This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...

Post Thanks / Like
    I've missed your posts - so good to hear from you!
    Darlene
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Hatteras... thank you. I hope you're well. Yeah, we're very lucky to have been down here. Toronto is a mess!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG! OMG OMG! How does one respond? act1966 is at it again!

We often wonder how you two are doing, since you became David Copperfield

So glad that the two of you have satisfied your dream of escaping the cold of winter and spending it at your home...a COVID upside, if there is such a thing.

We had planned on going for six weeks, arriving a week ago, but the wife was to anxious about the herd of air travelers, so we canceled another trip.

Sounds like you're both making the best of it and that's what it's all about.

He's back!
    Last edited by schexc; 02-24-2021 at 01:23 PM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, A4E!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    OMG! OMG OMG! How does one respond? act1966 is at it again!

We often wonder how you two are doing, since you became David Copperfield

So glad that the two of you have satisfied your dream of escaping the cold of winter and spending it at your home...a COVID upside, if there is such a thing.

We had planned on going for six weeks, arriving a week ago, but the wife was to anxious about the herd of air travelers, so we canceled another trip.

Sounds like you're both making the best of it and that's what it's all about.

He's back!
    Schexc! How's it going? Yeah, I agree with Mrs. Schexc... we were getting jittery about flights as November approached and low season was ending. If we'd had another flight cancelled, we were going to bail and stick it out in Canada. Hope you two make it out soon!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad to see you back on the forum. We've really missed you!

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Welcome back to the forum! It's nice to you are here in Aruba. It is so much safer than at home. We've been here since mid Dec.
    Sadly that is no longer true for my area of NH. The city I live in is the same population wise as Aruba. There has been a significant change these past 7-8 days. Aruba has about 12% more active cases each day than we do and the new cases today in Aruba are double new cases in my city! Aruba hospitalizations are high also......27 today which is of concern to me. ! Using caution in Aruba you should be fine. I am not an alarmist but I have been tracking this since it started and I am 'concerned' about what I am seeing now. (to refresh, I stayed in Aruba from last March until 2 weeks ago...lol)
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Robin:

Yeah... it's safer for us here... we live in a densely populated area in Canada and could not escape the throngs of people on the street so being down here is definitely a better option. And... no winter!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Walt!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Hi Robin:

Yeah... it's safer for us here... we live in a densely populated area in Canada and could not escape the throngs of people on the street so being down here is definitely a better option. And... no winter!
    My sister-in-law is in Waterloo, Ont. She tells us all about the Canadian winters and all the stay at home orders. We also have Aruban friends from the same area as my sil and other friends Sault St. Marie. We miss having them here this year.

0 0