This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report 9/20-10/3/20

Post Thanks / Like
    Went to Laing and Sons this morning and picked up a few items I’m going to need to carry me through this week. I turn my car in Tuesday morning so I wanna make sure I have enough stuff. The ocean was so calm today that I spent the better part of the day at the beach. I could actually get in and out of the water across the street without making a total fool of myself for a change. Quite a few people checked in today, well compared to last week anyway. So I may not have sole possession of the swimming pool this week. Ha ha Ha.

I decided to go back up to the strip and go to salt and pepper for dinner. I really wanted to go to the chophouse, but they are not open as far as I can tail. I have not been to salt and pepper in about eight years and I was prepared to be underwhelmed. However, much to my surprise, the food was delicious and I’m glad I went. I had to push out a witch had a pesto that wasn’t over a garlicky, mushrooms that were sautéed with onions and bacon and Parmesan. They were absolutely delicious. I would order three dishes of those if I could. And I had the fried calamari which was crisp and tender. I would definitely go back again. Word to the wise, however, I went just before sunset and the flies were absolutely unbearable. But as soon as the sun set the flies were gone and the mosquitoes came out. Ha ha Ha

i’m back in my room by 8 o’clock with my glass of Baileys hoping that my TV show is going to be on tonight at its regular time and not running late because of football. But, ‘tis the season. I’m hoping the beach is as nice tomorrow because I plan on spending all day there again.

I forgot I created that Facebook group last year for my photos. I know not all of you’re on Facebook but I have a hard time posting photos here from my phone and will have to wait until I get home on my laptop. But if you still have access to the group I have posted the photos that are on my phone so far. Most of them are food. The scenery pictures are on my regular camera and I can’t download those until I get home.
    Last edited by Laura in NH; 09-27-2020 at 09:39 PM.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    we have not been to salt n pepper in many years.
    flies or mosquitos.....both annoying

I hope that the census increases at your resort.
    Have there been any water aerobic classes at either the front small pool or the one at the Links?

Could you post the link to the FB page for photos or is it a closed group?

Thanks and enjoy

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    For some reason it won’t let me copy and paste the link when I’m on my phone. The link is on page 8 of last year’s trip report which is on the bottom of page 2 of my Aruba story. Andrea if you want to copy and paste the link here that’s fine
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! The pics for this year are in the album named 2020 phone pics. Very creative, I know

apparently I named it 2021 ...darn that Bailey’s!
    Last edited by Laura in NH; 09-28-2020 at 01:46 PM.
    2 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Walt!!
    thanks Laura!!

great photos of outstanding looking food and drink.
    I am sipping my coffee and thinking that Aruba is still a long almost 2 months away.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-28-2020 at 09:13 AM.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loving your report Laura. Your dinner at Salt and Pepper sounds great, I like that place. Sorry about the Chophouse, it has become a must go for me every trip. I hope they are open in November.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    Went to Laing and Sons this morning and picked up a few items I’m going to need to carry me through this week. I turn my car in Tuesday morning so I wanna make sure I have enough stuff. The ocean was so calm today that I spent the better part of the day at the beach. I could actually get in and out of the water across the street without making a total fool of myself for a change. Quite a few people checked in today, well compared to last week anyway. So I may not have sole possession of the swimming pool this week. Ha ha Ha.

I decided to go back up to the strip and go to salt and pepper for dinner. I really wanted to go to the chophouse, but they are not open as far as I can tail. I have not been to salt and pepper in about eight years and I was prepared to be underwhelmed. However, much to my surprise, the food was delicious and I’m glad I went. I had to push out a witch had a pesto that wasn’t over a garlicky, mushrooms that were sautéed with onions and bacon and Parmesan. They were absolutely delicious. I would order three dishes of those if I could. And I had the fried calamari which was crisp and tender. I would definitely go back again. Word to the wise, however, I went just before sunset and the flies were absolutely unbearable. But as soon as the sun set the flies were gone and the mosquitoes came out. Ha ha Ha

i’m back in my room by 8 o’clock with my glass of Baileys hoping that my TV show is going to be on tonight at its regular time and not running late because of football. But, ‘tis the season. I’m hoping the beach is as nice tomorrow because I plan on spending all day there again.

I forgot I created that Facebook group last year for my photos. I know not all of you’re on Facebook but I have a hard time posting photos here from my phone and will have to wait until I get home on my laptop. But if you still have access to the group I have posted the photos that are on my phone so far. Most of them are food. The scenery pictures are on my regular camera and I can’t download those until I get home.
    Just a question, do you get PBS on the satellite tv?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The physical indoor restaurant is closed. But you can dine at Ike's Bistro at Manchebo and apparently order from all three restaurant menus. Some of the Chophouse waitstaff, including Harold, are serving at Ike's.

Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Loving your report Laura. Your dinner at Salt and Pepper sounds great, I like that place. Sorry about the Chophouse, it has become a must go for me every trip. I hope they are open in November.
    1 4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    The physical indoor restaurant is closed. But you can dine at Ike's Bistro at Manchebo and apparently order from all three restaurant menus. Some of the Chophouse waitstaff, including Harold, are serving at Ike's.

good to know! Maybe I’ll venture up that way tomorrow night
    0 0