This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report January 6-April 1, 2020

Post Thanks / Like
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! How on earth did you find this? Thanks. I have to share it with our friends.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ship tracking it’s now off of curaçao
    0 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Wow! How on earth did you find this? Thanks. I have to share it with our friends.

That yacht has been anchored in the Renaissance Marina for several days. I noticed this morning that it was gone. Lucky, thanks for the link. Now we can get the grand tour.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool yaught. Everyone was talking about it. We are checking dates to hook up from Robin’s email. Sean is waiting to hear from fishing captain. Wind has been a factor.
    thanks Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Busy day. I went down to the pool around 10 and read and chatted until 1230. Headed up and had lunch and a shower and headed to the mosaic class. This project is really much more difficult than last year. I left early because we had dinner reservations at 6:00. A quick shower and then our friends came over and we went to Gianni's. We had been leery about trying an Italian place that large, but very a good friend from home who was born in Italy loves it, so we had to try it. Stu and I each had the cheese wheel pasta and split gnocchi with chicken-tons of leftover food. All of it was great. Our friends had soup and calamari. They didn't think the calamari was great, but liked the soup. One had the rigatoni dish and the other filet with mushroom sauce and they both were impressed. Deserts were tiramisu, chocolate salami, cheesecake and creme brulee. We thought the desserts were not as good as the meal. We walked a round a little because our friends have not been down that way before even though it is their 3rd trip here. Next was Aruba Ray at the Holiday Inn. It is in a much bigger room than at the Marriott and about 2-3x the people. Ray Ellin aka Aruba Ray, Brian Scott McFadden, Lenny Marcus and Kathleen Dunbar were all excellent. We had a great time. Tomorrow is their last night here because Ray is directing a Comedy Central show starting the 21st.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your sooo right! The picture does not do the yacht any justice....its actually 160 feet long or half a football field!

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Not much happening. Some housework then time at the pool by 1045. It was very windy again today. Our beach bum friends came to the pool around lunchtime today because they just couldn't deal with eating sand. Other friends joined us too then hubby came down. Hung at the pool until it was time to make dinner-Taco(salad) Tuesday's. Two friends leave tomorrow(two sisters) but one comes back with her husband in two weeks. Our other friends leave Saturday. They also informed us today that they are not staying at Oceania next year, but rather renting a house on Rt. 2. They plan on spending most their 5 weeks here, just not staying here due to issues with their current rental. We did have a surprise today. A huge yacht anchored off Eagle Beach and ferried it's passengers to the beach in a smaller boat(I didn't see that happen, but my friend did). I put a picture of it in my pictures, but it really doesn't do it justice.

Post Thanks / Like
    This morning I took our friends to try to find the place they want to rent next year. We were unable to find it, but they only had an area and not an address. We did see some really nice home on newly paved streets in Kamay. Stopped in at DoIt and Superfoods on the way back. I headed to the pool after lunch. The wind was really whipping again. Our friends even left the beach and came to the pool. Spent the rest of the afternoon chatting with various regulars and some new people. Dinner was the two of us on the beach. It was challenging because even though the winds had lessened, it still was strong. There was a small wedding too. Finally made it back up to the condo around 8 after being stopped by the pool and asked a bunch of questions by two couples who just arrived.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like Oceania is a very friendly place - that's great! Thank you for sharing your days with us.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting day so far. My upstairs neighbor's cousin was driving her car and had an accident yesterday morning. She had no idea where her badly damaged car was as of 5pm yesterday. Our wonderful security guard gave her some good info while we were at the pool yesterday. I told her I'd come up and help her make some calls in the am. Went up three times, but she didn't answer because they had been calling her trying to dictate but using the info from the guard, she didn't back down to the insurance company. Finally they arranged to pick her up at 230 and take her to pay the deductible(nothing happens until you pay) and get her a car. She wanted it brought to her and they said no. We agreed I'd go with her, but first we went to the pool because she needs to do some PT and needed help entering the pool. After lunch I headed upstairs to wait. After several calls, they finally showed up here at 345 with all the paper work and the car-we didn't have to go anywhere. I helped her get used to the car and then the insurance company calls me back and says they forgot to do some of the a paperwork. I just came back up from helping with that. The insurance pretty much drove us crazy today, but I did learn some valuable information I hope I never have to use. It was also a distraction from bad news we heard from home today about a very close friend, who is more like family than a friend. Hopefully what I read online about what he has is true and he'll be fine. We are headed to Papimento for dinner.