This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report January 6-April 1, 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    We really liked Amuse’s new bbq spot. Try their crunchy cole slaw

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    This morning I went out looking, believe it or not, for temporary tattoos. Yes, the type the kids use. We are going on the trikes tomorrow pm with friends. He keeps asking where he can buy Cracker Jacks because he "needs" a tattoo to ride. It only took two toys stores to find some, but they are of cars, trucks, etc. At least I didn't get the girly one that had unicorns, bows, etc. but I seriously thought about it. The next stop was to check out the new automatic car wash. My car needs a bath, but I didn't feel like waiting this morning since my class has a dirt driveway/parking area. I will go back in the am. Since I was in the area, I stopped in for some rum. They moved a few doors down to a much bigger shop. I came home with chocolate, white chocolate and Aruban Joy. Read while my computer updated and the washer ran, had a quick lunch and went to class. Made falafel for dinner because it is quick, finished the touch up painting and currently waiting for the last load in the dryer to finish before opening one of the bottles.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trip Report January 6-April 1, 2020-ddfe191c-e917-4ca6-8a2b-e27c9e81eeda-jpgRobin when I turned 60 my nieces took me to a tattoo parlor and I got a kitty on my arm.
    It s cute
    Now I want a shamrock on my other arm.

Have fun!!!
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 02-05-2020 at 11:11 PM.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Trip Report January 6-April 1, 2020-ddfe191c-e917-4ca6-8a2b-e27c9e81eeda-jpgRobin when I turned 60 my nieces took me to a tattoo parlor and I got a kitty on my arm.

Now I want a shamrock on my other arm.

Have fun!!!
    This guy drives a truck for a living. I can't see him with a kitty on his arm. I do love yours though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny posts-Thanks
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the idea of Cracker Jack tattoos. Maybe you’ll be inspired to get a real one.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I love the idea of Cracker Jack tattoos. Maybe you’ll be inspired to get a real one.
    Tattoos are a huge turn off for my hubby.

Post Thanks / Like
    This morning after taking care of some house keeping, I headed out to get gas, then Win Tung to get what I forgot earlier in the week, and thenKa to the new automatic car wash. They did a nice job.

After lunch we meet our friends, Karen and Chuck for our pick up for the trikes. Karen was able to get a few of the tattoos on Chuck, but since he had sunscreen on they did not stick very well. We were the only ones in the group and we had a blast. First stop was the Lighthouse, then to Alto Vista. No one was there visiting. Karen and Chuck had not been there before. Next stop was Casabari then on to Mango Halto. Back on to the highway and to Eagle Beach, Palm Beach and finally back to their office. Once back at Oceania we met at the pool for drinks before heading in to our condos for dinner. We really had a great time and it was fun to see the island not being in the driver's seat. This was Karen and Chuck's third visit and they had not see several areas we went through today. Next year we will rent a jeep together for a few days and really show them the north side of the island. Stu has a meeting tonight and I'm going to work on a list of places to go on the island. Stu has clients coming in on a cruise ship tomorrow and we will be showing them around. They were here 20 years ago.

I added a bunch of new pictures-some I took and some I pulled off of the trike website. I still have to get Karen's pictures and give her mine.

A few constructions notes:

The work continues on the lot next to us. The swimming pool is gone as are most of the concrete columns. They are really working on preparing to build the St. Regis. They are also working on putting up the green board on the Embassy Suites. I am also starting to see more progress on O Condominiums. They continue to work on upgrades to the walkway along Irausquin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the trikes! I'm thinking Pam and I might each get our own this next trip.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Today we picked up clients of Stu's who came in on a cruise ship at 10. They were here like 20 years ago. We came back to the condo driving through Eagle Beach because I had missed a step when I added my new data car and wanted to get it right before heading out and they wanted to see the condo.She wanted to see animals, so we headed to Phillip's Animal Farm. There was one little goat that was not in a pen and it followed us for while. Lots of baby animals this time around. We went to lunch at Bingos and then dropped them off at the port. Once back home, I headed to the pool and were joined later by friends and Stu. Dinner was left overs because didn't plan anything.