This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...

Post Thanks / Like
    A House Divided

I've mentioned that I like hot sauce. On the Scoville scale (for all the "Hot Ones" fans out there), I probably drift around the seven to eight mark. The Spouse... not so much.

After a busy day of lounging in the pool, Mistress Margarita paid an extra-large visit. Twice. Then I went to make dinner.

Are you familiar with the recipe for "Drunken Marinara"? Here you go:

1) Have two extra-large margaritas in the pool.
    2) Make marinara sauce.

I also did grilled chicken breasts on the barbecue and put some ground thyme and black pepper on after brining.

Two Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...-chicken-jpg

Everything lands on the table and The Spouse dives in.

"Are you trying to kill me?!?"

Black pepper = Black Death apparently.

I couldn't even taste it!

Maybe a third margarita would have helped.

Burn, baby, burn...
    0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m with you on the hot sauce. Tom not so much. It seems that tolerance increases with frequency of use. I can’t imagine black pepper being too hot!!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I’m with you on the hot sauce. Tom not so much. It seems that tolerance increases with frequency of use. I can’t imagine black pepper being too hot!!!
    Right?!? Siracha is basically ketchup to me now!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Aruban papaya hot sauce is our ketchup.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Yes, the images now running through my twisted brain are a bit disturbing. LOL!
    My thoughts exactly.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Love hot sauces, but the older I get the less like me.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Walk This Way

(The title is for all the "Young Frankenstein" fans...)

Having been in Aruba for quite some time, we have to adapt to things that we probably never would have prior. Case in point: I had to go to a lab to get some blood work done for my endocrinologist back in Canada. I asked The Dutch Neighbour how I should go about this and she gave me some helpful information.

So I schlep over to a lab near the hospital, mask up and unto the breech. Unfortunately, they couldn't help me and directed me over to near where we live (sigh) and right next to Urgent Care. All good. Very professional and spoke English fluently. I did learn how to say "A1C" in Papiamento: it's "A1C". I'm now fluent. After the pandemic is over, I can run across the street and hit "080" for post-blood work beers and deep fried everything.

I did an early morning run to PriceSmart. It was me and three other customers. Parking spot right by the door. I get to the cash and there's one cashier and about eighty-thousand bag boys. Back up, children... Daddy ain't fully vaccinated yet!

Off to the Food of the Super later today. But I'm taking Walt's cue: if there's a line up, I'll take a pass and we'll dig stuff out of the freezer.

Two Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...-knocker-jpg

Again with the Young Frankenstein!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Love hot sauces, but the older I get the less like me.
    This is the one that makes all the celebs collapse on "Hot Ones":

https://www.amazon.com/Bomb-Beyond-I.../dp/B000FIBBWS
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm Team Spouse on the hot sauce. Is this ketchup spicy to you? LOL. Not that bad but I am a whimp. I like the Aruban Papaya for about 1 seconds, then I remember how hot it is and shovel in the rice to compensate.

I wonder of the sight of more bag boys is due less available jobs around the island? The store doesn't pay them, they only work for tips but is it just show up and work?
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Walk This Way

(The title is for all the "Young Frankenstein" fans...)

Having been in Aruba for quite some time, we have to adapt to things that we probably never would have prior. Case in point: I had to go to a lab to get some blood work done for my endocrinologist back in Canada. I asked The Dutch Neighbour how I should go about this and she gave me some helpful information.

So I schlep over to a lab near the hospital, mask up and unto the breech. Unfortunately, they couldn't help me and directed me over to near where we live (sigh) and right next to Urgent Care. All good. Very professional and spoke English fluently. I did learn how to say "A1C" in Papiamento: it's "A1C". I'm now fluent. After the pandemic is over, I can run across the street and hit "080" for post-blood work beers and deep fried everything.

I did an early morning run to PriceSmart. It was me and three other customers. Parking spot right by the door. I get to the cash and there's one cashier and about eighty-thousand bag boys. Back up, children... Daddy ain't fully vaccinated yet!

Off to the Food of the Super later today. But I'm taking Walt's cue: if there's a line up, I'll take a pass and we'll dig stuff out of the freezer.

Two Canadians Don't Walk Into A Bar...-knocker-jpg

Again with the Young Frankenstein!
    Classic...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9K9wiH2Lko

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0