This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can honestly say that this puppy, now age 1, made covid life easier.
    Paul and I are OLD and the beast is exhausting.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Thanks, Walt. No... we decided no more digs after Roger. It was a train wreck. I couldn't live through that again.
    I understand, we lost a Cockapoo and a Weimaraner within a year of each other. We haven't had a dog since, that was 1986.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday was the weekly sojourn into the bowels of hell: grocery shopping.

Ling's: no gravy spoon joy but did find fragrance-free hand soap. So... WIN!
    Superfood: Here's all you need to know: "BACK THE $%^ UP, BUDDY!!"

Ugh. Seriously: this madness needs to end.

Speaking of shopping, we've been through three garden hoses:

1) Price Smart - a Flexon number with a "lifetime warranty" (it's says so right on the packaging). After four weeks of light use, the thing ruptured at a kink point. Took it back to PS and I was told, "Sorry, it's been thirty-two days." "It has a lifetime warranty <<show the packaging I held onto>>" "Not in Aruba.... only in the USA."

Thus ends our relationship with PriceSmart.

2) Kooyman: Decided to go "all in" on a really expensive rubber hose from Max Lite. One week in, the hose ruptured at the tap end. Took it back, did some return gymnastics with customer service. Manager: "This can't be! It's our best hose!" Oh... it can be, manager: here's exhibit A. Had to take cash even though I paid with credit card. I won't get into the of insanity of cash right now. Went on my way thinking, "Maybe I'll just pour water on the garden with a bucket."

3) Flora: why I didn't start here is beyond me. A wonderful guy, Emil, helped me out and gave me a surprising education about garden hoses (who knew?!?) and I was off and running with an industrial strength Gardena 25 m hose. All good for the last few months. I just used it to spray the ubiquitous birds from the roof. From here on out, Emil and Flora get all our landscape/gardening business. It might cost a bit more but they've never steered us wrong in our interactions with them. That and it's an "interesting" place to look around. Especially at Christmas where nothing says "Xmas" like the Crusades and a Victorian "dandy":

Two Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...-flora2-jpgTwo Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...-flora1-jpg
    0 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those mannequins are horrifying. LOL
    Yesterday was the weekly sojourn into the bowels of hell: grocery shopping.

Ling's: no gravy spoon joy but did find fragrance-free hand soap. So... WIN!
    Superfood: Here's all you need to know: "BACK THE $%^ UP, BUDDY!!"

Ugh. Seriously: this madness needs to end.

Speaking of shopping, we've been through three garden hoses:

1) Price Smart - a Flexon number with a "lifetime warranty" (it's says so right on the packaging). After four weeks of light use, the thing ruptured at a kink point. Took it back to PS and I was told, "Sorry, it's been thirty-two days." "It has a lifetime warranty <<show the packaging I held onto>>" "Not in Aruba.... only in the USA."

Thus ends our relationship with PriceSmart.

2) Kooyman: Decided to go "all in" on a really expensive rubber hose from Max Lite. One week in, the hose ruptured at the tap end. Took it back, did some return gymnastics with customer service. Manager: "This can't be! It's our best hose!" Oh... it can be, manager: here's exhibit A. Had to take cash even though I paid with credit card. I won't get into the of insanity of cash right now. Went on my way thinking, "Maybe I'll just pour water on the garden with a bucket."

3) Flora: why I didn't start here is beyond me. A wonderful guy, Emil, helped me out and gave me a surprising education about garden hoses (who knew?!?) and I was off and running with an industrial strength Gardena 25 m hose. All good for the last few months. I just used it to spray the ubiquitous birds from the roof. From here on out, Emil and Flora get all our landscape/gardening business. It might cost a bit more but they've never steered us wrong in our interactions with them. That and it's an "interesting" place to look around. Especially at Christmas where nothing says "Xmas" like the Crusades and a Victorian "dandy":

Two Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...-flora2-jpgTwo Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...-flora1-jpg

0 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Right?!? And I didn't post the video of the creepy talking tree...
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    a few years ago they had a Santa/Father Christmas mannequin/display thingy.
    he had weird eyes.
    the right eye was looking to the right and the left eye slightly toward the left and looking down.
    really creepy.
    Paul and I looked at each other and both said at the same time to each other. "pedophile".
    seriously , the display was so creepy it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like that Santa was too drunk to drive his sleigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    a few years ago they had a Santa/Father Christmas mannequin/display thingy.
    he had weird eyes.
    the right eye was looking to the right and the left eye slightly toward the left and looking down.
    really creepy.
    Paul and I looked at each other and both said at the same time to each other. "pedophile".
    seriously , the display was so creepy it was funny.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Not that's creepy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp3HVHkklRA

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We have always had good service, info and products when dealing with Flora and we especially like Emil. In addition to plants, etc we purchased our dining room table there 12 years ago...I love it today as much as I did then. A few years ago i spent a long time in island Asia looking for a simple glass pitcher...only had plastic. Over to Flora for something else and what do you know....a glass pitcher called to me!! Good price also! My best friend visits us every year (well not 2020) and her only request other than beach every day is 'a trip to Flora'. As to Christmas display....yup.....they have moved to a new level the past couple of years....lol!
    0 1