This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report Dec. 27-March 28

Post Thanks / Like

Trip Report Dec. 27-March 28

It is just before 6 am we're sitting in the Centurion Lounge at PHL. We spent last night at the Renaissance Hotel near the airport. Our room was huge(first time at this hotel), had bar, quiet heater, a bit dated and very close to the airport. We decided to give the full 3 hours for international flights because we knew that since TSA wasn't utilizing overtime, we weren't sure about staffing. We were shocked how quiet it was knowing we do have a full flight and seeing the list of flights going out today. We did use a skycap because we had 4 large bags that were checked. Hopefully, this will be the last year we travel with so much. From the time we left the hotel to we got into the lounge was only 20 minutes! Our flight is at 8:40 and we both have aisle seats across from each other-just how we like it-neither of like being in the middle or by the seat. Time for some mimosas.

2 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe travels! You will be enjoying that warm Aruba sun in no time!!! Kind of jealous!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe travels. Are you really going for 3 months?

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    enjoy those mimosas!

does your condo have a closet that can be locked so that you can leave personal items (let's say clothing) that you do not want to schlep back and for the each time?

safe and easy travels!
    I am betting that you are boarding as I type.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sitting at Casa Tua by the Renaissance. Full flight and a little bumpy for the first 30minutes. We arrived at 1:50 instead of 2:25. We were the only flight in. I think there was a Jet Blue loading up. Breezed through customs and the luggage came right out. Grabbed a taxi to the Toyota dealership where our storage unit is. The car which was on a trickle charger started right up. We were out of the garage and on the street before 2:40. This has been the easiest trip so far. I hope I’m not jinxing myself by saying that.

1 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likey like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Sitting at Casa Tua by the Renaissance. Full flight and a little bumpy for the first 30minutes. We arrived at 1:50 instead of 2:25. We were the only flight in. I think there was a Jet Blue loading up. Breezed through customs and the luggage came right out. Grabbed a taxi to the Toyota dealership where our storage unit is. The car which was on a trickle charger started right up. We were out of the garage and on the street before 2:40. This has been the easiest trip so far. I hope I’m not jinxing myself by saying that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes we have an owners closet and it is big. We had some more canvas prints from our photo s for the walls, abeach cart, more beach towels (since I’m selling our condo at the shore I have way too many), a slipcover for a chair that is ugly, rafts, raft pump, two shadow boxes, clothing, personal care items, some kitchen stuff I needed and took from our shore condo. We get $200 a year travel credits so it really didn’t cost us anything to bring all that stuff
    Last edited by robin; 12-27-2018 at 06:32 PM. Reason: typo

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh can't wait for your trip reports Robin!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Lunch at Casa Tua was great. I had the Mediterranean Trio-Hummus, Babaganoush and Tzaziki with pita and hubby had the Eggplant and goat cheese bruschetta. We checked into LaCabana for the one night. We were on the 4th floor on the Amsterdam Manor side. The room was very nice and the view was great, but there was a slight odor from the treatment plant. We went to Happy Hour.There was a band playing. Stu was talking to a guy next to him but I couldn't hear much because the band was loud. There were a group of young guys next to me having a good time, so I just drank my margaritas. We went to Islander Grill for a light dinner and then back to the room. We sat outside as the odor was gone, but we were both very tired since we only had a few hours of sleep the night before we headed inside to watch some TV. We struggled to stay awake and gave up about 10-10:30.

Breakfast was Cinnabon by the pool. We packed up and decide to take care of some stuff-Setar for recharging my phone and data, then to the realtor for some paperwork, bank to get florins to pay for our car registration(but had ATM issues), and then a light lunch at Yanti-I love their peanut sauce and the food is always good. Next we went to the Renaissance. We are selling our timeshare there and needed to get some info. They got rid of their golf cart for a really cute, golf cart on steroids-with doors. Stopped in the rum store, Superfoods and finally checked into the Riu timeshare. It is a one bedroom, first floor. We have our own lounge chairs outside our door that face the beach with fake grass and railings with a gate-very nice. I sitting on a lounge chair now and we listening to music from Bugaloe. The room needs help-dated, the sofa sinks in toward the back I think because the sofa bed doesn't close right. You have to go up a few steps to get to the bathroom-I hope I don't fall during the night. We walked to Salt and Pepper for dinner. We shared a pitcher of Sangria and both had the special-Cream of Mustard Soup-so good, wahoo with creole sauce, veggies, potatoes or rice(we could not finish), and a Belgian waffle with ice cream for dessert-I just ate the ice cream-too stuffed to eat the waffle plus mine was a dried out but hubby's was perfect. We wandered back and are enjoying the warm weather, music and breeze.

0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for sharing.
    perfect description about the renaissance shuttle cart..."on steroids" hahahaha

years ago, I cannot remember how many, but it was many.......when the Riu was the Grand. it had to be in the late 1990s.
    we stayed in one of those first floor one bedroom units and my thoughts about the bathroom were the same as yours.
    I was worried abut falling.

are you there now for a week until your condo is vacant ?

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Lunch at Casa Tua was great. I had the Mediterranean Trio-Hummus, Babaganoush and Tzaziki with pita and hubby had the Eggplant and goat cheese bruschetta. We checked into LaCabana for the one night. We were on the 4th floor on the Amsterdam Manor side. The room was very nice and the view was great, but there was a slight odor from the treatment plant. We went to Happy Hour.There was a band playing. Stu was talking to a guy next to him but I couldn't hear much because the band was loud. There were a group of young guys next to me having a good time, so I just drank my margaritas. We went to Islander Grill for a light dinner and then back to the room. We sat outside as the odor was gone, but we were both very tired since we only had a few hours of sleep the night before we headed inside to watch some TV. We struggled to stay awake and gave up about 10-10:30.

Breakfast was Cinnabon by the pool. We packed up and decide to take care of some stuff-Setar for recharging my phone and data, then to the realtor for some paperwork, bank to get florins to pay for our car registration(but had ATM issues), and then a light lunch at Yanti-I love their peanut sauce and the food is always good. Next we went to the Renaissance. We are selling our timeshare there and needed to get some info. They got rid of their golf cart for a really cute, golf cart on steroids-with doors. Stopped in the rum store, Superfoods and finally checked into the Riu timeshare. It is a one bedroom, first floor. We have our own lounge chairs outside our door that face the beach with fake grass and railings with a gate-very nice. I sitting on a lounge chair now and we listening to music from Bugaloe. The room needs help-dated, the sofa sinks in toward the back I think because the sofa bed doesn't close right. You have to go up a few steps to get to the bathroom-I hope I don't fall during the night. We walked to Salt and Pepper for dinner. We shared a pitcher of Sangria and both had the special-Cream of Mustard Soup-so good, wahoo with creole sauce, veggies, potatoes or rice(we could not finish), and a Belgian waffle with ice cream for dessert-I just ate the ice cream-too stuffed to eat the waffle plus mine was a dried out but hubby's was perfect. We wandered back and are enjoying the warm weather, music and breeze.