unit for next week? When I went down to ask them about moving tomorrow the desk agent said he didn’t know why they were moving me since nobody was coming into this room this week and I told him that my week 39 room is a studio. I told him that if they didn’t make me pay the maintenance fee I’d be happy to stay in the bedroom he said if you pay the one bedroom taxes, then you can stay there. So I don’t have to move tomorrow! Yay for me.

I think the weekly tax difference for the one bedroom is around $45. It’s worth it to me to pay $45 not to have to pack everything up and move to a room where I have to climb stairs.

tonight is the first night I feel like going out at 9:00, so it’s the first night that the curfew is annoying me ...hopefully it’s the last night that the curfew annoys me as well. Ha ha Ha
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not typically a smoker, but I do enjoy a cigar or two in Aruba. I'm thinking a nice bourbon with a cigar on the balcony will be a good way to end a day in Aruba.
    I appreciate you telling us the good and the not so good parts of the trip - sorry you were annoyed with the curfew. My advice - day drinking...LOL.
    0 2

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning Laura,

Glad to read that your Aruba solo trip is going so well and that you are really enjoying yourself. As you said in one of your first TR's, you're comfortable in your own company.

Sitting on your balcony in Aruba, bourbon in one hand and cigar in the other. Life at its very best I would say.

Linda's is one our favourite places. We usually go at least twice during the week we are there. A plain Dutch pancake with cane syrup and chocolate chips because a person should never have to choose.

The curfew, as Andrea points out, is an annoyance but that's all it is.

Have a wonderful day Laura.

Glenn

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Night 7 was the first time curfew annoyed me, so I’m doing very well. I saw on FB many people were canceling simply because of the new curfew. Totally not something that would (obviously) deter me from my vacation!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Can’t believe a week has already gone by.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Can’t believe a week has already gone by.
    Tell me about it!!
    0 2